WWE: Monday Night Raw 152 - watching the ratings is more entertaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
THAT, IMHO is the reason why people don't care about HIaC anymore(that and a PPV based around it)

It use to genuinely put the fear of God in Superstars when Hell In a Cell was announced to be the match.

It used to end rivalries. like that was it. After that, they went their separate ways for a while.

....now the match is too mainstream.

Ehhh this is over doing it. So many of the early ones was more people being afraid of being locked in there with Taker or a crazy Cactus Jack.

The real problem is lots of guys don't know how to do a match in the cell that is both entertaining and safe. It is definitely possible, but not many have figured it out.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Really wanted The Club to be the tag champs so at Survivor Series when they have another AJ + Club backstage segment they all have gold and too sweet all the titles

Hawks4life

Apr 3, 2011
How do they deserve the cell? Roman vs. Rusev I can make a case for, but the Cell used to be done to end blood feuds. Now they're put in there because of the date on the calendar.

Ever since this stupid show became a gimmick PPV, these matches have happened inside the Cell:

Undertaker vs. CM Punk
John Cena vs. Randy Orton
DX vs. Legacy
Randy Orton vs. Sheamus
Undertaker vs. Kane
Randy Orton vs. Mark Henry
John Cena vs. CM Punk vs. Alberto Del Rio
CM Punk vs. Ryback
CM Punk vs. Ryback & Paul Heyman
Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan
Randy Orton vs. John Cena
Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt
The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar
Roman Reigns vs. Rusev
Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks
Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins (vs. Chris Jericho)

Of those, only Ambrose vs. Rollins, Taker vs. Lesnar and Reigns vs. Wyatt have absolutely deserved a Cell. Reigns vs. Rusev can make a case for it.

I guess because I am looking at it from a different scope. Can't compare past to present. The product is what it is now. The more you focus on the things we used to love in wrestling the less enjoyable it will become. I choose a different outlook.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
THAT, IMHO is the reason why people don't care about HIaC anymore(that and a PPV based around it)

It use to genuinely put the fear of God in Superstars when Hell In a Cell was announced to be the match.

It used to end rivalries. like that was it. After that, they went their separate ways for a while.

....now the match is too mainstream.

I was just watching the video where Undertaker tormented Randy before telling him "you're going with me... straight to HELL."

Randy looks like he's about to cry in the ring selling the "hell" part, and then Undertaker finally finishes with "HELL... IN THE CELL" and Randy Orton's eyes widen, he drops to his knees and mutters "no, no" selling it worse than actual hell itself.

You don't get that anymore. You had Sasha ASK to be in HIAC to make "history" and Charlotte willingly accept it. You've had nobodies thrown in there and the HIAC match mentioned in passing since this PPV was made.

This gimmick PPV needs to go away and the match needs to disappear for at least three years to rehab it and strike the fear of god into the superstars.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I am so confused with the booking of The Club.

*Came in as monsters. Joined up with Styles.

**Gained huge momentum. The Club was hugely over. Seemed likely something would happen with Finn Balor once he came up.

***Styles and The Club were shockingly split up in the draft]

****The Club challenged for the title, but were made to look weak, and became some sort of a comedy team, doing lazy comedy skits

*****After consistently losing to New Day, The Club starts attacking people, including Team 3D in their "retirement" ceremony, seemingly returning to their bad ass route.

It's mind boggling.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I was just watching the video where Undertaker tormented Randy before telling him "you're going with me... straight to HELL."

Randy looks like he's about to cry in the ring selling the "hell" part, and then Undertaker finally finishes with "HELL... IN THE CELL" and Randy Orton's eyes widen, he drops to his knees and mutters "no, no" selling it worse than actual hell itself.

You don't get that anymore. You had Sasha ASK to be in HIAC to make "history" and Charlotte willingly accept it. You've had nobodies thrown in there and the HIAC match mentioned in passing since this PPV was made.

This gimmick PPV needs to go away and the match needs to disappear for at least three years to rehab it and strike the fear of god into the superstars.

That moment was GOAT. I remember that moment and Randy genuinely look terrified. altho it IS Taker. Anyone would be scared vs Taker.
Yeah....when you have Superstars ASKING to go into the HIAC....you know they don't respect it for the match it is.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I am so confused with the booking of The Club.

*Came in as monsters. Joined up with Styles.

**Gained huge momentum. The Club was hugely over. Seemed likely something would happen with Finn Balor once he came up.

***Styles and The Club were shockingly split up in the draft]

****The Club challenged for the title, but were made to look weak, and became some sort of a comedy team, doing lazy comedy skits

*****After consistently losing to New Day, The Club starts attacking people, including Team 3D in their "retirement" ceremony, seemingly returning to their bad ass route.

It's mind boggling.

A lot of people thought Styles would suffer the most being split from The Club, but Styles was the star the other two needed to be able to show some personality. Without Styles, it's like Vince just sees them as two bald dudes without even knowing how good they actually are -- especially Anderson.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I guess Neville and Zayn tagging at SummerSlam didn't count

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad