Post-Game Talk: Mon, Oct. 14th, 5pm ET: The Return of Andre´ B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
yes locker... unbelievable momentum. Orlov and company cycling and passing.... Then Backstrom gets to touch the puck and turns it over. And then a breakaway 3 on 2... and kuzy overpasses again. Just same old same stupid.

Sucks for Samy to make that mistake.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
yes locker... unbelievable momentum. Orlov and company cycling and passing.... Then Backstrom gets to touch the puck and turns it over. And then a breakaway 3 on 2... and kuzy overpasses again. Just same old same stupid.

Sucks for Samy to make that mistake.
I honestly don't think Samsonov has played as well as everyone here thinks.

Reactions: Blades of Steel

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Come f***ing on Kuzy, refuse to shoot and then it ends up in your own net eventually...sad.

Sammy...sigh....at least I can blame that on learning.

Reactions: Lobodomy

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
I honestly don't think Samsonov has played as well as everyone here thinks.
I'm all for being critical of the methods of success and not solely on the success itself. But for a goalie, its just stop the damn puck. And he's been better than the other guy so far this season.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Small sample size but sure looks like Father Time is catching up to Ovi and Backstrom 5 on 5. Both just seem a step slower.
I've seen OV look like this before, he kind of goes in fits and spurts. Not sure I've ever seen Backstrom look so bad. Really brings pause to the thought that he has to be re-signed.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
My goodness Haglan doesn't have an ounce of offensive skill...except when playing against us.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
I've seen OV look like this before, he kind of goes in fits and spurts. Not sure I've ever seen Backstrom look so bad. Really brings pause to the thought that he has to be re-signed.
I think they both are still world class, I just don’t think they can play together. Not enough speed anymore, they need young guys with them to help carry the puck.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
Backstrom for me has been the biggest disappointment of the season followed by Holtby. Its like neither wants to get paid!

edit: I know they are going to get paid but they're not doing the UFA elevated play

Reactions: AtNightWeFly

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
if there's a team against which val f***** nichushkin can score his first goal since 1973, its the caps

Reactions: HSHS

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Backstrom for me has been the biggest disappointment of the season followed by Holtby. Its like neither wants to get paid!

edit: I know they are going to get paid but they're not doing the UFA elevated play
Don't panic that early. Experience is still there, they will find their game, it's not their first season.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010

I honestly think Backstrom’s been alright. Ovechkin has just been constantly turning over and bobbling the puck. Hard for a playmaker to look good when the guy you’re usually passing it too can’t handle the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad