Monthly News Thread (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The Undertaker has removed all references of WWE from his social media and is open to taking bookings.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The Undertaker has removed all references of WWE from his social media and is open to taking bookings.

That's cool, Taker can ride off into the sunset for all I care.

His "one match per year" shtick and twenty-minute entrance is stale as hell.

Happy trails, Gramps. :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I’m so happy he’s not going to be wasting anyone’s time at Wrestlemania. The guy is a legend but he’s become a parade of himself. He can hardly move. f***ing Big Show moves better.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I’m so happy he’s not going to be wasting anyone’s time at Wrestlemania. The guy is a legend but he’s become a parade of himself. He can hardly move. ****ing Big Show moves better.

Well he can "parade" off into retirement, then. ;)

Hell, he's been semi-retired for years now. Streak is a distant memory and outside of that abortion of a tag match last year, he's done absolutely nothing else memorable in recent years.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Well he can "parade" off into retirement, then. ;)

Hell, he's been semi-retired for years now. Streak is a distant memory and outside of that abortion of a tag match last year, he's done absolutely nothing else memorable in recent years.

I disagree. He's definitely done memorable stuff.

Just..memorable for all the wrong reasons.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just put him in the hall of fame and let him do his entrance at Wrestlemania

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Dave confirmed that before leaving for leukemia, the plan for Wrestlemania 35 was Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He’s said that multiple times. Shocking how hard the fall for Ambrose has been though.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
On a personal/real life level, his best friend gets leukemia, and then on a professional level, he:

No longer has his best friend to travel with.
No longer has The Shield.
His heel turn is rushed, his character and heel turn is botched horribly.
He loses his WM main event.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
translated this from Hugo Savinovich's page (former wwe spanish commentary guy/ wrestling promoter)
not sure why he would know more but:

FOX CEO, Charlie Collier, revealed that the fox agreement with WWE has several clauses, but did not go into details when asked about the rumor of the cancellation threat (If ratings dont improve). He mentioned that the agreement to have it on Fridays is SHORT term and if things dont work out SDLive could be moved during the DAY ( maybe he means "another" night/date)
He also officially revealed that there will be more wwe programming on fox sport 1. is expected to be nxt, because when asked, he evaded the question and said it is WWE who has to announce what program goes to that channel.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Uso’s Contracts expire in April according to PWI.

WWE has made a strong play to keep AJ Styles, however due to Styles relationship with the Bucks and others in AEW, there might be mutual interest in Styles going to AEW.

Ziggler and WWE are continuing their “relationship“

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
There’s almost definitely a clause that can send Smackdown to FS1 if ratings don’t stay at a certain level. They ain’t getting 3-million on Friday nights, I don’t think, though. They’ll have to temper expectations there.

And at this point it’s beneficial for Ziggler to be associated with WWE.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
talent is stepping up against LU contracts:

(Pro Wrestling Sheet/Ryan Satin) has obtained documents showing a Lucha Underground star recently filed a dispute against El Rey Network over his contract.
Lawyers for King Cuerno (El Hijo del Fantasma, real name Jorge Luis Alcantar Bolly) filed the documents in Los Angeles against El Rey Network and Lucha Underground’s production Baba-G Productions asking for arbitration “in accordance with the American Arbitration Association’s National Rules for the Resolutions of Employment Disputes.”

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I’m so happy he’s not going to be wasting anyone’s time at Wrestlemania. The guy is a legend but he’s become a parade of himself. He can hardly move. ****ing Big Show moves better.
Is he broke or something? I find it very odd that he'd do that and all these other weird things unless he needed money. Early interviews would tend to lean that he would have just gone away.

The only thing i can think of is that he is broke.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Is he broke or something? I find it very odd that he'd do that and all these other weird things unless he needed money. Early interviews would tend to lean that he would have just gone away.

He probably did his first convention and realized how much easy money it is.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Okay seriously though why is FOX paying so much money to put Smackdown on Friday nights? People go out, or just generally don’t want to watch wrestling live on Friday nights for the most part. They’ll almost surely stack Smackdown at the start of the move and have legends featured, but after that wears off, then what? They can put Reigns, Cena, Rollins, Styles, Lesnar all on Smackdown as full-time stars and I have a hard time believing they’ll consistently meet (if they meet it at all) FOX’s expectations viewership wise.

FRIDAYS???

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

Honestly it feels like somebody who was broken up with and is now going out on the town to spite the ex.

There's no reason why 839 year old Undertaker needs or probably even wants to work small events.

Reactions: ColePens

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don’t believe it’s small Indy shows. It seems to be exclusively conventions, the only difference is he’s doing it as The Undertaker gimmick instead of his real name and not keeping Undertaker exclusively to WWE.

I’m sure even he knows no one can afford to pay for his broken ass body to go to their small show.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Okay seriously though why is FOX paying so much money to put Smackdown on Friday nights? People go out, or just generally don’t want to watch wrestling live on Friday nights for the most part. They’ll almost surely stack Smackdown at the start of the move and have legends featured, but after that wears off, then what? They can put Reigns, Cena, Rollins, Styles, Lesnar all on Smackdown as full-time stars and I have a hard time believing they’ll consistently meet (if they meet it at all) FOX’s expectations viewership wise.

FRIDAYS???

Fun fact: in the the mid 80's, people would watch Miami Vice on tv Fridays before heading out to the bars.

Reactions: quoipourquoi

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

FRIDAYS???
The average viewer is over 50. They ain't going out on Fridays anymore.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

FRIDAYS???

They must not be confident in the ratings. Especially compared to their other programming. Especially when the other programming is way cheaper to produce.

It wouldn’t surprise me if people at Fox already regret the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad