Monthly News Thread (June 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I have no doubt Seth knew Jon was going to AEW when they did that final interview, but I wonder how much more jealous he is of Jon for instantly getting to work with Kenny Omega.

He’s admitted to being jealous that Jon got the first one-on-one match with Undertaker of The Shield guys (and reports were Undertaker handpicked Dean for that one) and now seeing him get to work Kenny.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Seth can make his dream of wrestling Omega come true.

Just requires one small decision.

.....and probably a lot of time. Who knows how long that contract is.

Reactions: TD Charlie

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Alvarez says AEW was in the script that went around Monday morning for Zayn, but that Vince flipped out and was pissed off backstage when the line was said.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
the luchaonline guys said it was in the script, but Vince expected people to boo the name when mentioned.
(he has contacts, but he now works for aew. so i dont know how legit)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
the luchaonline guys said it was in the script, but Vince expected people to boo the name when mentioned.
(he has contacts, but he now works for aew. so i dont know how legit)
LOL

-chants “AEW” during the awful Shane segment-
-expects AEW mention to be booed later in the show-

Smfh

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Vince expecting people to boo AEW is f***ing hilarious

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
JR legitimately did not know Jon Moxley was going to be at DON. He knew they were negotiating with him and that’s it. Moxley wasn’t in his broadcast notes.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
In some ways Vince has changed a lot since his early days running WWF, but in some ways he hasn't changed at all. That story definitely sounds plausible.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
vince is in the sports entertainment. not wrestling.
he keeps repeating that for years.

WWE means WWE. theres no World Wrestling Entertainment.....

its f***ing weird lol.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Strongly recommend people listen to Mox's podcast with Jericho. Vince not only does not understand but is completely delusional and possibly senile.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I was going to do bullet points but honestly you just have to listen to the entire interview. It's very eye opening and the post would've been ridiculously long. Here's two highlight stories, but there's so much more. This isn't even a third of the way through the podcast.

- Reference the day he began, "Counting the days" until he could leave: He was working as a heel against Seth and arrived at the arena with multiple writers approaching him. He had to do numerous backstage promos where he was appearing on screen while Seth kept trying to call him out. Said he was only worried about the in ring promo.

Said the in-ring promo was, "Hot garbage" and he was written lame rips on the audience. The part that caught his eye was something to the effect of, "I wouldn't come out here without a pooper scooper." Told the writers he wouldn't say it, and asked them to clip it out before Vince saw it, because he would "Laugh his ass off about how it was good shit." Said the writers changed it to, "I wouldn't come out here without a gas mask" before taking it to Vince.

Writers met with Vince, came back to Dean and read him, "Notes from VKM". Vince's notes were, "Dean needs to understand why he needs to rip on the audience. Dean needs to read his promos verbatim and not try to rewrite them."

Said he went off on the writer, even though it wasn't his fault, and asked why he worked there. Said he learned how to talk people into the building years ago and brought that talent here to use it. Said ,"If you want somebody to say your stupid lines, hire an actor."

On the same night, he went to Vince pissed off, because in a separate promo he was scripted to say something "Very distasteful, taking a jab at my friend who was going off to fight leukemia." Told Vince, surely you don't want me to say that, to which Vince said, "Oh yeah, you've gotta include Roman, he's part of the story." Said Vince played the, "Jedi mind trick" on him and got him to do it anyways.

Went out to cut the promo where he said the line about Roman. Can't remember exactly what the line was, but said as soon as it came out of his mouth, he thought, "Oh my God, I can't believe I just said that."

After cutting the Roman promo, he went backstage, and his gas mask promo was written directly by Vince, who then decided that he needed to be wearing a surgical mask to, "Protect him from these disgusting people." Said he went to Vince's office and Ed Koski was about to go in, but he asked to go in first. Said he asked Koski to give him 30 seconds before going in, at which point he leaned up against a luggage box and felt exhausted. Eventually compromised with Vince on the promo, finished the show, ran out of the arena and the first thought that went through his head was, "I need a drink."

Said Vince made a comment about Dean not wanting to lose his, "Creative license" to which Dean thought, "What creative license."

- On the day he knew he was gone: Says he almost walked out of the company, and is glad he didn't because of the legal ramifications. Says he woke up to a text from a writer explaining that the plan for the night would be that he was meeting with a doctor to be inoculated from all the different diseases carried by the, "Disgusting people." Says he replied to the writer, "I hate that" to which the writer responded, "I know."

By the time he got to the building, word had circulated that he wasn't happy with the script for the night. Michael Hayes confronted him about it to which he affirmed his displeasure and said he's tired of doing the goofy shit. Said he was handed the script for the promo right before going into a company wide sexual harassment meeting. Said he spent the whole meeting seething while reading over the promo.

Said he wanted to meet with Vince immediately after the meeting, but was intercepted by staff advising that Vince wanted to meet with him and make sure he knew the promo wasn't comedy. Said he went into Vince's office and Vince explained to him that it's not a comedy promo, and Vince's exact words were, "It's so well written, it's going to get you a ton of heat." Said he argued with Vince that it was prop comedy to which Vince said there were no props involved, to which Dean asked what the doctor and the giant syringe were there for then.

Said in his head he knew it was the last time he'd say this to Vince, and told him, "If this is what you want on your show, I'm the best guy to do it." Said he did the promo, and everybody backstage was high fiving talking about how Vince loved it. Said he couldn't get out of the building fast enough, and felt dizzy as he was leaving and in the bar at the airport.

Said that in the "Inoculation" promo he was scripted to make another dig about Roman's leukemia, which he drew the line on and refused to say. Wouldn't say it on Jericho's podcast and told him he would tell him after they went off the air. Said he doesn't know who wrote it but that they should be ashamed of themselves, and said that if it aired, he believes Susan G. Komen and potentially other sponsors would've severed ties with the WWE.

Reactions: KIRK

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Man, that podcast was something else. Moxley speaks about Vince in so much worse a way than CM Punk did, IMO. Punk never really went into detail about calling out Vince's ways regarding creative decisions, production meetings, writers, etc. He just kind of mimicked his voice and laugh with the "ha ha ha well pal" and left it at that, and drew his own conclusions from there. He moreso went after Triple H/Ryback/part timers/his own WM frustrations.

Moxley went to town on Vince. Dude straight up said it's his goal to prove that Vince's way sucks.

"If I have something to prove, it's that I want to prove that your creative process - the WWE's creative process - sucks. It does not work. It's absolutely terrible."

He probably respects the guy as a human being, but this podcast was extremely refreshing to listen to.

Knowing how creative a lot of these guys were outside of WWE, I can't imagine how people like Sami Zayn, Luke Harper, Kevin Owens, etc feel about Vince. Hell, I'd love to spend 30 minutes with Bray Wyatt and listen to what he has to say about when Vince wanted him to become a transvestite feuding with Balor. His jaw probably dropped to the floor lol.

Great podcast, great to hear Moxley tell it like it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: KIRK

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Moxley said he told Mark Carrano (sp?) a day before Vince and Co. found out that he was not going to accept their contract. He showed up the Monday after the Royal Rumble, and an hour before the show producers and Johnny Ace are running up to him telling him there's been something added to his segment: Nia Jax's music hitting, laying him out, and having a stare down.

Moxley says at any other point in time, he would have been perfectly ok with that taking place, but because he knew that Vince found out about him leaving, he was pissed. He said that once all production/writing/etc meetings are done, there's a "super secret" meeting with Vince, Triple H, and one other person (can't recall the name but he definitely didn't say Kevin Dunn). Said that's where everything gets finalized and agreed upon, and that he stormed into that meeting with Johnny Ace rushing behind him, papers flying everywhere, about the fact that he knew exactly what Vince was doing with Nia: burying him.

They eventually hashed it out, but that was one thing that made him extremely angry the day after he gave his notice to Carrano.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Moxley said he told Mark Carrano (sp?) a day before Vince and Co. found out that he was not going to accept their contract. He showed up the Monday after the Royal Rumble, and an hour before the show producers and Johnny Ace are running up to him telling him there's been something added to his segment: Nia Jax's music hitting, laying him out, and having a stare down.

Moxley says at any other point in time, he would have been perfectly ok with that taking place, but because he knew that Vince found out about him leaving, he was pissed. He said that once all production/writing/etc meetings are done, there's a "super secret" meeting with Vince, Triple H, and one other person (can't recall the name but he definitely didn't say Kevin Dunn). Said that's where everything gets finalized and agreed upon, and that he stormed into that meeting with Johnny Ace rushing behind him, papers flying everywhere, about the fact that he knew exactly what Vince was doing with Nia: burying him.

They eventually hashed it out, but that was one thing that made him extremely angry the day after he gave his notice to Carrano.

I also found it interesting that he said he didn't even look at the contract they offered him. They handed it to him, he handed it back.

Also, his claim that the SHIELD Final reunion house show that was built entirely around him leaving, he was paid $500 for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad