Monthly News Thread (June 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Tough to call NXT developmental with guys like Bobby Roode, Joe, James Storm, Drew Macintyre, Eric Young, etc... all recently going through the promotion. Lots of gray areas there.

Just because older or more experienced wrestlers go through the promotion doesn't mean it's not developmental.

With those guys, it could be developing a new character, it could be developing mic skills, it could be as simple as a better way to reintroduce them to the WWE audience, it could be developing them to the WWE style.

NXT is 100% a developmental brand, even if not everyone that goes through there needed major development.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Tough to call NXT developmental with guys like Bobby Roode, Joe, James Storm, Drew Macintyre, Eric Young, etc... all recently going through the promotion. Lots of gray areas there.

Agreed. Dream is sort of the only one i see them really developing. Everyone else ended up being indy darlings that the WWE didn't fully believe in so they brought them to NXT. And sure... they were able to learn the cameras/WWE way a little better, but almost all of these guys could have figured it out on the run in WWE.

NXT, to me, is WWE's version of an indy promotion. 205 is their gimmick version of a cruiserweight show. Put those together on a weekly tv station and i'm watching. I hate that saying watching it on the network is difficult, but i'm less likely to go in and watch network television shows on a weekly basis over regular tv yet. The tide is turning, but i'm not there yet. I feel we all binge watch over tune in for just an hour.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
ok now I want

NXT Takeover: SeidoNSlam

Black/Ciampa
Dream/Cena
Baszler/LeRae
Cole/Ricochet
Mountain/Era

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Cena vs. Dream would be things dreams are made of.

And i’d call NXT a hybrid of developmental and being a third brand imo.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
More on Cass:

- had big heat for not rehearsing a promo before TV and then going long when he did it live on TV. The promo was bad and Vince had fired the writer a couple of weeks ago for it.

- bathroom incident on the tour bus in Europe, mentioned earlier. Attitude problems in Europe.

- had heat for constantly defending Trump and had heat as a result of an argument he had with Sami Zayn a while ago regarding the treatment of Muslims.

- officials blamed Cass a while back for the Show vs. Cass feud not being good enough from last year. Officials also weren’t happy with his performance in the Bryan program, but that wasn’t the cause of the firing. It did cause him to take two submission losses though.

- Promoters already want to reunite Enzo & Cass but the two had a real life falling out.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Cena on NXT vs dream would be a great buildup and it would get people to signup for the network.

And if they were smart they would have Cena get one of the other titles and have an open challenge where dream debuts and wins there (after losing on NXT)

But man oh man is Cena gonna be booed on that show.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It would be a nice calculated play and different feel even for NXT

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Zayn has to get one done before the other which probably complicates recovery time. They won’t write him into Wrestlemania unless he’s around at the Rumble, they’ll hold off until the night after.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Maybe if Nia Jax didn't suck in *literally* every way imaginable, she'd be pushed more/seen in a better light? Alexa isn't the greatest in the ring but she's still a hell of a lot better than Nia. Then when you factor in mic work, character development, charisma, it's no contest.

Nia probably thinks she should be champ forever because she's related to The Rock.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille