Molson Urges Patience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank the Skank

Jan 11, 2019
104 Row D 15
Except they were hands down the best team in 2019 starting in Jan. One of the reasons I laugh at MB and his points in Oct/Nov anything can happen mantra. No it really can't when you come up a team like the Blues who are on such a roll going into the show.
And they did it without Elite players.. which again.. was the point

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm trying to apply for a job where Geoff Molson will be my direct boss.

Won't have to do much (because my job will be hard) and it's a guaranteed employment for life!

Who's in between Molson and Bergevin? Who reports to Molson other than Bergevin? Not sure.

As far as holding onto Bergevin... term of contract matters no matter what people say how much money the Habs make. If our team stalls and stays in the middle 10 range in the NHL for this year and next, It will be very interesting to see if Molson has the guts to fire Bergevin and hire a real President.

2 years left in term with Bergevin.... The timing is in line with our youth movement and do we go up, down, or stall? This will be key and that 21/22 season could be a sale on vets.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
who the **** are you to decides who's a fan and who's not ??

upload_2019-10-2_16-19-5.gif

:D

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
so if I get this straight...

2014 (or 15, dont remember exactly) was transition year
then in 2018 was the reset

and now, in 2019, we have to wait up to 8 years...

not enough, think we can all wait 10/12 years...

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Who's in between Molson and Bergevin? Who reports to Molson other than Bergevin? Not sure.

As far as holding onto Bergevin... term of contract matters no matter what people say how much money the Habs make. If our team stalls and stays in the middle 10 range in the NHL for this year and next, It will be very interesting to see if Molson has the guts to fire Bergevin and hire a real President.

2 years left in term with Bergevin.... The timing is in line with our youth movement and do we go up, down, or stall? This will be key and that 21/22 season could be a sale on vets.

Ya, that's the position i'm trying to apply :) Hearing that Geoff Molson is a great employer.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
well the smart thing would be to talk to Price and let him what the plan is and that if he wants out they will do their best to trade him at some point down the road. You need him to say the right things so it doesn't tarnish his trade value if it looks like he's demanding a trade. Not saying he would or wouldn't want out, but if you look to trade Price in the summer after you pay him his 8.75M bonus, he will be owed something like 44M over 6 years which is just over 7M a year. We could retain say 10% if it meant we got something really good back.

I'd look at the Avs to see if we could pry Byram. I know it's a total pipedream but if the Avs struggle with goaltending, the have the cap space and several top young D prospects so they might be desperate to win hopefully. Granted you would hate to have a Roy part II happen but if Price wants out then not much they can do as I doubt they could turn us into a contender in a year.

Lol, I was gonna say... that has Patrick Roy written all over it again (not as much drama but the same outcome)

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
so if I get this straight...

2014 (or 15, dont remember exactly) was transition year
then in 2018 was the reset

and now, in 2019, we have to wait up to 8 years...

not enough, think we can all wait 10/12 years...

Poile had 16 years, we should be fine for another 8

:)

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Frank the Skank

Jan 11, 2019
104 Row D 15
You forgot the PR part. Easy to be a fan of this **** show if you are getting paid to do so, I might be wrong and you just might be the loyal dog type that "bergy" was referring to.
:laugh::laugh: Too funny... do you think that anyone who works for any professional sports team really cares what a bunch of keyboard warriors say?

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
dont be a wuss AP, make it a decade at least! :naughty:

Bah technically, it's going to be 8 years next summer. So 8 past years + 8 more is close enough to Poile. Hey. I can wait 27 more years for another Cup. We will be so close to Leafs history

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Yes, particularly when you switch to a rival. If you jump ship like that, turn your back on your team... you were never a fan to begin with. Shows you are not loyal. Just like Ballard leaving the Leafs, anything can happen and fates can and will turn around..

Actually, you see all this in a very limited fashion. What you don't realize is that people will switch because the team turned on them.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Yes... the team has a personal vendetta against an anonymous dude behind a screen.. how foolish of me

Very very limited vision.

Seems you need to be taken by the hand to understand any of this:

When ownership puts profit as a higher priority, it turns its back on its fans

When management sends away fan favorite players, it turns its back on its fans.

When ownership leaves incompetemt management in place, despite obvious shortcomings, it turns its back on its fans

And so on, so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad