Monthly News Thread (June 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Kenny Omega backtracked on that tweet about WWE taking blood money and airing Evolve against Fight for the Fallen. In relation to that, I remembered Tony Khan's father does business with the Saudi royal family.

- Austin Aries weighed in on Seth Rollins vs. Will Ospreay: “Until you flip as many shitty corporate fast food burgers as I do in a year, don’t you dare think you’re as good of a chef as I am.” When did high volume line cooks who don’t even write their own recipes start acting like highly skilled culinary artists?

- And continuing the absolutely insane week in the wrestling world, or half-wrestling world when it comes to this one, CM Punk has filed a lawsuit against Colt Cabana for $600,000 stemming from the Dr. Amann lawsuit and Colt not reimbursing or contributing to any fees, despite Colt claiming he had a verbal agreement with Punk that Punk would have him covered regardless until they had a personal falling out and Colt had to get his own representation in the case.

- And on a bit of a different note, DDP Yoga saved Big Cass:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Kenny Omega backtracked on that tweet about WWE taking blood money and airing Evolve against Fight for the Fallen. In relation to that, I remembered Tony Khan's father does business with the Saudi royal family.

- Austin Aries weighed in on Seth Rollins vs. Will Ospreay: “Until you flip as many ****ty corporate fast food burgers as I do in a year, don’t you dare think you’re as good of a chef as I am.” When did high volume line cooks who don’t even write their own recipes start acting like highly skilled culinary artists?

- And continuing the absolutely insane week in the wrestling world, or half-wrestling world when it comes to this one, CM Punk has filed a lawsuit against Colt Cabana for $600,000 stemming from the Dr. Amann lawsuit and Colt not reimbursing or contributing to any fees, despite Colt claiming he had a verbal agreement with Punk that Punk would have him covered regardless until they had a personal falling out and Colt had to get his own representation in the case.

- And on a bit of a different note, DDP Yoga saved Big Cass:

more details from the Punk/Cabana summarized:

- Punk/Cabana represented by same lawyer, Punk says he'll cover it
- Punk/Cabana have falling out
- Lawyer says he can't ethically represent both of them anymore
- Cabana gets his own lawyer
- Cabana wants Punk to pay for that
- Punk says that wasn't the deal, Cabana thinks it still stands

EDIT: well, the original lawyer said he'd still represent both, but Punk requested he drop Colt. Never mind then.

Last edited:

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Tommy Dreamer Considered Murdering Paul Heyman Before Committing Suicide At WrestleMania

When ECW went out of business I was 29 years old. I had a lot of my money, my parents’ money, trying to float the company. Paul Heyman, who I thought me and him were super tight, he screwed me over big time. He was in the WWE, the whole time. I had turned down hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to WCW. And now was unemployed. I went from a $750,000 offer, and Paul Heyman crying to me, that if I leave ECW, it will go out of business. Meanwhile, he was getting a paycheck from WWE. I don’t begrudge him, but then I did. I was depressed as depressed can be. I had women, I had fame, I had everything and yet it was the worst time of my life. It really was. I was doing indies, making decent money on the indies. But, I lived at home…

This is crazy for me to admit it, but I am doing it for a reason, just like I admitted to other things previously. Wrestlemania Houston (X7) Paul Heyman told me I was going to debut. All this stuff, when they had TLC and Spike Dudley came in, and Rhyno came in, and Lita came in. That was supposed to be my spot and then uh, that got ixnayed. Then there was gonna be a hardcore 24/7 thing, that was gonna be “all about you”. That was when I was supposed to debut. I remember I did a show there, and I saw a sign that said “Guns Welcome” and I was in Houston. I did an indie show, and I said: “What is this?” I’m from New York, what do you mean “Guns Welcome?” and they said “Oh you are allowed to bring a firearm into the venue.

I was across the street from the Astrodome. When I tell you it resonated in my head so, so much. That I’ll tell you what I wanted to do. It’s sick that I think this. At Wrestlemania, I was gonna hop the rail and I was gonna whack Paul E. in the back of the head right at the announce table, then I was gonna whack myself. The ultimate martyr, I was gonna hit my pose crack, boom, pull the trigger. Because I was that insane.

Don’t know if I would have went through with it, but that’s what I was thinking about every day. I was like “I will go down in history.” Pop, boom. First, they’d think it as an angle until I shot him. I was so severely depressed and so mental with rage, I needed help. That help came from a phone call from Jim Ross. Randomly I get a phone call from a number I didn’t know… I didn’t pick up, and I remember having these thoughts, and it was bad. I had a gun, I was psssh man. Could you think about the horribleness that I would have done for my legacy?

I would have ruined Wrestlemania, which I love Wrestlemania. For everybody. These thoughts were so so crazed in my head. How dare that person, he screwed my parents over and I come from a mobster mentality. In my head, I was like “I would become infamous.” Which is famous for the wrong reason. I’m glad I didn’t do it. But when that phone call came from Jim Ross. Again, just said leave a message. It said “Hey Tommy it’s Jim Ross, just want to let you know, we are still thinking about you, we are gonna get it done, just got to hang tight. Thank you.

Think of how stupid I would have been, how dumb and how messed up my thoughts would have been if they would have come to fruition. I am so happy I didn’t do it, I am so happy that I did get that phone call, from someone who was a stranger, I barely knew the guy. There was another day, there has been a lot of other days.

Reactions: flyersfan187

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Man, at least Big Cass seems like a normal dude and not a psychopath like Enzo. At least he got the help he needed and is doing better now.

Have to wonder if WWE brings him back at some point.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Smackdown’s attendance was between 1,500-2,500 (Alvarez claims 1,500-2,000, Meltzer claims around 2,500).

Jeeeeeesus. This is really bad. This isn’t just ratings being affected now, people are not going to the show. Soon they’ll be doing live events in front of just hundreds of people.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Smackdown’s attendance was between 1,500-2,500 (Alvarez claims 1,500-2,000, Meltzer claims around 2,500).

Jeeeeeesus. This is really bad. This isn’t just ratings being affected now, people are not going to the show. Soon they’ll be doing live events in front of just hundreds of people.

They have the TV contracts and the blood money. That's enough to sustain them for a decade.

But, yeah, they could be so much bigger if the product was good AND if they were maximizing ALL of their possible revenu streams.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
what the f*** is going on lmao

I am absolutely shocked at this and super intrigued. Does this start immediately? If so... I'm super curious about Monday and Tuesday coming up now and seeing how those play out.

The Alliance won the f***ing war 18 years later.

For Heyman to do this after all the butting heads in creative when he was in that role, you HAVE to think Vince is actually going to scale back his involvement. Sure, it says they report to him, but I have a hard believing Heyman would take this role if there was any risk of super duper meddling from Vince. This is encouraging.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I doubt that they will have real power given that Vince likes to control everything, but putting Heyman into one of the most prominent creative positions is a good idea. He's proven that he's one of the top creative minds in wrestling history and his poor business sense won't really matter in this context. Bischoff on the other hand brings very little into a creative role. I'd enjoy him being on screen again though, because the man has charisma and can cut promos.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
what the **** is going on lmao

I am absolutely shocked at this and super intrigued. Does this start immediately? If so... I'm super curious about Monday and Tuesday coming up now and seeing how those play out.

The Alliance won the ****ing war 18 years later.

For Heyman to do this after all the butting heads in creative when he was in that role, you HAVE to think Vince is actually going to scale back his involvement. Sure, it says they report to him, but I have a hard believing Heyman would take this role if there was any risk of super duper meddling from Vince. This is encouraging.

I mean if they get full autonomy to book the shows as they see fit, this would be brilliant.

but unfortunately, theyll be micromanaged to death and have to use the 30 person writing staff's ideas

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
I won't hold my breath for a better product. But if Vince does actually let these guys run the show it could be very good for the fans.

AEW already paying off for the fans. As JR would say, business is about to pick up

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad