News Article: Molson's interview about Weber's injury, Rebuild, Future and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Last year I got more free tickets than ever because a connection that gets season tickets kept being handed free tickets and inviting me. I asked him how come he got so many the answer was predictable. Many don't even wanna bother and go watch the Habs play, even for free so he would always take them.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
He approves everything Bergevin says and does because Bergevin is a good talker and if he can convince the fans that things are going to be good, then it's perfect. Saying he is confident in Bergevin is a plus for people to believe Bergevin is doing a great job.... As long as sales are good, I believe Bergevin will stay... unless they get into an UGLY slump, which is not impossible. We'll see at training camp.

Good talker? He's equally bad in both languages.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I only care about

596a78b3552be58e008b4c6e-1920-1190.jpg

How much for the lot? I'm hungry right now

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
Honestly, at this point I just hope that Bergevin and Molson keep on digging their own grave by recycling speeches over and over, as @Habaneros pointed out in this thread, and that it reflects on the ticket sales next year to the point where BargainBin gets fired and Molson steps away from the team to let someone else take care of team presidency and then get Brisebois to become our general manager.

I know, I know, it's a long reach and I'm probably dreaming...

Reactions: Forum93

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
will see. right now he is trying to sell bad beer and bad hockey.

He also used to have high end trappings to divert the focus from the bad on ice product but LVK has topped him everywhere.
Looking at that Fleury chocolate statue seems to indicate the food is probably pretty damn good too.

Sigh...

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
"Last year was a really tough year across the board. I don’t think we’re going to have that again this year. People are going to be all-in this year.”

What is this guy smoking? The roster's actually worse now than it was last season. It's basically Price or Bust. And I don't see how we make the playoffs even if Price stood on his head. Even when we get great goaltending we still can't score or defend well. What the hell is this guy thinking?
You're being generous. You're assuming he's smoking something. On the other hand I think he is BSing. That whole interview was one big fat bull taking a dump on our heads.

Reactions: Pickles and Forum93

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
April 2016

"This being said, despite subpar results this season, stability in our approach remains the focus. The mark of all good organizations in sports is stability and long-term vision. I remain convinced that we have a strong foundation of core players and veterans, as well as younger players with promising futures." -Geoff Molson

He calls it stability, I call it insanity. What's the point of doing the same thing if said thing isn't working. The team has no vision :laugh:

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
He talks like that because he's trying to avoid having less people at games. But the thing is, it's inevitable at this point. Public goodwill is at a pathetically low point, and almost every single decision this team makes appears to backfire and is micro-analyzed because fans have lost patience, all while being angry. So the media hits them hard. The only thing that would help Molson is a better team, and that's going to take time. Chopping Bergevin's head off would also help tremendously but he stubbornly refuses to do it. That's on him. Public reflection would also ease the pain, but teams, for one or another, valid or not, tend to refuse to do it. I think coming out and saying " We failed the fanbase " would allieviate some of the tension, but I could see how current players would take umbrage at such remarks.
ALL he has to do is the 1 thing that is obvious to the whole world except for him. He must fire MB. Fan backlash will disappear and we can move forward.
I'm sorry MB is on the phone 15-20 hours a day? With who exactly? Maybe he's on some phone sex #'s but no way is he working 15-20 hours a day.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Thing is who replaces Bergevin if we fire him mid-season? If you plan on canning him, do you want an interim handling the trade deadline? Or do you want MB potentially handling it? Do you reach out to Tampa to get BriseBois to join mid-season (if that's even possible)?

I mean, if we're out of it i'm sure Timmins can handle an interim role and handle the TDL and trading assets for draft picks (candy to him), but I don't recall too often seeing a GM fired mid-season. It's more common for coaches.
I absolutely want an interim handling the deadline and I don't care if it's a 6 year old kid. Why would anyone want MB to handle the deadline? So he can use his experience to make good decisions? What?

Reactions: M.C.G. 31

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
ALL he has to do is the 1 thing that is obvious to the whole world except for him. He must fire MB. Fan backlash will disappear and we can move forward.
I'm sorry MB is on the phone 15-20 hours a day? With who exactly? Maybe he's on some phone sex #'s but no way is he working 15-20 hours a day.

Both PUBG and Fortnite are on mobile now.

I think thats your answer.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
The interesting part was when Molson said he didn't like the word rebuild. My question is who is influencing who ? Is Molson the boss and dictating the no rebuild policy to Bergevin and the GM is towing the line in public ? Or is Bergevin influencing Molson with his lack of belief in rebuilds ? Or are they two peas in a pod ? Is Bergevin selling an idea of a perpetual contender to Molson ? Or is Molson preferring to have an even keel team that makes the playoffs every year but doesn't really have a shot at winning the whole thing ? Is there even such a thing as a team which is good enough to make the playoffs every year but can't win it all ? Some would have said the caps before this year...

At any rate, I much prefer this approach to past approaches of signing guys like Alzner, Brière and trading picks for the likes of Shaw. I also like that we have upgraded our coaching staff. But honestly, all these moves and this philosophy toward keeping our picks/prospects is only one part of the equation toward building a cup winner. Until I see the rest of the moves... I remain unconvinced.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Like who in the fook does he think he's fooling with this load of hot garbage?? Lack of respect that they think fans are so stupid in Montreal to believe their nonsense.

Reactions: montreal

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Hey gang, Canucks fan here! My wife had our third child today and I saw Weber visiting in the perinatal ward in Kelowna general hospital.

He's on crutches and a wicked knee brace but physically looks great. If he let's it heal properly and gives it all the time it needs I think he can return to his from from a couple of years ago.
You saw Weber in the perinatal ward? Is his knee or wife expecting?

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018

I think he's trying to reproduce Moneyball except he forgot his team isn't poor :sarcasm:

Marc Bergevin:
1*KQdnXPN15-Cznb4UgxmuRw.gif

Scott Mellanby:
tenor.gif

Reactions: Pickles

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
I think he's trying to reproduce Moneyball except he forgot his team isn't poor :sarcasm:

Marc Bergevin:
1*KQdnXPN15-Cznb4UgxmuRw.gif

Scott Mellanby:
tenor.gif
Haha yea except Billy Beane was all in on analytics and I believe MB doesn't even use them at all. He believes in karakter and attitood (yet we are near league worst in those fields).

Reactions: Peanut

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I mean that Bergevin likes to have the spotlight and try to tell people a whole pile of bullcr*p while trying to remain credible.

I think he was able to fool people in the beginning, but I don't think so anymore, most people know he's a fool by now. Belial is the only one on earth still buying it lol.

Reactions: Pickles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad