Post-Game Talk: Mon, Oct. 3 | Rangers 3 vs Flyers 4 (OT) | Preseason Game 6

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
No Gudas hearing, so he's in the clear to start the season. Morin will most likely be sent down now.

Good. It was a nasty looking hit, but I don't think it was suspension worthy. If he had been injured and didn't return to the game there would have been a different ruling.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Charlie also wrote a great article on 9/27 regarding Provo making the team. In the article he also compared the advanced stats of Schultz, AMac, and Manning, and basically came to the conclusion that Manning should be seen ahead of the other two.

I think everyone here needs to read it. It doesn't say Manning is a Norris Trophy winner, but he would be just fine as our number 6 D to start the season. Plus, AMac went back to his old self somewhat last night, so the door is cracked for Manning(if he has solid performances the next two games).

Just admit it - you are Brandon Manning aren't you

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Look at Manning's numbers when not being carried by Gudas. His possession numbers in easy minutes were incredibly bad.

I know this, but his ranking of being better than Schultz & Mac isn't a ringing endorsement, those two are very poor, Manning is just the least poor of them.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Sums up why I don't read BSH.

Well that's certainly up to you, but don't take boxcar's spin tactics as a reason not too. Charlie is still emphatically stating that Manning is not a good defender, but if you have 7 guys and ranking them based on certain stats, Manning comes out better than those 2.

That's all.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
"Everyone here needs to read it"

Yes I need to read reasons for Manning to play.

Yet someone does not need to watch how AMac played, because the eyetest would be a reason for Manning not to play...

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Well that's certainly up to you, but don't take boxcar's spin tactics as a reason not too. Charlie is still emphatically stating that Manning is not a good defender, but if you have 7 guys and ranking them based on certain stats, Manning comes out better than those 2.

That's all.

Well, you know us sales guys are always good with spin tactics...;)

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Manning stinks. Hex is either going to cut his loses or play him the 14 games and dangle him for expansion.

There is a reason they don't want to watch him in preseason.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Manning stinks. Hex is either going to cut his loses or play him the 14 games and dangle him for expansion.

There is a reason they don't want to watch him in preseason.

In the 3 games I watched, I think Manning only played 1 and i'm not sure he even touched the puck. It's made the preseason thoroughly enjoyable lol.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Lyubimov play better?)

It seemed like he had less ice time against the Rags than he had earlier against the Devils (which would make sense), and he was thus less noticeable, but when I did see him he didn't look out of place at all. He was still tenacious, skating well, defensively responsible. I really hope he sticks with the big club.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The hit was fine.

It's really simple.

-It wasn't going to be a bad hit if Vesey doesn't turn.
-Vesey turns right before impact
-Gudas can not be expected to stop that late.

Watching it in slow motion makes people think it's worse than it is because the split second before the hit turns into multiple seconds, making it seem as if he could stop... But they forget that in reality there's no way he could actually do that.

But I do love me some Rag fan tears. So all is well I guess.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Gudas could have used a little common sense and pulled up a little, but he didn't take an extra step or cross check him.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Big Bad Gudas and the Broad Street Bullies are the perfect recipe for making people salty.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
The hit was fine.

It's really simple.

-It wasn't going to be a bad hit if Vesey doesn't turn.
-Vesey turns right before impact
-Gudas can not be expected to stop that late.

Watching it in slow motion makes people think it's worse than it is because the split second before the hit turns into multiple seconds, making it seem as if he could stop... But they forget that in reality there's no way he could actually do that.

But I do love me some Rag fan tears. So all is well I guess.

I guess the questions that needs be asked is
Does Gudas have time to let up instead of driving Vescey into the boards.
Does Gudas have a hearing today if Vescey has a concussion or some other injury.
I didn't like the hit. I would of been pretty ticked off honestly if Konecny got hit like that by a Ranger.
in the end the 5 and a game was deemed enough by the DOPS. I think Gudas is fortunate honestly given his past history.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I guess the questions that needs be asked is
Does Gudas have time to let up instead of driving Vescey into the boards.
Does Gudas have a hearing today if Vescey has a concussion or some other injury.
I didn't like the hit. I would of been pretty ticked off honestly if Konecny got hit like that by a Ranger.
in the end the 5 and a game was deemed enough by the DOPS. I think Gudas is fortunate honestly given his past history.

I don't see how he could have let up, yes the DOPS probably makes a bigger deal out of it if Vesey is hurt (which is a problem by itself, suspensions shouldn't depend on the result but instead 100% on the action), and if it was on a Flyers player I'd be more annoyed that he was doing stupid **** when he should know how to protect himself (and that sure as **** isn't it). Also, past history shouldn't matter until you've already deemed him guilty. It should be used to decide severity of punishment, not if there should be one in the first place.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Is there anybody that can do a slow-mo time stamp from when Vesey is sideways to when he turns?

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I don't see how he could have let up, yes the DOPS probably makes a bigger deal out of it if Vesey is hurt (which is a problem by itself, suspensions shouldn't depend on the result but instead 100% on the action), and if it was on a Flyers player I'd be more annoyed that he was doing stupid **** when he should know how to protect himself (and that sure as **** isn't it). Also, past history shouldn't matter until you've already deemed him guilty. It should be used to decide severity of punishment, not if there should be one in the first place.

I agree Vesey should not of turned. It is how these kids are coached now and I hate it. this is becoming more and more common place for kids to turn and try and draw the penalty.
I think it was borderline whether Gudas had time to let up. it is close IMO.
tomorrows game ought to be fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad