Monthly News Thread (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Happy November!

Best thing they could have done was add NXT to SS. They should have 1000000% done this before NXT landed on USA - promote NXT. If they showed people what NXT was all about, people may have tuned in. Now they get beat by AEW and they finally realize to include it.

Leading up on Raws/SD before NXT launched on USA, they could have done a 10 minute match saying "This is what you will get on N X T!"

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The Saudi situation is kind of horrifying right now. The talents had no idea what was going on, they were told it was an issue with the plane but it wasn’t that, nor was it weather related. Sean Ross Sapp said Vince may have gotten into a disagreement before he left with the Saudis too.

Andrade’s feed went from being happy and having fun to posting on Twitter that it was an awful day and how he hopes to make it home before his birthday on November 3rd.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I certainly hope they get home safe and don't go back. When there's clear corruption in charge, nobody should be happy working under those conditions. Bet the corrupt dude in charge doesn't even think he's doing anything wrong either lol

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The timing is very rough going forward on Saudi shows. They used to do it Friday to get a little bit of time to travel. Now it's Monday Raw, Friday SD. There is no time to waste. And tehy won't want the shows on Wednesday.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Scary. Hope everyone makes it back home safely. This should be the end of any deal with SA.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The official response is hilarious. They cite “several airplane issues including mechanical ones” what non-mechanical problems did they have?

They also had to pat themselves on the back for the “record breaking Crown Jewel event”

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The official response is hilarious. They cite “several airplane issues including mechanical ones” what non-mechanical problems did they have?

They also had to pat themselves on the back for the “record breaking Crown Jewel event”
I mean ... we can't assume. It just does not sound right. But let's just hope for the best. That's all we can do. A lot of wrestlers claiming they won't go back. Let's see if they live up to it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
WWE response.
SmackDown set for surprises with WWE roster delayed returning from Saudi Arabia | WWE
The WWE roster is delayed in its return from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, following a historic performance at yesterday’s record-breaking WWE Crown Jewel event.
More than 175 Superstars, production crew and employees boarded a 747 charter flight back to the United States on Thursday. After the door closed, due to several aircraft problems including mechanical issues, all passengers sat on the tarmac for more than six hours. With SmackDown set to emanate live from Buffalo, N.Y., several Superstars felt so strongly that they arranged for their own separate charter in order to make it back to the U.S. for the show. Due to unforeseen issues, that charter will not land until after the live broadcast on FOX.
The remainder of WWE’s Superstars, staff and crew will depart on a charter set to depart Saudi Arabia later tonight.
As always with WWE, the show must go on. Live at 8/7 CT on FOX, SmackDown will feature Superstars, such as Daniel Bryan, The Miz, Carmella, Nikki Cross, Dana Brooke — plus, additional surprises.
For the latest updates on this story and tonight’s SmackDown, check back with WWE.com and follow WWE on social media.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Think I'm going to skip tonight in favor of some COD. When they're advertising Dana Brooke as a marquee superstar, you know they're screwed for tonight.

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
Smackdown will be worthwhile to watch to see just how bad it is with a depleted roster. Should just be a 2 hour ironman triple threat match between Owens, Black and Bryan

EDIT: forgot about Sami. 2 hour ironman fatal four way between Zayn, Black, Bryan and Owens

Last edited:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Smackdown will be worthwhile to watch to see just how bad it is with a depleted roster. Should just be a 2 hour ironman triple threat match between Owens, Black and Bryan
Winner is #1 contender for one of the major titles.

I'd watch it, TBH.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
I’m definitely watching this just to see what they come up with without the same 3-5 people they’d lean heavily on were they available.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
WWE put out their own report on this that made it sound like they were grounded due to traffic control, and that some of the 'superstars' were adamant about getting to the show tonight and chartered their own flight. So, I'm guessing that they got the people important to the show tonight out of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad