Post-Game Talk: Montembeault shines. Guhle scores first in 3-2 win!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Pitlick is gonna get scratched again when Armia is ready to go.

Yeah, that's a brilliant move. Because Dadonov and Hoffman, to name only 2, are bringing so much more than Pitlick... sigh

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Might have got a boost knowing price likely won't be playing. Secure a spot brings a calming mental state.
The kid has the size and the skill to be a good goalie in the league his problem is that he somehow manages to lose focus and let in stinkers at the wrong moment.

Maybe he can put it all together, he's still young for a goalie.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Was Pitlick really better than Hoffman and Dadonov tonight?

I feel like the Dadonov, Drouin, Hoffman thing is just not really objective at this point.

Yeah, that's how I feel about the Pitlick thing.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Yeah, that's how I feel about the Pitlick thing.
MSL is an ex-player and he went through a lot of ups and downs throughout his career.

I'm pretty sure he sees all these vets as reclamation projects, he will try and make them work/revive them before giving up on them.

Pittlick is younger and signed for the next year also, he's the easy guy to take out.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Big game for Montembeault finally.

Guhle with his first NHL goal!!!!

Gally finally netting pucks once again!

Big win
Gally with 2! This board been telling me for weeks Gallagher was garbage. Guess shows how much these posters know. Lol.

Never watched game, did Harris play right side?

• Haha
Reactions: the

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I love Wideman but if Edmundson is ready to play and they really go with who merits to stay in the lineup he's getting scratched.

Harris will play on the right side.

Reactions: Sagikev and Paddy17

GammaAway

Jun 24, 2020
The 5 FWD PP actually looked dangerous, they just didn't manage to score.
I only watched the highlights, but apparently there was one where Buffalo had more shots on goal than Montreal. Hoffman was the pointman it seems, with the expected results when the Sabres got the puck.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I only watched the highlights, but apparently there was one where Buffalo had more shots on goal than Montreal. Hoffman was the pointman it seems, with the expected results when the Sabres got the puck.
Well, when you get 5 forwards out there you clearly get exposed defensively but I thought they moved the puck well and generated some good looks anyway.

Reactions: Paddy17

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Some understand it better.

Look, this is a year with quite a few top end centre prospects, and in Habs fashion they will draft none of them. Enjoy the ride and hope Dach ends up being more than what he's shown.

Edit: Realized this sounded a bit more bitter than I intended. I think the pick this year will be a core player, but not the bonafide guy we are trying to manifest.
I agree and there really isn't too much we can do about it. Getting a 1st round unprotected in 2023 isn't going to happen. We need to finish in a spot where we can move into a top 3 pick. We need to win the lottery.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Why not Guhle on the first and Xhekaj on the second.
Why not both of them and allow one of them to roll down as a forward drops back. They certainly handle the puck better than most. I guarantee we would have much better puck retrieval with control. The opposition won't be as quick to jump im our faces. I can't take much more of the ridiculously slow break outd from the back. The guy you want getting the puck is Suzuki (In full stride) not behind our f***ing net.

Reactions: Runner77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Guhle and Harris look like they've been in the league for 3 years already. They have 26 career games between them. So far, they don't look like rookies.

Xhekaj is great, too. He's not just a physical presence, the kid can play.
People need to realize how much better he is when not paired with #6.

You and me both! Xhekaj has improved leaps and bounds since game one. An amazing story!

Kovasevic might be a bit older but has now 12 whole games of NHL experience. I see more upside in his game too. Man I hope he isn't waived at some point.
Mistakes yes we can handle them Stupidity NO. I think we are good on this one.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He has arrived. Great, great player. He is actually fun to watch.
His trajectory is very reminiscent of Hedman's. He's definitely breaking big. Will he reach those heights I don't know. Not physically though.
Primeau who? At this point I am not sure Primeau will surpass Monty.
I don't see it. It's fairly simple to read the player's body language when he makes those impossible saves. This despite the odd stinker which Primeau gives up more frequently.

Reactions: Tyson

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Kaiden Guhle is the G-Man.
1666947764853.png

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
If you're worried the Habs are too good to tank you should look up our two goalies' save percentages and think about if that is something we can expect to continue
It’s pretty ironic how goaltending and our rookie D squad is 99% why we are playing.500 hockey at this point, and that they were THE main concern starting the season.
Imagine if all of Hoffman, Drouin, Dadonov, Wideman, Dvorak and Pitlick were playing just ‘average’ instead of trash, and if our p.p was quarterbacked by Matheson. We could easily be right behind Boston in the Atlantic right now ( we’re actually just 1 point behind Florida at the present)
Fans are gonna be pissed, but I don’t see the Habs finishing bottom 3 this year. Probably gonna finish in the no man’s land somewhere between 18th to 25th overall.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
The 5 FWD PP actually looked dangerous, they just didn't manage to score.

They also lost a few pucks. I don‘t think Hoffman is an effective QB, wonder if Suzuki could not play that role

Could Monty be a #1 goalie? Be good season to let him see a lot of rubber
Niemi was overall not very good with MTL yet he had a game with 52 saves…

Let us not overhype Monty, we all hope he overperforms but it remains unlikely.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
It’s pretty ironic how goaltending and our rookie D squad is 99% why we are playing.500 hockey at this point, and that they were THE main concern starting the season.
Imagine if all of Hoffman, Drouin, Dadonov, Wideman, Dvorak and Pitlick were playing just ‘average’ instead of trash, and if our p.p was quarterbacked by Matheson. We could easily be right behind Boston in the Atlantic right now ( we’re actually just 1 point behind Florida at the present)
Fans are gonna be pissed, but I don’t see the Habs finishing bottom 3 this year. Probably gonna finish in the no man’s land somewhere between 18th to 25th overall.
8 games are far too small of a sample to draw any sort of conclusion. MTL could be right behind BOS but they could be right with ARI (very close games with TOR PIT and BUF).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad