Value of: Monahan to NYR

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Well yea, most of the assets listed in the top tier there are more valuable assets than Monahan.

DeAngelo, a defenseman, just outscored Monahan this season. Buch had 2 less points, Georgiev would be Calgary's starter, and a 1st round pick in a deep draft isn't an insignificant asset.

Are you really expecting Lafreniere or Zibanejad in return for Monahan? Get real.
DeAngelo is poor defensively and would be abandoned by his 3rd team before turning 25, so yeah I think you are going to have to accept that reduces his value immensely as does getting abused on a playoff ending goal.

I'm not expecting anything for Monahan since I'm not a CGY fan and I don't really care if he's traded or not.

But sorry, you aren't getting a legit 1B C for an offenseman looking for a payday and who you want to give up on and a goalie with a 3.00 GAA. Good luck though.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I’m a lot like Monahan, when I go out at night my game rises to the level of the talent around me and conversely plummets when the talent stinks

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
The Rangers definitely have the assets to acquire Monahan if they wanted to. It's not going to be a bucket of leftover expendable stuff though.

Sean is a 25 year old center with over 400 career points. That's an A asset, you'll need at least one A- or B+ asset coming back the Flames way, not a bunch of C+.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad