GDT: Monahan returns to Calgary (Habs @ Flames 12/1/22)

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
markstrom save percentage in 800s 8 of 10 last games, complete stinker to start the game, and stupid penalty for the game winner.

Bunch of older overpaid superstars that cant get it done and score on a struggling goalie.

Blame to go all around, but with Vladar we get atleast a point tonight. I have no doubt markstrom will start again on saturday.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I remember when I said that Kadri contract could look bad day one (I said it somewhere anyways), and I thought after the first ten games "well there is another one of my idiotic takes".

I think I'm about ready to agree with August self again on that one. Guy looks awful.

Not even going to get into Markstrom because we all know he's trash.

Onto the next one.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Cannot believe Milan Lucic keeps getting dressed every game. But onto the game - we just can’t score which means overall lack of skill.

Reactions: 23Monahan

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Who's the guy that keeps dressing Lucic & Lewis and starting Markstrom?

I know this is hard to hear for some fans who really want this to fall on Darryl.. but every single NHL coach starts their 6 million dollar goalie and 5.25 million dollar forward. Every single one. All of them.

The roster is just not that good.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I know this is hard to hear for some fans who really want this to fall on Darryl.. but every single NHL coach starts their 6 million dollar goalie and 5.25 million dollar forward. Every single one. All of them.

LA just waived theirs. Ik they have NMCs but Lucic doesn't have to be a regular.

This team just brings it on themselves. I agree though, I don't see a playoff team here.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

How can you blame the gm that has won 2 whole 7 game series in his entire tenure?

Reactions: 23Monahan

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Starting Markstrom here and squandering two points against a team we completely dominated is completely inexcusable with where we sit in the standings. Markstrom was the direct cause for both goals.

The top PP unit doesn’t work and hasn’t been touched.

I’m completely dejected by this loss. We should have won that game going away.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Everyone is shooting like Blake Coleman lol

Lots of high quality shots

Reactions: Tofveve

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Our leading scorer is on pace for 64 points in an NHL where like 25+ guys are going to break 90 points lmfao.

Edit: I gave us too much credit. The score had Lindholms goal tonight as his 8th when it was his 7th. Our leading scorer is on pace for an even 60.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010

No, no they don't. Sullivan in Pittsburgh is testament to modern coaches actually valuing wins over the dinosaur era apocryphal shit that comes from Sutter. When their franchise cup winning goalie struggled, he went to the rookie. The next year when the cup winning rookie struggled, he went back to the other guy. Because wins don't only count when the arbitrarily labeled quote unquote starter gets them. Which is something the dinosaur Sutter seems to forever never get.

It's the Calgary Flames. Not the Calgary Markstroms. Not the Calgary Lucics. And definitely not the Calgary Sutters.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
No, no they don't. Sullivan in Pittsburgh is testament to modern coaches actually valuing wins over the dinosaur era apocryphal shit that comes from Sutter. When their franchise cup winning goalie struggled, he went to the rookie. The next year when the cup winning rookie struggled, he went back to the other guy. Because wins don't only count when the arbitrarily labeled quote unquote starter gets them. Which is something the dinosaur Sutter seems to forever never get.

It's the Calgary Flames. Not the Calgary Markstroms. Not the Calgary Lucics. And definitely not the Calgary Sutters.
With Sutter's massive ego? f*** ya it is to him whether he admits it or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad