Monthly News Thread (June 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Reading more, and I’m stunned Vince is actually handing over some power. I’m intrigued and excited to watch Monday and Tuesday, which is what I couldn’t imagine saying.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I still have zero faith. I will wait and let some of you do my dirty work and watch RAW and SD for me :D, if the general consensus is that it gets a lot better in the next month or two I will tune back in.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
So what exactly does this mean or is it still rather unclear?

Does this mean Heyman and Bischoff are responsible for booking RAW and Smackdown respectively? Obviously champions/title changes would be decided on collectively but how those champions are booked on RAW and SDL is now up to PH and EB?

Do the writers report to PH and EB and they decide what they like and then pitch to Vince directly?

I'm confused and haven't had a chance to come up to speed yet.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
im not expecting the show to be GOOD all of a sudden, but you know... just like in sports, im just happy to have "my team" take a good decision.
I still watch them as a fan anyways, but if they make a move that makes them BETTER or exciting then its fun to anticipate the shows and not just watch them because its monday.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Nobody knows what it actually means. What we do know is that Vince's next move to combat failing ratings and upstart promotions getting good publicity at times at WWE's expense over the last 2 years, was to hire 2 guys based on their resumes from 25 years ago. Heyman was obviously already still around, so that's a less out-of-touch promotion since Heyman has been around the product. Bischoff has not apart from showing up at conventions. Wonder if they still have Vince Russo's number.

Reactions: The Crypto Gal

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Maybe I'll actually actively tune in next week to see what happens. If they turn the lights out in the crowd, the show will immediately be like, five times better, like when the power went out in areas a few weeks ago.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Double or nothing had red lights in the crowd.... just like RAW.
can we just get better in ring product please and stories......and not complain about the lamest things as "lights"

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
According to a rumor reported by Brad Shepard on Twitter, Triple H actually was offered Bischoff’s new Executive Director role for Smackdown Live, but he apparently turned it down, he declined the role to oversee Smackdown because it meant he’d have to juggle both that and NXT.
Shepard wrote, “The same source also told me Triple H was offered Eric Bischoff’s Executive Director role on #SDLive under the condition that he juggle NXT as well, and he declined.”
Again this is rumored by Brad Shepard

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Basically any change is going to get cheered/enthusiasm. But I think being cautiously optimistic is the best anyone can do. There is no proof that it deserves more.

Heyman gets a little too much love around here. He's an amazing promo. Amazing. But he's been helping Brock's segments for years that absolutely suck. And he's a "yes man" to get his paycheck, too. Does he have a brilliant mind? Yep. So do a lot of people that don't get the chance to shine. Bish? Ok... let's see what he did to TNA. Cool. Got it.

What would have been more exciting is handing it over to HHH. Or letting guys like Road Dogg do his thing where he said THIS:

"So I was the producer on that match and I don't think I'm telling stories out of school here. But they came to me and I said ‘Guys I'm 50 years old and I got over by ducking a clotheslines and wiggling my knees. I don't dare put my foot into your wrestling ring today because I'm just gonna screw you up. So y'all do your thing and let me wrap my head around all the things you're doing so that I can make sure cameras are in the right place so we can shoot it.’"

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm cautiously optimistic about this, but at the end of the day, it's still WWE. It's still 100% scripted minus one or two guys getting freedom. It's still micromanaged. It's still going to go through Vince for final say, and you bet your *** if he doesn't like what Heyman/Bischoff are proposing, he's going to step right back in and take over.

Here's a thought: give your wrestlers some more freedom, and maybe, just maybe, the product will improve? Hire all of the execs you want, it won't mean **** unless you start to trust your in-ring talent more.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I’m more looking forward to Heyman utilizing lesser talents on Raw, and hopefully Bischoff doing the same on Smackdown. Less using other brand stars and more building up others.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
What evidence do you have that they would do this? Legit question.
The Smackdown Six era and 2003 Smackdown in general.

Heyman knows to utilize younger talent. I see no reason why that would change now.

You can also look at the reason he quit WWE and vowed to never get involved creatively again (until now) and the December to Dismember debacle. He’s not a dinosaur. He has good ideas and has an eye for good, young talent and utilizing them to their strengths.

Last edited:
Reactions: Disclose

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
People are questioning the Bischoff hire but if you read between the lines it actually makes perfect since.

It stated in the sheets that Bischoff was going to be working directly with FOX's execs. Something he did very, very well back in WCW's heyday. Surprised Vince actually had the brains to realize that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Triple H could delegate NXT more if he wanted to, he's got most of his buddies down there with him.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Triple H could delegate NXT more if he wanted to, he's got most of his buddies down there with him.

I think Triple H cares more about NXT than SmackDown or even Raw.

Plus, it’s been said he’s extremely frustrated backstage of the main roster shows, so it’s probably not an environment even he wants to spend more time in.

Plus, if HHH can put his full attention on NXT like he mainly has, and Heyman and Bischoff can do the same with RAW and SmackDown, I think it could be even better for the quality overall.

Three different brands, three separate teams, three different feels. More people focused on one thing rather than everyone focused on everything is good.

I prefer HHH in the Vince role where his team reports to him, like in NXT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad