Molson Urges Patience

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I think it's more a question of having a decent GM that meets the internal criteria and not the best candidate for the job (as it should be). It's hard winning in the cap world but sometimes you have to look at the sum of our parts and compare it to most cup winnings teams and I just don't see it.
Contention for a Cup can not even be seen from Montreal. You could give MB 10 more years and he will only continue to get farther away.

Grand total of ONE play off round played in the last 4 years.

One play off win in the last 5 years. Against the mighty Ottawa Senators too boot.

Pair of tickets for sale........bags included.
:baghead::baghead:

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
How the hell can you plan something that is 8 years away? Why 8? Couldn’t it have been 6 or 7 or even 10 while he’s at it? It’s absurd. So many variables you can’t control nor predict are going to impact on the outcome.

There’s a reason that most businesses go with 5 year plans and even those can be tenuous.
It's really weird timing, he didn't need to say anything at all.

Reactions: cphabs

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
In 8 years the cup drought will still be in full swing.

8-years-later.jpg

"Price and Weber are just a little older , they're still good , they're still good..."

:sarcasm::sarcasm:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Bergevin is the epitome of "Don't confuse effort with results"....whole lot of tire spinning, but not actually going anywhere. I don't doubt he tries .....but the team he's built speaks for itself.

Molson doesn't care....sold out every night, 9 million in cap space that goes right into his pocket...which covers not making the playoffs.

This team is a joke.
Yep. Yep. and Yep.

Reactions: cphabs

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Ah yes. It will be claimed as part of the master plan.

Look, we sh*t the bed yet again and finish 25-30th - Marc planned this and we got a great pick, this a win.

We finish middle of the pack either, 1st round exit or just outside the playoffs - Ah shucks guys, just look at how close we were. Don't worry Marc will use that Cap space or free agency... we are so close to playoffs. NEXT year we got this

We get into playoffs, win a round (OMG I KNOW RIGHT?! NEVER GONNA HAPPEN)
See!!! Look at you Negative Nancys. Marc is clearly on track to turn us into a contender and proof is that we won a series against X. Don't worry a few more peices and we are contenders next year for sure.

As you can see, no matter the outcome some people will spin it into a positive and declare it a win.

See image

View attachment 259167

:dunno:
That picture is awesome :laugh::laugh::laugh:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Ah yes. It will be claimed as part of the master plan.

Look, we sh*t the bed yet again and finish 25-30th - Marc planned this and we got a great pick, this a win.

We finish middle of the pack either, 1st round exit or just outside the playoffs - Ah shucks guys, just look at how close we were. Don't worry Marc will use that Cap space or free agency... we are so close to playoffs. NEXT year we got this

We get into playoffs, win a round (OMG I KNOW RIGHT?! NEVER GONNA HAPPEN)
See!!! Look at you Negative Nancys. Marc is clearly on track to turn us into a contender and proof is that we won a series against X. Don't worry a few more peices and we are contenders next year for sure.

As you can see, no matter the outcome some people will spin it into a positive and declare it a win.

See image

View attachment 259167

:dunno:
who is the bigger Pigeon ? Molson:dunce: or Bergevin:silly:

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Suzuki poehling Caulfield fleury brook Romanov norlinder ylonen primeau mete struble... I could go on with the guys who will be good nhlers under Bergevins recent few years.. he's learning and he's actually a good gm. But I agree drouin for sergachev was brutal.

As seen by the last draft's inside vids, Bergevin is completely clueless of that year's draftees.

He hasn't learned anything. Drafting is better ever since Timmins was named AGM.

Bargainbrain is dumb as rocks, stop giving him praises for things he's clueless about.

Last edited:

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Year 19 of the 5 year rebuild - be patient, puppets! Better hotdogs are here, oh and $13 shitwater beers, too! We have err... Domi and umm... Gallagher! Yeah! Ummm... did I mention that thing about patience yet?

I was all out of patience a decade ago. Buzz off Geoff.

Go New Orleans Saints, go!!

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Year 19 of the 5 year rebuild - be patient, puppets! Better hotdogs are here, oh and $13 ****water beers, too! We have err... Domi and umm... Gallagher! Yeah! Ummm... did I mention that thing about patience yet?

I was all out of patience a decade ago. Buzz off Geoff.

Go New Orleans Saints, go!!

Please tell me we made the playoffs at least once during all those years? Even a 4 games sweep would make me happy.

Go Habs Go!! :hyper::handclap::vhappy:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Have I misread or does Molson say we should be good before 8 years?

Not that I agree with him. It just seems he said the window ends in 8 years, not begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad