Monthly News Thread (3/1 - 3/31) -- Rollins may have pneumonia heading into WM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jim Ross will be in Orlando next week fulfilling his full schedule.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
best thing he can do.
be with friends and work a little bit to not think too much about this sad situation.
respect to J.R.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Good. **** Anthem.
It means nothing.

You can file to trademark anything and it'll be accepted so long as there isn't anything already registered. Another party can still contest it say they created it first (or it was created for them, created under contract to them, whatever). Then you go to court and do battle.

The winner isn't determined on who filed paperwork, but on who actually created it (and has the evidence).

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Goldberg kicks out of at least 1 F5 imo, which very well could be the very start of the match.

Goldberg goes for the spear but gets caught in an F5. Goldberg kicks out.

Brock starts feeling saucy and hits a few suplexes, another F5 and a kick out.

Goldberg hits the spear. Goes for the jackhammer, but is distracted by Heyman on the apron. Brock reverses into a third F5 and gets the 3 count.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Also, a former writer thinks there's a good chance Vince will turn Roman heel eventually because when he was working there, Vince actually signed off on a John Cena heel turn in 2012 and John Cena was all for it (got new gear, recorded new theme music). Vince believed Sheamus could be the next "guy" that would allow Cena to turn heel because of Sheamus' "aura", but then WWE reached an exclusive merchandising deal involving Cena with a retailer and they scrapped those plans.

I'm pretty sure that heel theme song he recorded was that "Beats Rhymes" song that floated around online around that time. I'll link it, but won't embed it because it has NSFW language: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ynSUsAACU&t=70s

SMH. How I wish they had. After the horrible... HORRIBLE God and Michaels vs "The fruit of my loins" feud, the even worse illegitimate child angle, the botched death of Vince McMahon, and a laptop running Raw Good Guy Cena on top of all that hangover had finally worn out his welcome with me by 2010.

God how I would've loved that heel hurn.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The Undertaker was in a great deal of pain backstage and has been in a lot of pain for a long time. He's in a lot of pain that's making him unhappy and sparking discussions that this will truly be his last match as it would allow him to get surgery that would end his career.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
The Undertaker was in a great deal of pain backstage and has been in a lot of pain for a long time. He's in a lot of pain that's making him unhappy and sparking discussions that this will truly be his last match as it would allow him to get surgery that would end his career.

Well that definitely sucks.. I was planning on going to Mania NEXT year in effort to hopefully catch his last match.

Last edited:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Sami Zayn praised Kevin Owens after the main event in Montreal tonight and Kevin Owens teared up - https://streamable.com/6r8nh

That was ****ing great.

Zayn stayed in character and played the "better man" angle perfectly. I hate you, but I respect your greatness thing. KO was tearing up but in perfect KO fashion, he ended it perfectfly: "Sami, osti que je t'hais"*

The whole match was super entertaining. Wrestling is actually super simple. Bad guy doing his job vs a lovable good guy and it works. They did nothing complicated but they had the crowd reacting exactly how they wanted. People singing "We want table", Owens grabs the mic and says in French "If you chanted in French, I would have given you a table", the crowd chants in French, KO answers in English "I don't speak French." Golden. Sami pulling the hockey stick from under the ring was also perfect. 4-star match easily.

I love house shows so much. Super enjoyable. The wrestlers are just having a good time and it works.

*: Sami, I ****ing hate you.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I just can't get behind people trying to trick themselves into thinking Roman/Taker is going to be any good, and that Roman can somehow carry this current Taker to a great match.

IT isn't even a dig on Roman at this point. Taker is clearly old and hurting. He had hip surgery not too long ago, he was not moving well in the Rumble, he was not moving well last week, he doesn't look in shape.

I just hope/pray we don't get a Sting 2.0 situation. I don't want to see Taker go out like this.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Exactly why I'm PRAYING this isn't his last match.. go out on a loss to Roman? Screw that... dude deserves so much more.

He doesn't have two matches left. I don't think he has one left.

I rather this match just not happen. I don't need his career ending with him in a heap with the ref throwing the X up.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
He doesn't have two matches left. I don't think he has one left.

I rather this match just not happen. I don't need his career ending with him in a heap with the ref throwing the X up.

Honestly, he should have stopped after the streak ended. He's done enough for this company, he's old and needs some rest/surgery it sucks to seem him barely able to put a match together. Roman/Taker isn't going to be a good match, yet its gonna get 15 + minutes

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Cena should have retired him this year, gone away to film a movie and then comeback as Hollywood Cena a la Hollywood Rock.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
We hear every year that he's retiring. Everyone was convinced he did retire bc he didn't want the match vs. Shane, until he showed up at the 900th episode of Smackdown. It may be the year. It may not.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Taker should've retired all the back at 20-0 at Mania after facing HHH; considering the way the match had ended and it was billed as "The end of an era." I get why Vince kept him around after. Hell I even understand why ending the streak was good for business. But after Mania 28 I mentally checked out on the Undertaker and in a spiritual sort of way have considered him retired since then.

It's not to disrespect the GOAT in WWE history but these other subsequent appearances have felt like the wrestling equivalent of how "The Simpsons" just keeps going and going despite the fact that show hasn't been good in well over 15 years. To Undertaker's credit he has put on fantastic matches ever since but I draw the comparison because those extra matches don't do any extra for his legacy no differently than the next terrible episode of "The Simpsons" does anything for it.

I think we're starting to reach the point in which continuing any further with Undertaker's career is only going to hurt his legacy

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Meltzer says Jim Ross' wife was a block from home and the 17-year-old driver who hit her was texting.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Meltzer says Jim Ross' wife was a block from home and the 17-year-old driver who hit her was texting.

oh im in control of a moving 2 ton box of metal? better take mey eyes away from the direction its traveling

people like this need to be permabanned 0 tolerance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad