GDT: Monahan returns to Calgary (Habs @ Flames 12/1/22)

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
Why play your hot goaltender coming off a win when you really need points when you can play your struggling goaltender?

Vladar earned this start. No reason to play markstrom.... common Sutter.

Also my favorite Monahan moments other than all his beautiful goals is when him, lindholm and gaudreau were playing really good and squirting purple Gatorade in eachothers mouths every time they scored ahaha

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221201-123637_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221201-123637_Chrome.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 2

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
mony.png

I'll always remember the way he would score goals sometimes. Boring Sean Monahan was a great twitter account too. Glad he's on the up and up again, last couple seasons were painful just watching him.

Flames need a win here tho, we always suck against the Habs. Just don't let that sourpatch kid Caufield score.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
mony.png

I'll always remember the way he would score goals sometimes. Boring Sean Monahan was a great twitter account too. Glad he's on the up and up again, last couple seasons were painful just watching him.

Flames need a win here tho, we always suck against the Habs. Just don't let that sourpatch kid Caufield score.
He makes reference to the twitter account in this video around the 1:15 mark

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
I like how you purposely excluded Kadri and Heineman from that, because if you included them that actually looks like a fantastic trade for Calgary.
Lol what? Why even mention heineman? He is 21 and barely scoring in the shl. Also the 2nd we got for bennet we traded (with a 3rd and 7th) for Cale jarkrok in proper treliving fashion.

So really it's bennet+monahan+1st for 32 year old Kadri coming off a career year for 7x7.

Reactions: lightstorm

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Giving up a first-round pick to sign Kadri to that anchor.

Still think it was a major dumbass move even if Kadri was lights out this year (which he hasn't been). There is a reason this team will never win shit.

Reactions: lightstorm

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Lol what? Why even mention heineman? He is 21 and barely scoring in the shl. Also the 2nd we got for bennet we traded (with a 3rd and 7th) for Cale jarkrok in proper treliving fashion.

So really it's bennet+monahan+1st for 32 year old Kadri coming off a career year for 7x7.
I mean if your going to include the second was used for Jarnkrok you may as well include Heineman being included in the Toffoli deal? The I’d argue we upgraded Bennett and Monahan to Kadri and Toffoli while only downgrading two late firsts to second round picks, while only adding 500k in cap.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Tried to quickly find the through the air passing goal between Monahan and Gaudreau - that was my favorite. I think it was Mony who scored it. Also not sure if Lindy was in on it. Strangely hard footage to locate (in a hurry mind you, heading to work).

The 14/15 was one of the funnest. Still sad we got rid of Huds, he meshed so well with those 2 and had sneaky good skill. The future was bright and beating the Nucks in round 1 was the cherry on the cake. Early 18/19 was also great and for 3 months prior to the AS break johnny//Mony/Lindy were the best line in hockey - an all-out smokeshow in Nov/Dec particularly. What a blast to watch all of that.

Too bad the injury bug was persistent with Mony and he was never the same after the first half of 18/19. Hope he somehow gets at least close to the way he was again.

I'm sure he'll get loud cheers as he was always a class act. I'm sure somewhere Johnny will be watching too.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Tried to quickly find the through the air passing goal between Monahan and Gaudreau - that was my favorite. I think it was Mony who scored it. Also not sure if Lindy was in on it. Strangely hard footage to locate (in a hurry mind you, heading to work).

The 14/15 was one of the funnest. Still sad we got rid of Huds, he meshed so well with those 2 and had sneaky good skill. The future was bright and beating the Nucks in round 1 was the cherry on the cake. Early 18/19 was also great and for 3 months prior to the AS break johnny//Mony/Lindy were the best line in hockey - an all-out smokeshow in Nov/Dec particularly. What a blast to watch all of that.

Too bad the injury bug was persistent with Mony and he was never the same after the first half of 18/19. Hope he somehow gets at least close to the way he was again.

I'm sure he'll get loud cheers as he was always a class act. I'm sure somewhere Johnny will be watching too.
That year was one of my fondest memories as a Flames fan.

I'll be honest, I was one of his biggest detractors the past couple years before his injury stuff came out. Now seeing how he sacrificed his body for the team I have the utmost respect for him. He should have been shut down but him forcing himself to play despite not being able to bend down to take face-offs is admirable. I hope he continues to have a long and healthy career.

Reactions: Tofveve

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
I mean if your going to include the second was used for Jarnkrok you may as well include Heineman being included in the Toffoli deal? The I’d argue we upgraded Bennett and Monahan to Kadri and Toffoli while only downgrading two late firsts to second round picks, while only adding 500k in cap.
And if we are talking about toffoli then lets throw in the 1st we sent for him aswell! Lol we love sending 1sts to montreal!

So monahan, bennett and 2x 1sts for kadri and toffoli

Another Monahan favoirte. Was at this game live, awesome 3-2 overtime win for us:

Last edited:

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
And if we are talking about toffoli then lets throw in the 1st we sent for him aswell! Lol we love sending 1sts to montreal!

So monahan, bennett and 2x 1sts for kadri and toffoli
…that’s exactly what I said in my trade, although you excluded a second and I accidentally added one on mine. So we added the two more talented players both adding Stanley Cup experience while spending 500k more, and it took two firsts for a second, and one those firsts may not be until 2025 or not even our own.

I still repeat, sounds like a win, and it’s not like we will even have the same team by team we notice those 1sts gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad