Post-Game Talk: Montembeault shines. Guhle scores first in 3-2 win!

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Was Pitlick really better than Hoffman and Dadonov tonight?

I feel like the Dadonov, Drouin, Hoffman thing is just not really objective at this point.
Has it ever been objective here? For any player?
Player assessment here has always been tainted by whether people like him or not, their expectations and hopes, and their definitive labeling.

I don't like that player: hate on every game, remember only the bad plays.

I like a player: over-exaggeration of any good play, excuses and blame for bad plays.

It's all about attentional bias and selective memory, for everyone, to varying degrees. It's always been that way and will always be that way.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
Reactions: Belial

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
djzoo-rogan.gif

The future is now old man, and it has more than 30 teams in the NHL.

I don’t mind the 31st pick for obvious reasons…

There are also 12 better, in a great draft year for top ten apparently.
Is that the point given his post?

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Player assessment here has always been tainted by whether people like him or not, their expectations and hopes, and their definite labeling.

I don't like that player: hate on every game, remember only the bad plays

I like a player: over-exaggeration of any good play, excuses for bad play.

It's always been that way and will always be that way.

Yep, same folks will make the same comments every game night.

It doesn’t matter how the guy plays, it’s old and tired but to be expected, it makes them feel better, lol.

Last edited:

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
I can't believe I once asked whether Guhle was better than Schneider. Its honestly not even close. Guhles better at both ends. Nothing against Schneider who's got good upside, but you just don't usually get a player like Guhle with a mid first round pick.
We are so fortunate that the Leaf’s decided to pass on Guhle at 15th and take the Russian speedster who’s had a tough start to his career with health issues.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
You know they are just waiting and salivating.lol.
The worst part is, they complain after a double deflection through a screen.

Monty gives up some goals he should save, but if people don't grasp basic hockey and what's a bad goal and what's just a goal, turn it off and go watch something else less sophisticated for them.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
The worst part is, they complain after a double deflection through a screen.

Monty gives up some goals he should save, but if people don't grasp basic hockey and what's a bad goal and what's just a goal, turn it off and go watch something else less sophisticated for them.

He is just on of those guys people constantly complain about. Shit Gally scores and people whine, lol.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Was Pitlick really better than Hoffman and Dadonov tonight?

I feel like the Dadonov, Drouin, Hoffman thing is just not really objective at this point.

I too would like to see Pitlick & Pez play.

However, management sees two benefits to playing Dadonov, Drouin, Hoffman + Monahan 1) the better the stats the higher the picks at trade deadline 2) we probably loose more playing them (- Monahan) & pick higher draft day.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
TSN says Sabres are eye defense help. May I suggest Wideman, Chris? He is a solid vet and a first PP line quarterback. That's gotta be worth at least a first round pick.

So did we sort it out whether it was Anderson or Gallagher GWG?

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
TSN says Sabres are eye defense help. May I suggest Wideman, Chris? He is a solid vet and a first PP line quarterback. That's gotta be worth at least a first round pick.

It was finally awarded to Anderson.

Reactions: The Real Timo

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So Habs have 8 points after 8 games... (at least 8 games I can account for in my head). This is not nearly good enough for Bedard. These damn rookies clearly been ruining the rebuild. It is obvious that outside of Suzuki, Caufield and Monahan (who will likely be gone at TDL) Habs have nothing else for premium offensive talent. They need that 1OA pick and then 3rd OA when Panthers shit the bed this season.

BRING DUCHARME BACK!!!

The competition is very stiff

1666969235225.png

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009

Dont think they need a pp QB. I doubt he is good enough defensively for them to shoot for an upgrade, definitely not a first round pick.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
So Habs have 8 points after 8 games... (at least 8 games I can account for in my head). This is not nearly good enough for Bedard. These damn rookies clearly been ruining the rebuild. It is obvious that outside of Suzuki, Caufield and Monahan (who will likely be gone at TDL) Habs have nothing else for premium offensive talent. They need that 1OA pick and then 3rd OA when Panthers shit the bed this season.

BRING DUCHARME BACK!!!

It's not sustainable with the chances they bleed out, and the heavy reliance to score from the same few players each game.

Goalies have been saving their hide more than expected but its early.

Reactions: The Real Timo

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019

BRING DUCHARME BACK!!!

The competition is very stiff

View attachment 600053
The East is crazy. There is 3 points between the last and the third place.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Player assessment here has always been tainted by whether people like him or not, their expectations and hopes, and their definite labeling.

I don't like that player: hate on every game, remember only the bad plays

I like a player: over-exaggeration of any good play, excuses for bad play.

It's always been that way and will always be that way.
Get a grip guys. We were 32nd place team last year with a boatload of not so good players. We are probably 5 or 6 places better this year with the insertion of fresh blood. That boatload of not so good players is still with us. Despite what you say there are a lot of good posters who are subjective on both sides.
It's a matter of seperating the wheat from the chaff.

Lol not a word on David Savard and his 2 beautiful assists..........why am i not surprise:rolleyes:
Savard has been getting accolades from the wise on this board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad