WWE: Monday Night Raw 202: The Paul Heyman Era begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I’m cautiously optimistic. Surely they have to realize at this point that this is Bray’s last chance. He’s too young and talented to be Samoa Joe.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Wyatt gonna lose his second feud after Balor lol

Third feud. They only ever seen him as an upper-mid card gatekeeper.

He exists in his own bubble where he stays over enough to be relevant until they decide to feed him to someone they actually plan to push and then he gets hurt again.

The absolute best you can hope for is he takes the belt off Kofi and holds it for a bit, but no way in a million years do they put him against Brock.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Fiend vs. Beast is a license to print money.

They seem to have moved Roman back to Raw, though, so Roman/Brock part 5000 seems to be the plan. Wyatt is perfect to take the title off Kofi, though, and Balor is a SD star anyways.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Kofi and New Day would commit to selling the gimmick, which is a necessity or the whole thing falls apart.

Brock most likely would no sell, seeing it as silly, which kills both the feud and the gimmick. Imagine the mask falling off after the 6th suplex? Gimmick over.

Plus the match would flat out suck. Bray is a bland worker, and Brock prefers working with smaller guys.

Kofi is the best bet. The feud could work. Problem there is will they really let Bray be the main event on Smackdown as it switches to Fox?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Kofi and New Day would commit to selling the gimmick, which is a necessity or the whole thing falls apart.

Brock most likely would no sell, seeing it as silly, which kills both the feud and the gimmick. Imagine the mask falling off after the 6th suplex? Gimmick over.

Plus the match would flat out suck. Bray is a bland worker, and Brock prefers working with smaller guys.

Kofi is the best bet. The feud could work. Problem there is will they really let Bray be the main event on Smackdown as it switches to Fox?
You underestimate Brock. He made Joe look like a million bucks with his facial expressions. Brock would do the same thing for Bray because Bray is legit and talented as f***.

It wouldn’t be like Strowman calling Lesnar a chicken or Seth repeatedly calling Brock a coward despite constantly low blowing Brock lol

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I think Brock & Bray would work well. Lesnar sells fantastic and honestly, Brays in ring story telling is unreal.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
That Bray Wyatt return was awful, completely missed his finisher with weird camera angles. It's cool if he will wrestle in the mask though. Then just be a boisterous guy out of the ring.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i prefer if he doesnt wrestle with that mask.
but loved the return and whole segment.
we'll see.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
They clearly did not miss his finisher.

It was a bad camera angle for Sister Abigail for sure. 100% botched.

He's literally JUST starting to execute it here...

2135cab.jpg

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
You underestimate Brock. He made Joe look like a million bucks with his facial expressions. Brock would do the same thing for Bray because Bray is legit and talented as ****.

It wouldn’t be like Strowman calling Lesnar a chicken or Seth repeatedly calling Brock a coward despite constantly low blowing Brock lol

Is it weird that I don't even remember his match with Joe?

I do remember him doing a fantastic job selling for Finn Balor, though.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It was a bad camera angle for Sister Abigail for sure. 100% botched.

He's literally JUST starting to execute it here...

2135cab.jpg
Idk, I don’t feel like “missing” the finish affects the return in anyway. I was more fixated on the mask and the lighting than the camera getting the perfect shot since the focus was supposed to be on the mask and lighting hitting off it.

To say it was an awful return is stupid though.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Is it weird that I don't even remember his match with Joe?

I do remember him doing a fantastic job selling for Finn Balor, though.
His match with Joe was like 6 minutes but the definition of Brock “escaping” an opponent and not really beating them convincingly. I remember the next night on Raw where they had the Strowman/Brock/Joe/Roman segment and Brock was visibly shook when Joe’s music hit to sell the fear of Joe, too. Lesnar gets it. His little mannerisms add a lot to legitimizing his opponent.

He also worked his ass off for Balor, too. He made Finn look like a million bucks, sold his ass for Finn, and did a lot for him. Unfortunately it only led to that weird 2-on-1 program with Lashley and Lio. Brock’s little post-match glance back at Balor that he did after the match was a nice touch to put over the fight Balor brought.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Idk, I don’t feel like “missing” the finish affects the return in anyway. I was more fixated on the mask and the lighting than the camera getting the perfect shot since the focus was supposed to be on the mask and lighting hitting off it.

To say it was an awful return is stupid though.

No. It's still a fantastic return but Dunn f***ed up there.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah you'd think they would've gone with a static shot for Bray's big return finisher, but they waited too long on the close-up and botched it.

Yeah they really wanted to highlight the mask....which I get but....yeah. A few seconds too much.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I’m cautiously optimistic. Surely they have to realize at this point that this is Bray’s last chance. He’s too young and talented to be Samoa Joe.

Samoa Joe is worlds ahead of Bray Wyatt in every way imaginable.

Joe has had matches and promos over the past 15 years that Wyatt’s rambling nonsense can’t even touch.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Samoa Joe is worlds ahead of Bray Wyatt in every way imaginable.

Joe has had matches and promos over the past 15 years that Wyatt’s rambling nonsense can’t even touch.
Samoa Joe is 40-years-old and a geek. I don’t care what he can do in the ring. He’s a loser.

Wyatt is too young and talented to already be a geek jobber to the stars. It’s happened once; this is the last chance to make him legit.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Samoa Joe is 40-years-old and a geek. I don’t care what he can do in the ring. He’s a loser.

Wyatt is too young and talented to already be a geek jobber to the stars. It’s happened once; this is the last chance to make him legit.

Why is he a loser?

Has anybody lost more matches than Wyatt in the past 3-4 years?

They take him off TV, put a mask on him, and sell you the exact same old shit they always have. He’s cooked. Done. Inconsequential. In a month, he will be jobbing to Black or Ricochet or some stupid shit.

You’re right, Samoa Joe is 40.

Bray Wyatt is 32.

At 32, Joe had already main evented PPVs with 6 figure buyrates. He had already produced 5 star matches against Daniels, AJ, Angle, etc.

At 32, Wyatt is putting on clown masks so that he can hopefully lose on the pre-show of a network special down the road.

You can’t compare the two, sorry.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Why is he a loser?

Has anybody lost more matches than Wyatt in the past 3-4 years?

They take him off TV, put a mask on him, and sell you the exact same old **** they always have. He’s cooked. Done. Inconsequential. In a month, he will be jobbing to Black or Ricochet or some stupid ****.

You’re right, Samoa Joe is 40.

Bray Wyatt is 32.

At 32, Joe had already main evented PPVs with 6 figure buyrates. He had already produced 5 star matches against Daniels, AJ, Angle, etc.

At 32, Wyatt is putting on clown masks so that he can hopefully lose on the pre-show of a network special down the road.

You can’t compare the two, sorry.
Am I talking about Joe at 32? I’m talking about the NOW. The reality is, Joe has lost every World Title match he’s been in. He’s a geek. He’s a transitional contender until the big PPV comes up where they put the guy they WANT in there.

I don’t care what Joe did at 32 in TNA with Daniels or Styles. I’m not talking about 8 years ago. Joe was one of the best and he’s the realest on the mic, but Wyatt is top tier talker, character and agile and talented in the ring. There’s no reason for him to be 32 and doing what Joe is doing at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad