Monthly News Thread (May 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Apparently The Revival not accepting WWE’s offer last night is what led to the back shaving skit and losing to Hawkins and Ryder again.

WWE’s offer to Joey Ryan is said to be “nothing special” and they mostly want to keep him away from AEW.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Apparently The Revival not accepting WWE’s offer last night is what led to the back shaving skit and losing to Hawkins and Ryder again.

WWE’s offer to Joey Ryan is said to be “nothing special” and they mostly want to keep him away from AEW.

So they're basically on their way out, then?

"We don't like how you turned down our latest contract offer because you aren't happy with your booking.....so we're going to show you how bitter we are by booking you even worse. That'll show you."

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So they're basically on their way out, then?

"We don't like how you turned down our latest contract offer because you aren't happy with your booking.....so we're going to show you how bitter we are by booking you even worse. That'll show you."
Well they have a year left.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Well they have a year left.

There's still a year left on their contract?!

I thought they were trying to get out like in January, maybe even earlier. Why is WWE in such a hurry to re-sign them? Hell, if I was that unhappy with the booking and the overall atmosphere VInce has created backstage, I'd walk out. **** the contract.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I thought they were trying to get out like in January, maybe even earlier. Why is WWE in such a hurry to re-sign them? Hell, if I was that unhappy with the booking and the overall atmosphere VInce has created backstage, I'd walk out. **** the contract.

Because they don't want to lose them. If they walk out, then their contracts get frozen.

LOL at the Joey Ryan stuff. Why make an offer if it's not serious, and why make an offer that you know won't beat AEW just to keep him away from there?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Then they’ll freeze your deal and good luck fighting it when they have way more money at their disposal than the talents do, and good luck working elsewhere with a frozen contract with WWE.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Just give the push the Revival were going to get to War Raiders or even the Street Prophits or Heavy Machinery.

Revival have become so overrated because of AEW. I don't even see why Vince is so hard up on keeping them.

I liked them in NXT but they got over because of Alpha and DIY, heck push AOP then.

These guys were lucky, they could still be in NXT having the crowd chant who is Dash who is Dawson. LOL I remember Dawson and his trailer park gimmick feuding with Enzo back in the day. They had 2 super over babyface teams to work with and made them look like a million bucks.

Let them go to AEW, as much as their gimmick is they are top guys they are far from it. Dawson does have the talent but Dash is a dime a dozen CAW wrestler. If they don't want to be there then push the tag teams that do.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just give the push the Revival were going to get to War Raiders or even the Street Prophits or Heavy Machinery.

Revival have become so overrated because of AEW. I don't even see why Vince is so hard up on keeping them.

I liked them in NXT but they got over because of Alpha and DIY, heck push AOP then.

These guys were lucky, they could still be in NXT having the crowd chant who is Dash who is Dawson. LOL I remember Dawson and his trailer park gimmick feuding with Enzo back in the day. They had 2 super over babyface teams to work with and made them look like a million bucks.

Let them go to AEW, as much as their gimmick is they are top guys they are far from it. Dawson does have the talent but Dash is a dime a dozen CAW wrestler. If they don't want to be there then push the tag teams that do.

So the reality is you just like gimmicks as opposed to good wrestling? Because if you watch some of their matches, they tear the house down. They are exactly what tag team wrestling should be about.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
LOL at the Joey Ryan stuff. Why make an offer if it's not serious, and why make an offer that you know won't beat AEW just to keep him away from there?
He's old.

The offer was for a job in NXT, then a coaching roll in a couple of years. They were offering security opposed to the uncertainty of AEW. AEW has absolutely no post in-ring career support, where WWE has tons (and AEW might not even exist in a couple of years). So there's a good amount of

The offer is probably fair for the value he'd provide WWE, and he isn't anything worth overspending on. Not compared to other guys AEW are going to focus on.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

This is such a dumb take. They’re one of the best tag teams in the world for a reason and they can’t even do what they do best on the main roster because main roster matches are booked a certain way. The entire basis of your argument is stuff that happened 3+ years ago when the reality is, all those teams you mentioned wouldn’t have gotten over without The Revival being so f***ing good.

As soon as they were starting to get the chance they needlessly drop the titles to a team who’s been in a match less than a handful of times since winning them.

I’m convinced you only pop in here once in a blue moon to say something egregious and play contrarian to rile people up.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
So the reality is you just like gimmicks as opposed to good wrestling? Because if you watch some of their matches, they tear the house down. They are exactly what tag team wrestling should be about.

I think they are good workers, but there are other teams that I like better and I think have more charisma and are just as good in the ring.

They are a good team, just not as good as all the trouble WWE is going through for them. Let them go if they want to go we aren't talking Hart foundation or Steiners or LOD or even NAO here.

Dawson is the one with talent anyways, Dash is just kinda there.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think it's imperative to be able to differentiate between horrible writing and wrestlers who aren't good (character/in-ring). Just because WWE has no clue how to book doesn't make some stuff bad. Examples - Balor, Revival, etc. That's on WWE.

Revival/DIY matches are the types of things that could literally happen 1x per month and get the crowds going for PPVs. Instead we get booked matches like Ryder/Hawkins FOR THE TITLES and stupid shit like Samoa Joe being rolled up/surprised pinned every week.

By the by - the Hawkins/Ryder story could have been really really really cool for undercard tag matches leading to their big win. For the titles? Get the f*** out of here.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
This is such a dumb take. They’re one of the best tag teams in the world for a reason and they can’t even do what they do best on the main roster because main roster matches are booked a certain way. The entire basis of your argument is stuff that happened 3+ years ago when the reality is, all those teams you mentioned wouldn’t have gotten over without The Revival being so ****ing good.

As soon as they were starting to get the chance they needlessly drop the titles to a team who’s been in a match less than a handful of times since winning them.

I’m convinced you only pop in here once in a blue moon to say something egregious and play contrarian to rile people up.

I was a fan of theirs before people like them. I just don't think they are worth the time WWE is trying to put in to save them if they want to go and there are plenty of teams that are in the WWE that they can push that aren't trying to quit every week.

Let them go to AEW/Indys and do what they love there, IMO they aren't a charsimatic enough team to put all this effort into saving them.

As far as best team in the world goes? UE and MM are better, even USO's IMO are better.

If Revival came around earlier and feuded with the Acension and Blake and Wesly they wouldn't have gotten as over as they are. Full sail would still be chanting who is Dash who is Dawson. Yes they were good workers (Dawson is at least) but they also got to work with 2 teams that could have 4 star matches in their sleep and were super over babyfaces with the NXT crowd.

Heck I would reunite Alpha, turn them heel and give them the push they want to give the Revival. They are good hands but they just dont have the charisma (at least Dash for sure) to be "top guys". WWE should stop wasting time and let them go if they want to quit and focus on guys who actually want to be there. F'n Gable is being wasted, Heavy Machinery has disapeared, Street Prophits are stuck in NXT, all the while WWE is bending over backwards for guys who don't want to be there, and want to quit if they don't get pushed.

Everyone would involved would probably be happier if they just went their separate ways and moved on.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Ehhh. WWE doesn't do tag teams well...they're essentially repeating the B Team story but with Ryder and Hawkins. Likeable tag team of established losers defies all odds and achieves some success through luck and a drop of talent.

They have so many good tag teams and they just can't make it work. A lot of the blame for that is on the brand split...a lot is on creative and a lot is the unnecessary split of teams. On a roster that has War Raiders, The Bar (presumably?), Revival, Good Brothers, Usos, New Day, hopefully Breezango soon and whoever else in NXT, etc...there's no reason Ryder/Hawkins (or previously the B Team) should be a thing...or in the very least...a thing this long.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
@scrubadam thats what happens when you have one guy who doesn’t value them at all and just wants to keep them away from other promotions in an attempt to kill them off (admitting they’re valuable in some way, this is Vince) and a second guy who values them because he knows how damn good they are and wants them to stay to make their product better rather than hoard talent unnecessarily (HHH).

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
@scrubadam thats what happens when you have one guy who doesn’t value them at all and just wants to keep them away from other promotions in an attempt to kill them off (admitting they’re valuable in some way, this is Vince) and a second guy who values them because he knows how damn good they are and wants them to stay to make their product better rather than hoard talent unnecessarily (HHH).

Thats why I think they should let them go, they aren't worth the hassel. Even if they stay and get a push, once that stops they will be right back at square one. Its not a good relationship between the 2 parties.

Same with Sasha, just let her go.

Neither of them are Austin/Rock type stars. WWE has like 800 wrestlers under contract between all the brands, if wrestlers are unhappy there are plenty waiting to take their place.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Ehhh. WWE doesn't do tag teams well...they're essentially repeating the B Team story but with Ryder and Hawkins. Likeable tag team of established losers defies all odds and achieves some success through luck and a drop of talent.

They have so many good tag teams and they just can't make it work. A lot of the blame for that is on the brand split...a lot is on creative and a lot is the unnecessary split of teams. On a roster that has War Raiders, The Bar (presumably?), Revival, Good Brothers, Usos, New Day, hopefully Breezango soon and whoever else in NXT, etc...there's no reason Ryder/Hawkins (or previously the B Team) should be a thing...or in the very least...a thing this long.

I don't see how the brand split is to blame at all. They have an abundance of tag teams if they wanted. Teams like the Good Bros, Sanity, Heavy Machinery, etc aren't used.... for no reason.

Vince doesn't value tag team wrestling. He'd rather comedy teams be used then actual, technical tag teams.

Uso's move back to RAW and now they are spying on Revival in the showers and singing their entrance music.
Good Bro's just haven't been used, and the list time they were, they were doing comedic skits about being doctors.
New Day, is a comedic act that works because of the talent.
Heavy Machinery are just background dancers at this point, used for comedy.
Hawkins/Ryder are a pair of losers who lucked into the tag titles... essentially comedy
B Team? Full comedy
Breezango? Used as a comedy team
War Raiders? Have already been turned into a meme
Revival? Now are jobbers and losing to other comedy teams.

Vince doesn't think Tag Teams are worth anything.

Reactions: Scott Stevens

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Thats why I think they should let them go, they aren't worth the hassel. Even if they stay and get a push, once that stops they will be right back at square one. Its not a good relationship between the 2 parties.

Same with Sasha, just let her go.

Neither of them are Austin/Rock type stars. WWE has like 800 wrestlers under contract between all the brands, if wrestlers are unhappy there are plenty waiting to take their place.

Vince doesn't care about how many wrestlers he has, or if they are undercard or maincard.

He's worried about what they will do elsewhere.

He knows Revival and Sasha would be stars in AEW.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I don't see how the brand split is to blame at all. They have an abundance of tag teams if they wanted. Teams like the Good Bros, Sanity, Heavy Machinery, etc aren't used.... for no reason.

Vince doesn't value tag team wrestling. He'd rather comedy teams be used then actual, technical tag teams.

Uso's move back to RAW and now they are spying on Revival in the showers and singing their entrance music.
Good Bro's just haven't been used, and the list time they were, they were doing comedic skits about being doctors.
New Day, is a comedic act that works because of the talent.
Heavy Machinery are just background dancers at this point, used for comedy.
Hawkins/Ryder are a pair of losers who lucked into the tag titles... essentially comedy
B Team? Full comedy
Breezango? Used as a comedy team
War Raiders? Have already been turned into a meme
Revival? Now are jobbers and losing to other comedy teams.

Vince doesn't think Tag Teams are worth anything.

The split adds a negative...or possibility for annoying shit in the sense that teams often repeat feuds over and over because there's not many teams on their individual show.

It's not the cause...and could actually be more a result of the awful tag booking...but it definitely doesn't help.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
There’s a handful of credible teams and they’re spread across two brands.

The Usos, The New Day, The Bar, The Hardyz and I’m struggling to put anyone else there. The Revival have been geeked out to Ryder and Hawkins way too much. Of those teams listed, only one is healthy right now and even so, it took two weeks for Vince to completely undo everything that made The Usos cool and bad ass on Smackdown by spying on two guys in the shower.

Tag team wrestling is SOOOO good yet Vince doesn’t value it at all.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Lio Rush may be shifted back down to NXT.

There’s been issues since November on the latest European tour. The junior member of the roster usually waits in gorilla and hands talent water after their matches, and carries the coolers into the hotels on the European tours to set up a common area for talent to socialize but Lio wasn’t doing it. When talent tried communicating with him that he was making a mistake, he complained to management and that scored him no points with anyone.

He has heat on him for bringing family and friends backstage with no credentials and not listening to veterans.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
if anyone didnt notice, the Universal Title is velcro now

D49SauEU0AAz17U.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad