Monthly News Thread (June 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I hope Heyman comes in and throws half the storylines in the garbage

And then Vince either picks them out of the garbage or comes up with new ones much worse and eventually Heyman breaks down and just runs the shitty stuff.

I love the idea in theory but in practice it's still going to be Vince.

Reactions: KIRK

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I don’t think Heyman would of take the position if he didn’t have some sort of control.

But Vince is Vince.

It’s interesting

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
let us have hope....

its rare people react to news like this. its still Vince's show and this could only be a move to get attention. "please watch smarks! aew no good"

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dave and Bryan are going to be doing a show in lieu of releasing this week's observer, which is already late, so this must be a very big deal

Reactions: Disclose

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
New strings, same puppet master.

I doubt this is any different other than maybe one or two good ideas get past Vince without being f***ed up. Though I will say, I bet now Heyman fights Vince tooth and nail about protecting Bray.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
PWI saying one of their sources are comparing Heyman and Bischoff’s new roles as what HHH does with NXT.

If true, that’s huge.

I highly doubt Vince is scaling back his involvement that much.

Probably the best part will be that Heyman and Bischoff will both be driven to out-do one another. They've both made it clear that while they respect each other's wrestling minds, they're not exactly friends.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
PWI saying one of their sources are comparing Heyman and Bischoff’s new roles as what HHH does with NXT.

If true, that’s huge.
We are told that they will be overseeing all aspects of their individual series, answering directly to Vince McMahon. They are now the top of the pyramid, respectively, for Raw and Smackdown but obviously McMahon will always have the last say. One WWE source compared their roles to Paul Levesque's in NXT in that they will be in charge, but it's still Vince's company.
Nice.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
New strings, same puppet master.

I doubt this is any different other than maybe one or two good ideas get past Vince without being ****ed up. Though I will say, I bet now Heyman fights Vince tooth and nail about protecting Bray.

Eh, I've always thought Paul would be great working under Vince. Vince loves having his ego stroked, and Paul is a world class bullshitter.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
what the **** is going on lmao

I am absolutely shocked at this and super intrigued. Does this start immediately? If so... I'm super curious about Monday and Tuesday coming up now and seeing how those play out.

The Alliance won the ****ing war 18 years later.

For Heyman to do this after all the butting heads in creative when he was in that role, you HAVE to think Vince is actually going to scale back his involvement. Sure, it says they report to him, but I have a hard believing Heyman would take this role if there was any risk of super duper meddling from Vince. This is encouraging.

I can imagine. No, that came out wrong...

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Is this more about WWE TV being bad, or more about Vince wanting to do the XFL?

Vince also doesn't travel to every TV show anymore. So there may be some element of that, a little bit of the networks making them do something Vince doesn't want to do, etc.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Vince has football people doing the XFL anyways. He'll still oversee it because he's Vince, but he's not gong to disappear like people seem to suggest.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Watching Collider Live (on a couple of minutes delay), they're talking about it for a long while (mostly Ryan Satin and Harloff). In case anyone didn't know, Kristian Harloff was a writer there some around the turn of the millennium. Has said the tuned fora long while, then bought the network and began watching NXT after several recommendations. Has been talking about it more lately. Trashed the opening of Raw from this week, how Becky and Seth were put out there to say awkward , unnatural stuff. :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
what the **** is going on lmao

I am absolutely shocked at this and super intrigued. Does this start immediately? If so... I'm super curious about Monday and Tuesday coming up now and seeing how those play out.

The Alliance won the ****ing war 18 years later.

For Heyman to do this after all the butting heads in creative when he was in that role, you HAVE to think Vince is actually going to scale back his involvement. Sure, it says they report to him, but I have a hard believing Heyman would take this role if there was any risk of super duper meddling from Vince. This is encouraging.

First step any addict has to take is to admit he has a problem. Not calling Vince an addict, of course, but hiring Heyman and Bischoff for these roles tells me that he thinks he has a problem (maybe not a huge one right now, but clearly he knows there's a problem with his product and due to the potential competition from AEW). Whether it works is another matter, in part because I'll believe Vince will step back a little when I see it and in part because I think he's romanticizing Bischoff's work.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
So we're all just ignoring the post where it was revealed that Tommy Dreamer considered killing Heyman and then himself AT Wrestlemania?

Alright then.

Reactions: xtra

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
yes. i will. because thats just f***ed.... and its hard to put yourself in the head of someone who has lost his brain doing that style of wrestling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad