Post-Game Talk: Montembeault shines. Guhle scores first in 3-2 win!

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
1666924672536.png

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Guhle and Harris look like they've been in the league for 3 years already. They have 26 career games between them. So far, they don't look like rookies.

Xhekaj is great, too. He's not just a physical presence, the kid can play.
The good thing is that MSL is clearly pushing them offensively. This is really important for their development.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This guy needs to be in the line-up. He will provide a spark.

MSL in his presser mentioned how he liked that Habs were shooting more, but they need to go into the dirty areas more. A lot of their attack is a little too much on the perimeter.

As soon as he said that, I said to myself that Pez is the exact person you need to get in that dirty area.
Especially on the road. We saw some Sabres players take liberties tonight and there was no pushback.

Not suggesting Pez would be the difference-maker but it adds an extra physical element that plays up in an opposition building.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I can't believe I once asked whether Guhle was better than Schneider. Its honestly not even close. Guhles better at both ends. Nothing against Schneider who's got good upside, but you just don't usually get a player like Guhle with a mid first round pick.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I can't believe I once asked whether Guhle was better than Schneider. Its honestly not even close. Guhles better at both ends. Nothing against Schneider who's got good upside, but you just don't usually get a player like Guhle with a mid first round pick.
I liked the pick a lot and said it then. I think he was the third D man picked in that draft. All the good forwards already gone. Smart pick.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
They'll be picking high. How high, we'll see. But, I feel like we're seeing the best the club can offer and it's not really good. It's also .500 hockey. I don't think the team will be as bad as the Ducharme Habs, but they won't be good at all.
As long as the kids continue developing properly I am good with where we finish.
I still think we win at least 32 games.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Great games from a couple of guys tonight: Monty, Savard, and Andy to name a few. I wish Andy had scored that last goal, he was all over the ice and could have had a couple.

Good to see Gally scoring again.

Our young D are holding their own somehow. It's actually quite remarkable.

Edit: Apparently they did end up giving the last goal to Andy, which is great.

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Great games from a couple of guys tonight: Monty, Savard, and Andy to name a few. I wish Andy had scored that last goal, he was all over the ice and could have had a couple.

Good to see Gally scoring again.

Our young D are holding their own somehow. It's actually quite remarkable.
He did score it actually

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Each team had a total of 6 hits. 12 in the entire game. Our defense had a total of 1. I found that a little surprising. Very little physical contact out there.

Gallagher finally had some puck luck. I know a lot of people have turned on him, but he continues to work hard and nice to see him finally get some results.

Guhle had a beautiful first NHL goal, and what a pass and set up from Savard (who has been great this year for the record). Savard has played like the dominant force he was against the Habs for the Bolts when they won the cup. Guhle has been fantastic as well, and everything I hoped he would become when we drafted him. Though Xhekaj was rock solid back there while Wideman was not... Again.

Hoffman continues to suck. Drouin his usual self. Thought Dadonov was a little better tonight and the effort was there. Pitlick was pretty solid on the PK. Nice to see big Josh score the game winner as well. Another guy who people like to shit on around here.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf/Evans
Monahan - Dach - Evans/Slaf
Anderson - Dvo - Gally
Pez - Pitlick (or go out and get a 4c) - Armia

Laval: Hoffman, Dadonov
Hey you forgot Drouin :sarcasm:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Each team had a total of 6 hits. 12 in the entire game. Our defense had a total of 1. I found that a little surprising. Very little physical contact out there.

Gallagher finally had some puck luck. I know a lot of people have turned on him, but he continues to work hard and nice to see him finally get some results.

Guhle had a beautiful first NHL goal, and what a pass and set up from Savard (who has been great this year for the record). Savard has played like the dominant force he was against the Habs for the Bolts when they won the cup. Guhle has been fantastic as well, and everything I hoped he would become when we drafted him. Though Xhekaj was rock solid back there while Wideman was not... Again.

Hoffman continues to suck. Drouin his usual self. Thought Dadonov was a little better tonight and the effort was there. Pitlick was pretty solid on the PK. Nice to see big Josh score the game winner as well. Another guy who people like to shit on around here.
Guhle, snuck down the half wall and very efficient and hard, accurate one timer with almost no wind up. Very impressive.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
A shout out to David Savard who has played great, helped the young D and has even amassed 4 assists.
He has been terrific
It's so funny what's happening with this pairing lol
Savard is Savard, obviously in better shape than last year, but still relatively the same guy..

But now he has this phenom WIZ kid rookie attached to his side and make no mistake, he is helping Savard just as much as Savard is helping the kid, probably more so even lol

Just HOW good Guhle is, is literally rubbing off on Savard lol, the kid helps with so much it must just be so much fun having this new partner around to help out lol
It's a complete pleasant surprise that pairing right now

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Once you get 1 wrong, you have a 50% chances of getting all three wrong.

It's not just that the info is misplaced among the players, it's that the information in #2 & #3 are also wrong.

Montembeault did not have 39 saves on 40 shots. Sabres got 45 shots tonight, so Montembeault had 43 saves.

Absolutely no one played 25 minutes tonight with 7 blocks.

Guhle played 22:40 & had 3 blocks. His D partner, Savard, played 9 seconds more & had 4 blocks, so together they had 7.

Only information in #1 was correct, which was for Guhle.

No idea where they got the information for the other two segments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad