Value of: Monahan to NYR

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
False. His most frequent linemate was Panarin. Panarin played for a long stretch with Strome, but Zibanejad spent more time on the ice with Panarin than anyone else.
They play together on the 1st pp unit and late in the game situations when trailing.They aren't linemates besides in those situations

Reactions: bleedblue94

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
False. His most frequent linemate was Panarin. Panarin played for a long stretch with Strome, but Zibanejad spent more time on the ice with Panarin than anyone else.

5v5 Ice time with Zibanejad:
Buchnevich 481:42
Kreider 448:12
(Georgiev)
Trouba 326:22
Skjei 261:52
(Lundqvist)
Fox 250:12
DeAngelo 247:55
Panarin 233:01

Don't worry buddy, it's okay to admit you have no idea what you're talking about

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
IMO, this Rangers fan is more interested in Sam Bennett. What would be the cost? Georgiev + Lias? Georgiev + something else?

Reactions: Apocalypse Dude

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Honestly Nils Lundqvist+ would be the piece I would ask for. We need a RHD and future PP QB. NYR seems to have depth at that position. NL wouldn’t need to be protected in expansion which would be big for us.

Lundqvist + Carolina first

for Monahan + 4th rounder

(Id be open to other assets like Buchnevich, or other forwards instead of the first)

Reactions: bbny

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Honestly Nils Lundqvist+ would be the piece I would ask for. We need a RHD and future PP QB. NYR seems to have depth at that position. NL wouldn’t need to be protected in expansion which would be big for us.

(Id be open to other assets like Buchnevich, or other forwards instead of the first)
It's a fair ask, idk if Rangers do it

The premise would obviously be Flames decide they need a major shakeup

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Flames don't want Fox back, bad blood. You can keep him.

As for the other part. Nils is most certainly on the table for Monahan. Acquiring SM means you are looking to start winning now, Nils is not only blocked by your RD depth but not NHL ready. Like I said the concept of trading Monahan is strictly for a tank and rebuild so the ask from NYR will have to 100% include Lundkvist. The idea that you guys are saying he's not available is hilarious to me since he hasn't proven anything and should not be valued higher than Jake Bean.

Can't blame you for having good taste, but would rather turn down Monahan and keep NL if that was a dealbreaker.

Understand if that is not to you, but we are moving Deangelo imo to get ahead of the curve. Need Nils when that happens.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019

Fair offer. Unsure if Rangers do it, but it's a solid deal.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

His line mates are Kreider and Buchnevich. He played a lot with Panarin because they are the two best players on the team. The coach is going to put them out there to start OT or the last shift of a game or period. No different than McDavid playing a lot with Draisaitl or Crosby and Malkin.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
No, like a legit #1 center. Zibanejad is basically Monahan. Better play driver, worse finisher and faceoff guy.
What's a legit 1c? Do you mean a franchise 1c?
MZ has less goals in more games played. This is a fact not an opinion.
So we're going to talk career stats when Zibanejad has emerged as a 1c only in the last 2 years? You think that's fair? Right now Zibanejad is playing like a 1C and that's all that matters, using career stats is cherry picking to prove he's not a real 1c because he didn't put up those numbers early on.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Calgary much like Toronto is a team in serious trouble. They are in limbo. Good enough to make the playoffs but constructed bad enough to never make a run. You can keep Monahan and you won't ever go anywhere. He's a complimentary player. When JG was lousy this year, so was Monahan. Calgary should start moving guys for lots of picks and prospects and tear it down.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
The Rangers and Flames are not good trade partners.

They seemed linked in a lot of rumours ... are that true maybe not

I’m still offering combinations of DeAngeko. Strome , Buchnevich , Andersson and see what happens

Flames are losing a lot of D this year and need changes upfront too

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Get real. Bennett is a role player. One good playoffs didn't send his value sky high.

Two good playoffs, you mean? Despite pretty awful usage, limited PP time, and averaging only 14:37 TOI, he's got 6g 13p in his last 15 playoff games while playing with a ton of jam and energy.

Bennett carried the Flames best line all playoffs, despite having Lucic on his wing, who was a complete liability outside of maybe 2.5 games. He was easily the Flames best forward, leading the team in goals (5), points (8), +/- (+4), and shots (32). On top of that, he's still leading the entire playoffs in hits with 54 (Reeves is 2nd with only 43) despite only averaging 15:18 TOI.

Bennett is excellent when played at center and given opportunities on the PP. He would be one of the best power centers in the league of given the opportunity to actually play with talent.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Two good playoffs, you mean? Despite pretty awful usage, limited PP time, and averaging only 14:37 TOI, he's got 6g 13p in his last 15 playoff games while playing with a ton of jam and energy.

Bennett carried the Flames best line all playoffs, despite having Lucic on his wing, who was a complete liability outside of maybe 2.5 games. He was easily the Flames best forward, leading the team in goals (5), points (8), +/- (+4), and shots (32). On top of that, he's still leading the entire playoffs in hits with 54 (Reeves is 2nd with only 43) despite only averaging 15:18 TOI.

Bennett is excellent when played at center and given opportunities on the PP. He would be one of the best power centers in the league of given the opportunity to actually play with talent.

I’m not sure about all of that, but he’s definitely a good bottom-6 center and someone who I think the Rangers should explore trading for. He’d help a lot here.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I’m not sure about all of that, but he’s definitely a good bottom-6 center and someone who I think the Rangers should explore trading for. He’d help a lot here.

It's hard to tell what kind of center he is because, aside from these past playoffs, he hasn't really been played at center since his sophomore season when he was saddled with two of the league's worst 5v5 wingers in Versteeg and Brouwer as a 20 year old.

I guess the failure of that line was enough for Calgary to decide he should play wing, a position he's terrible at.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
It's hard to tell what kind of center he is because, aside from these past playoffs, he hasn't really been played at center since his sophomore season when he was saddled with two of the league's worst 5v5 wingers in Versteeg and Brouwer as a 20 year old.

I guess the failure of that line was enough for Calgary to decide he should play wing, a position he's terrible at.

Thats fair but he’s still bottom-6 help for the Rangers, an area where they need the help desperately and if he has room to grow, even better as he fits in with the Rangers timeline.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Monahan would be an amazing addition. I think he’s getting a bit underrated here, especially since his contract is quite good over the next several years.

I can’t see the flames moving him unless it’s for a high end dman. The aforementioned buch, 1st and nils lunqvist sounds intriguing but don’t think flames want anything less than an established young dman.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Monahan would be an amazing addition. I think he’s getting a bit underrated here, especially since his contract is quite good over the next several years.
Meh, Monahan is a product of Gaudreau. He's produced like a 3rd liner without Gaudreau over a substantial sample size.

Since 2014-15 (Gaudreau's rookie season), here are Monahan's 5v5 production rates:

Monahan without Gaudreau
1,479:24 TOI
G/60: 0.61
A/60: 0.77
P/60: 1.38

Monahan with Gaudreau
5,049:23 TOI
G/60: 0.97
A/60: 1.19
P/60: 2.16

That's a 60% increase in goal scoring and 57% increase in point production when with Gaudreau at 5v5 vs without.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad