Monthly News Thread (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
It's already been said as much.

FOX wants SmackDown to be apart of their sports lineup. They don't want the soap opera stuff. They don't want "Sports Entertainment". They want "Sport".

Many believe that at the shake up in April, or maybe another one after SummerSlam, SmackDown will be given all of the more technical talent, while RAW will be where the gimmick, story driven characters will be.

I am more of a storyline and gimmick person when it comes to my wrestling, but the WWE is so bad it for the most part I suppose this wouldnt be such a bad thing for Smackdown.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
WWE also thinks they're better than they are. Like, they started a campaign and had a gala to get Emmy nominations for Raw 25 - which by every account was a hideous show.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I thought Taker was one of the few that was smart with his money and did some investing in real estate.

Judging by his actions, he's not. Now remember... this is 1000000000% speculation. But I always believe actions always tell the real story. Here are some actions that make me believe he is hurting for money. Maybe it was a bad investment. Maybe it was due to divorce or something (isn't he divorced?). But the actions are quite telling.

- He speaks in that interview i posted from the early 2000s about never wanting to be the guy in the ring longer than he should. So clearly it was on his mind. He became that person. And far far far beyond it.

- HBK comes out of retirement for a match including taker that was clearly all for money. HBK lived up to his word to Taker so it seems like Taker was the one telling HBK to do it. If you listen to ANY HBK interview about it after the fact, HBK was obviously annoyed he did it and wanted no part of it. He cuts the questions off as quickly as he can. I really think Taker was the one saying for Shawn to do it.

- He just put that he was open for bookings on his social media... the guy never needs to do that. He can just have his agent look around. It seems desperate.

- He also did weird appearances in character like the weird one with the Cleveland Cavs. So strange.

Oh well. 100% speculation. No tangible evidence.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
Judging by his actions, he's not. Now remember... this is 1000000000% speculation. But I always believe actions always tell the real story. Here are some actions that make me believe he is hurting for money. Maybe it was a bad investment. Maybe it was due to divorce or something (isn't he divorced?). But the actions are quite telling.

- He speaks in that interview i posted from the early 2000s about never wanting to be the guy in the ring longer than he should. So clearly it was on his mind. He became that person. And far far far beyond it.

- HBK comes out of retirement for a match including taker that was clearly all for money. HBK lived up to his word to Taker so it seems like Taker was the one telling HBK to do it. If you listen to ANY HBK interview about it after the fact, HBK was obviously annoyed he did it and wanted no part of it. He cuts the questions off as quickly as he can. I really think Taker was the one saying for Shawn to do it.

- He just put that he was open for bookings on his social media... the guy never needs to do that. He can just have his agent look around. It seems desperate.

- He also did weird appearances in character like the weird one with the Cleveland Cavs. So strange.

Oh well. 100% speculation. No tangible evidence.

His marriage to Michelle McCool was at least his 2nd marriage. You had the storyline with DDP stalking his then wife Sara

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Meltzer has noted before when talking about 'Taker that he was broke at one point. I think it was bad investments or something, but it was some time ago and I've got no clue when exactly.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
didnt he have many divorces and stuff?
anyways. if someone is giving me 25,000 for one hour. i would put my hat and roll my eyes and sign shit that i made them buy.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah I remember hearing about a bad investment but have no idea when that was. He also divorced Sara, so maybe that was costly too. I know he did invest in real estate a lot.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
didnt he have many divorces and stuff?
anyways. if someone is giving me 25,000 for one hour. i would put my hat and roll my eyes and sign **** that i made them buy.

Per Wikipedia:

Calaway married his first wife, Jodi Lynn, in 1989. They had a son, Gunner Vincent (born 1993). The marriage ended in 1999. Calaway married his second wife, Sara, in St. Petersburg, Florida on July 21, 2000. In 2001, Sara made televised appearances with the WWE (then known as the WWF) as part of a feud between Calaway and Diamond Dallas Page, in which she was acknowledged as being Calaway's wife. The couple had two daughters together: Chasey (born November 21, 2002) and Gracie (born May 15, 2005). In 2007, he and Sara were divorced, and he became romantically linked to former wrestler Michelle McCool, whom he married on June 26, 2010 in Houston, Texas.[200] The couple's first child, Kaia Faith Calaway, was born on August 29, 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad