Post-Game Talk: Montembeault shines. Guhle scores first in 3-2 win!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Maybe someone already answered you. But I looked this morning. He took a whopping 3 face-offs (won 2 and lost 1). Monahan took 10 face-offs (won 7 and lost 3) for 70%.
No one did and I got too sidetracked to check but now you know why I asked. Your stats list had a high percentage FO figure attached to Dach as evidence of his night’s work but let’s face it, a winning percentage relying on 3 faceoffs is meaningless.

MSL likely had Dach take those faceoffs where he had the best opportunity to succeed (even if it was an away game) and if so, that would be more interesting as it would indicate a process of slowly allowing him to gain his confidence. Also would reinforce how important it is for Dach to have a savvy vet like Moneyhands to help his learning curve.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Last year our goalies combined for a save % of .893, largely due to how terrible our defence was.

Both Allen/Montembeault have both benefited from the stronger play and more structure of our D. Monty won't keep up his play from these 3 games, however I do believe he's better than he showed last year and not many goalies would've played well behind that disaster of a D.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
This guy needs to be in the line-up. He will provide a spark.

MSL in his presser mentioned how he liked that Habs were shooting more, but they need to go into the dirty areas more. A lot of their attack is a little too much on the perimeter.

As soon as he said that, I said to myself that Pez is the exact person you need to get in that dirty area.
I would rather our best players did.

Jul 6, 2016
Montambeault has still the potential to be a solid backup goalie. he is just 25 or 26.

I would rather have a Pezzetta in the line-up to provide that spark. He's a guy who goes all in every shift.
Since MSL is the coach, Pezz has been nowhere to be seen.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I would rather have a Pezzetta in the line-up to provide that spark. He's a guy who goes all in every shift.
What do you make of it? Seems like too long a stretch without giving him at least one game. The kid is usually a hard worker and I’d bet he gives his all in practices.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What do you make of it? Seems like too long a stretch without giving him at least one game. The kid is usually a hard worker and I’d bet he gives his all in practices.

Part of me feels like MSL is doing HuGo a favor and giving the Hoffmans, Drouins & Dadonovs more playing time hoping they can get an interesting deal out of them. Although the other part of me knows that these guys have been in the league long enough that other teams know what they bring.

So I don't know what to make of Pez not being used yet. But it's clear that Habs know he will be claimed on waivers so they're keeping him with the big team. And this is one of the guys I disagree with MSL on not using. I disagreed when he kept Pitlick out of the line-up. And I disagree with him not using Pez.

Hoffman, Drouin & Dadonov are 3 of the 6 least used players. So if any of them could be a healthy scratch could serve two purposes. One being you give Pez a chance to play. The other is passing the message to the player and other vets that if you don't do your part, you will be out of the line-up. And when that vet gets back into the line-up, they could have a fire lit under their ass and they finally contribute.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Part of me feels like MSL is doing HuGo a favor and giving the Hoffmans, Drouins & Dadonovs more playing time hoping they can get an interesting deal out of them. Although the other part of me knows that these guys have been in the league long enough that other teams know what they bring.

So I don't know what to make of Pez not being used yet. But it's clear that Habs know he will be claimed on waivers so they're keeping him with the big team. And this is one of the guys I disagree with MSL on not using. I disagreed when he kept Pitlick out of the line-up. And I disagree with him not using Pez.

Hoffman, Drouin & Dadonov are 3 of the 6 least used players. So if any of them could be a healthy scratch could serve two purposes. One being you give Pez a chance to play. The other is passing the message to the player and other vets that if you don't do your part, you will be out of the line-up. And when that vet gets back into the line-up, they could have a fire lit under their ass and they finally contribute.
Absolutely agree................
Why not sit a vet? Hoffman, Drouin, and Dad are doing nothing............I mean nothing. Put Pezz in, and also let Armia back at it, and maybe he can help us out with getting his trade value up?
The others have done nothing, to help us at all.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON

can we put Hoff, Dad, DruDru on waivers? and if so, other than salary (which is a sunk cost at this point) I can't see why we wouldn't? expensive yes, but the greatest statement in their rebuild is to show that vets who float dont stay.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think Sam can be the starter for us this year. Allen is injury prone.

Allen really didn't start getting hurt until last year.

I think we will see Allen play at most 50ish games with Monty getting in the 30s barring injuries.

Both have played well so far and are the biggest reason for the 4-4 record.

Reactions: 1909

Jul 6, 2016
Pez played in 21 of the 37 MSL-coached games last year.
Why not all ? MSL is not a fan of Pezz' play and type of players.

can we put Hoff, Dad, DruDru on waivers? and if so, other than salary (which is a sunk cost at this point) I can't see why we wouldn't? expensive yes, but the greatest statement in their rebuild is to show that vets who float dont stay.
Nobody will take them and Habs will still have to spend lots of $$$ on them + have guys to replace them in the lineup. They don't have anything good in Laval.

Jul 6, 2016
I think Sam can be the starter for us this year. Allen is injury prone.
Is he injured now ? Is he gonna be injured soon ? You cannot predict that. The thing with Allen is that he can't play 10 games in a row like MSL asked him to do last season towards the end (for no good reasons). Allen can play 2 or 3 in a row. No more.

Jul 6, 2016
I agree with you, It's a NO for me; I am sure that they are going to do better :sarcasm:
The kids (on D) are gaining experience and confidence each single game they play. They just gonna get better. The goalies are doing just fine. Now, MSL and Hughes have to find scorers.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
He is just on of those guys people constantly complain about. Shit Gally scores and people whine, lol.
That's the part that makes me laugh. Whine when he plays bad, not when he scores or plays well. Reminds me of my kid. She wanted 5 bucks, so I gave her 5 loonies. She whined because it wasn't a 5 dollar bill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad