Monthly News Thread (3/1 - 3/31) -- Rollins may have pneumonia heading into WM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
They need the condition that Miz is the best man and Maryse has to be the maid of honor if Cena and Nikki win.

The ceremony has to be on Raw and we need Eric Bishoff as a preture in disguise.

then he rips off his mask and declares that this wedding has gone on for about three minutes too long, and then the USO's come out as the new three minute warning and kill everyone

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I wonder whereabouts on the card the mixed tag match will be?

Also what match do you guys think opens Mania? For a long time now the opening match spot is usually a good spot to have on PPV card. I'm gonna guess either IC title or CW title (if it makes the main show)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No match will open Mania. It'll be the New Day.

If not, it'll either be the Raw tag, or the Raw women.

Going back to TLC 2015, only 5 PPV's haven't opened with the women or a tag match. Twice it was Roman Reigns, twice it was Dean Ambrose, and last WM it was the ladder match. Trend is less frequent before that when the women were less over, but still exists.

Last edited:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
No match will open Mania. It'll be the New Day.

If not, it'll either be the Raw tag, or the Raw women.

Going back to TLC 2015, only 5 PPV's haven't opened with the women or a tag match. Twice it was Roman Reigns, twice it was Dean Ambrose, and last WM it was the ladder match. Trend is less frequent before that when the women were less over, but still exists.

I think New Day comes out after one of the no DQ or street fight. After either Shane/AJ or Dean/Corbin. Settle the crowd down a bit after a spot fest.

they have yet to add any stipulations to those matches tho, heres hoping they do

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If they have to put the stupid purple ropes for Wrestlemania, you're honestly better off just having the Cruiserweights open, then change the ropes back and have The New Day cut their promo on the stage (before making their way to the ring) while the ring crew works on that.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
He's depressed AND bipolar, it's no joke.

But hey in the meantime, lets have josh "I suck at life" matthews and tazz make fun of him for showing up for a smackdown.

:facepalm:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I didn't get to read the Observer yet, but apparently there was something in there with Mike Bennett coming to WWE/NXT soon based on the silence. Would be awesome, imo. Don't get why WWE didn't get him last year, but they might want Maria Kanellis on the main roster right away.

That would be a mistake, I think. Bennett could make it without going to NXT, but either way they shouldn't split bc they are an awesome act together.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Goldberg was on the edge and christian podcast.
Promises a blood fest and no constratraints for wrestlemania match.

Goldberg started off by saying the WWE locker room is no longer filled with big characters, and that the attitude has changed. Edge asked if that has the talents “handcuffed”, and Goldberg says it might mean management does not have faith in the talents to let them do whatever they want to do.

On facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 33, Goldberg said they are going to have a “knock down, drag out blood fest”, because they are going to be working without constraints. Goldberg added WWE has limited them in their past couple encounters so as to build fan interest in the WrestleMania match, and to play off the nostalgia of Goldberg’s WCW character.
www.wrestlezone.com/news/819113-gol...oom-his-taxing-wwe-return#sV5bZftmV0500jJ4.99

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Michaels called a 17 min match. Meltzer 10. What are the guesses around here?
Too hard to call.

It's not a normal match, and they shouldn't have a normal match.

Even if it was a normal match, you can easily spend 2-4mins stalling at the star. But you can rush right into it just as easily and have basically the same match from there.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Too hard to call.

It's not a normal match, and they shouldn't have a normal match.

Even if it was a normal match, you can easily spend 2-4mins stalling at the star. But you can rush right into it just as easily and have basically the same match from there.

They did that at their last wrestlemania. Didn't turn out to well. Espcially the stalling at the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad