Monthly News Thread (June 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So how did they ever make it up?

Granted, Cass was in developmental forever.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Unless Batista was coming in to put someone over, I am glad he isn’t getting a run. Enough of part timers feuding with part timers.

Though I bet Vince’s reasons are not the same as mine.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Heel Batista was good. Face Batista, not so much.

I genuinely think they're bitter that he left and achieved success outside of WWE, so they're shunning him to discourage others from following suit.

... Granted, I also feel they intentionally don't let anybody get over because they're afraid of creating another Rock.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Heel Batista was good. Face Batista, not so much.

I genuinely think they're bitter that he left and achieved success outside of WWE, so they're shunning him to discourage others from following suit.

... Granted, I also feel they intentionally don't let anybody get over because they're afraid of creating another Rock.

Vince is just a stupid out-dated carny. Creating another Rock would be GREAT for his business.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Right. I think their worry is the leaving part.

Which is funny, because supposedly they let his contract expire in 2004 and he intended to re-sign.

The leaving part is also great for the business. Give them mainstream exposure, free publicity.

Main-event guys have a shelf life. Them leaving at the top is not a bad thing... if you can create new stars. NXT is so cool not only because of the booking and workrate. It is also awesome because it is always fresh.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
So how did they ever make it up?

Granted, Cass was in developmental forever.

Enzo/Cass were an awesome tag team and they had sooooo much left in the tank when they decided to split. It was a scenario where the two together were insanely better than the individuals. They should have been a tag team forever in WWE and never ever split up.

As for the egos, yeah... they needed to check those at the door. But sometimes ego is what makes a wrestler great. CM Punk is the perfect example. But it seemed the egos got out of control toward the end.

It's so unfortunate because even though they suck as individual talents, anyone who says they weren't an awesome tag team is ridiculous. They were fun promos, okay enough in the ring, fun to watch, etc.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Vince is just a stupid out-dated carny. Creating another Rock would be GREAT for his business.

Totally agree. Rock STILL helps WWE by being a guy who started as a wrestler and ends up one of the most liked public figures in the country. No matter what, he started in the wrestling business. That gives so much credit to the WWE it's ridiculous. If they created more of those guys (John Cena is on his way), they would continue to get more and more fans from the mainstream appeal.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

The Unknown Poster

Mar 21, 2014
That source on Cass/Carmella is pretty dubious.

Anyway, didnt know there was a wrestling forum here. So here I am. Looking forward to engaging in some discussion!

Reactions: BonMorrison
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->