Post-Game Talk: Mon, Oct. 14th, 5pm ET: The Return of Andre´ B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
So refs have decided to categorically not give us a PP. That hit by McKinnon was illegal as &*(^

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I honestly think Backstrom’s been alright. Ovechkin has just been constantly turning over and bobbling the puck. Hard for a playmaker to look good when the guy you’re usually passing it too can’t handle the puck.

That's because instead of bringing in the puck himself he passes it to Ovie. :thumbd:

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
I honestly think Backstrom’s been alright. Ovechkin has just been constantly turning over and bobbling the puck. Hard for a playmaker to look good when the guy you’re usually passing it too can’t handle the puck.
He has constantly made no play all night and when he has the puck, he puts it in a place for no one. Its not just this game. Its been all year. But he has been for over a year a primary reason for poor PP zone entry and puck retention.

I agree Ovi has been garbage on about 5 or 6 times where the puck just gets away from him. Started on our own PP. But seems to me its about Ovi trying to do too much. Which, in itself, is a huge problem because he's never really had the stick handling that would make you think he can create a move and maintain puck possession if the primary move fails. Typically its a throw to the net or as in the last turnover, trying to crush the dude who now has the puck.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Holts, Kuz, Hags, Jensen ... those are just a few of the guys who really sucked tonight.

Also, feels like Wilson starting the season slow. Too many giveaways and lost puck battles and passes based on hope, not puck possession.

The Samsonov brainfart killed the comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad