Monthly News Thread (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
Just realized that with Undertaker not likely to work the event and Triple H not likely to get cleared in time, we’re looking at a Wrestlemania with all full-timers minus Brock for the first time since — what, Wrestlemania 26?
so is undertaker like no longer under contract?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Rollins confirmed:

- CM Punk’s claim that The Shield was his brainchild, along with Mercury’s, and the original pitch was Rollins/Ambrose/Ohno.

- The Shield was supposed to split after Punk beat them in that handicap match with Ambrose turning heel but all three convinced Vince otherwise. The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family at EC was never supposed to happen, and it happened because they figured they had to have The Shield do something if they weren’t splitting up.

- The Shield vs. The NAO and Kane at that WM wasn’t supposed to be so short, but the opening segment went waaaaaaay too long.

- He was the one who pitched that he should cash in MITB in the main event of Wrestlemania.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Rollins confirmed:

- CM Punk’s claim that The Shield was his brainchild, along with Mercury’s, and the original pitch was Rollins/Ambrose/Ohno.

- The Shield was supposed to split after Punk beat them in that handicap match with Ambrose turning heel but all three convinced Vince otherwise. The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family at EC was never supposed to happen, and it happened because they figured they had to have The Shield do something if they weren’t splitting up.

- The Shield vs. The NAO and Kane at that WM wasn’t supposed to be so short, but the opening segment went waaaaaaay too long.

- He was the one who pitched that he should cash in MITB in the main event of Wrestlemania.

What podcast or whatever was this on?

I'm glad we got that Shield vs. Wyatt Family match. That was awesome. A time when Bray Wyatt seemed like he was going to be a star. Can't believe how badly they've misused him since then.

I remember when they were teasing a Shield split that it seemed like Ambrose was going to be the heel. That's why Rollins turning is one of my favourite heel turns. A surprise for me at least.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
What podcast or whatever was this on?

I'm glad we got that Shield vs. Wyatt Family match. That was awesome. A time when Bray Wyatt seemed like he was going to be a star. Can't believe how badly they've misused him since then.

I remember when they were teasing a Shield split that it seemed like Ambrose was going to be the heel. That's why Rollins turning is one of my favourite heel turns. A surprise for me at least.
E&C pod

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rollins confirmed:

That in itself at least tell you that the whole Punk-Cabana podcast wasn't Punk being full of shit

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Booker T said the story Cody Rhodes told on Jericho’s podcast about Punk/Booker (Punk claiming he was the locker room leader) is false.

Booker said the true story is that there was thievery happening in the locker room so he, Punk and Show got all the boys together to air it out and not get the office involved. Booker said they were brothers and he should be able to leave his wallet in the middle of the locker room, go to catering and come back with someone telling him he forgot his wallet and handing it back to him. Punk approached it differently and said he’d essentially kick anyone’s ass who does it and Booker thought “he’s real real mean.” :laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Booker T said the story Cody Rhodes told on Jericho’s podcast about Punk/Booker (Punk claiming he was the locker room leader) is false.

Booker said the true story is that there was thievery happening in the locker room so he, Punk and Show got all the boys together to air it out and not get the office involved. Booker said they were brothers and he should be able to leave his wallet in the middle of the locker room, go to catering and come back with someone telling him he forgot his wallet and handing it back to him. Punk approached it differently and said he’d essentially kick anyone’s ass who does it and Booker thought “he’s real real mean.” :laugh:

I bet Cody stole the wallet!

Maybe he started AEW so he can steal everyone's wallets!

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
thats the reason Disclose signed with HFWF.
Rave Meltzer wants to invent all that crap about failing the physicals. no... its people STEALING RENT MONEY.

Reactions: Mitchy and Fro

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

I like Punk, but it'd be hilarious in that moment if Brock walked in and just said, "Ya, it was me."

Acting like you're f***ing Haku and everybody's intimidated by you only really works if you're Haku.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I like Punk, but it'd be hilarious in that moment if Brock walked in and just said, "Ya, it was me."

Acting like you're ****ing Haku and everybody's intimidated by you only really works if you're Haku.

I think Punk has sufficiently proven that it doesn't even have to be Brock in that scenario. Anybody can step to Punk and all he'll do is..

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
poster of Omega's documentary (out next month)
omega.jpg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

WWE claiming the ad with the intergender match is outdated, which is common. I'm getting ads for a show here in Philly in March featuring Intercontinenal Champion Seth Rollins.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site

WWE claiming the ad with the intergender match is outdated, which is common. I'm getting ads for a show here in Philly in March featuring Intercontinenal Champion Seth Rollins.

Them saying it’s outdated fully leads me to believe that they were gonna bury Ambrose before it came out he was leaving and now they are backtracking cause of how they would look

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
You'd think the WWE would be doing all they can to convince Ambrose to stay, him feuding with Nia Jax would be a bad way to end what should have been a great WWE career.

Reactions: CPTN71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad