Mock offseason - USE part 3, NO POSTS HERE!

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Can the oilers become ufas now?

I'm happy to post a rough roster for them and co-GM them with the others around here. I spent enough time digging through the roster to try and figure out the cap numbers recently anyways.

Building a computer tonight, but I can get around to it and try to GM them realistically.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Deal to announce:

to :nashville

Jakub Kindl

to :panthers

Eric Nystrom

:panthers

Confirm

we felt it was a shame that due to depth, Jakub Kindl was going to possibly be stuck in the AHL to start the year. We thank him for his time here and believe he will be successful in Nashville.

We are pleased to bring in Eric as he came highly recommended by his former Dallas teammate Jaromir Jagr. We think he can provide a solid veteran presence, help to our PK and added energy to our 4th line.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Can we do round 1 of waivers before or when wave 4 opens?

Depending on if a team waives a certain player I have targeted to claim, or if any of mine get claimed could determine if I offer a contract to a player not on the wave 4 list.

(the line for Pavelec could be a long one) ;)

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
FlyersBobMcK.png

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
:flyers

Bob may have ousted our trade talks, but nonetheless the Flyers have a trade to announce.

Defenders Radko Gudas and Nick Schultz have been traded to the Predators of Nashville for center Brandon Sutter and defender Petter Granberg.

With the recent signing of Jason Demers, the organization felt it needed to shore up other areas of the lineup. Radko had expressed concern over his security in the lineup after being bumped from the top pairing, as a result we've sent him to Nashville where he will get plenty of playing opportunities with an organization that values his skillset.

Sutter will be given the chance to compete with Couturier for the #2 center position and Granberg offers us affordable depth on the bottom pairing. The Flyers still have more moves to make and have made it known the phone lines are open.

FinBruin

Apr 12, 2016
:flyers

Bob may have ousted our trade talks, but nonetheless the Flyers have a trade to announce.

Defenders Radko Gudas and Nick Schultz have been traded to the Predators of Nashville for center Brandon Sutter and defender Petter Granberg.

With the recent signing of Jason Demers, the organization felt it needed to shore up other areas of the lineup. Radko had expressed concern over his security in the lineup after being bumped from the top pairing, as a result we've sent him to Nashville where he will get plenty of playing opportunities with an organization that values his skillset.

Sutter will be given the chance to compete with Couturier for the #2 center position and Granberg offers us affordable depth on the bottom pairing. The Flyers still have more moves to make and have made it known the phone lines are open.

:nashville confirms.

"With Gudas and Schultz we may have one of the biggest defensive core in the league. And both of them will help our PK, area we have been not-so-good."

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Can we do round 1 of waivers before or when wave 4 opens?

Depending on if a team waives a certain player I have targeted to claim, or if any of mine get claimed could determine if I offer a contract to a player not on the wave 4 list.

(the line for Pavelec could be a long one) ;)

I think we should do UFA beforehand, it makes little sense to do waivers first. Actual GMs have to take that gamble as well of signing players, even if a potential waiver player might become available at the start of a season.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I think we should do UFA beforehand, it makes little sense to do waivers first. Actual GMs have to take that gamble as well of signing players, even if a potential waiver player might become available at the start of a season.

But actual GMs also have the chance to sign FAs after waivers as long as they are free agents. Rules say we can't, so to me it makes plenty sense

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
But actual GMs also have the chance to sign FAs after waivers as long as they are free agents. Rules say we can't, so to me it makes plenty sense

How many players are signed after waivers? Barely any, and they're usually the bottom of the barrel players anyway.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
What if they do but it's some deepweb place?

I got my money, not on the deep web, but on 4chan.

Fair enough, forget the request.

If IC wants to add it, I'm totally fine with it. There just has to be a limit to the complexity and how things work, otherwise it would go on forever and interest would be lost except the few hardcore people (that even happens now). Over the years this game has deepened and become a substantial project to take on. It will continue to evolve and change, especially with IC running things, but only so much can be asked. I did what IC is doing the first year, it is hard to overestimate how much time and effort it takes. I'm on the side now and it has taken a ton of my time (IC and I worked for weeks on setting up the rules).

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
If IC wants to add it, I'm totally fine with it. There just has to be a limit to the complexity and how things work, otherwise it would go on forever and interest would be lost except the few hardcore people (that even happens now). Over the years this game has deepened and become a substantial project to take on. It will continue to evolve and change, especially with IC running things, but only so much can be asked. I did what IC is doing the first year, it is hard to overestimate how much time and effort it takes. I'm on the side now and it has taken a ton of my time (IC and I worked for weeks on setting up the rules).

I was here then too and appreciate the work.

By rule all contracts are to be listed as well in order to be in the UFA bidding but we haven't been holding to that, so I thought I'd just toss it out there.

Was just an ask and not something that I intended to upset the applecart with.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

No promises for next year, but loop me in and I can try to 'Project Manage' this thing to make it more efficient.

I have some ideas on how we can standardize a lot by using some spreadsheets. Cliche, since I use spreadsheets for everything, but the roster management, cap management, UFA lists, etc. All of this is data we can export and manipulate for the most part.

If I had the time right now I'd have already re-built all of everyone's rosters into a sheet so this small cap project would be done and easy to update. But I'm too busy to sink that time in. I used to run these mock games with others before HFBoards, was a ton of fun, we had forums for it and everything.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
i don't think we should be doing waivers before the wave 4. plan is to finish this next week and it could be delayed by adding waivers before wave 4. i'm going to be more busier two weeks from now on.

and very few players sign after waivers. college and euro UFAs are usually signed way before waivers too.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
i don't think we should be doing waivers before the wave 4. plan is to finish this next week and it could be delayed by adding waivers before wave 4. i'm going to be more busier two weeks from now on.

and very few players sign after waivers. college and euro UFAs are usually signed way before waivers too.

That's fine, I was figuring it could go simultaneously (first 24 hours or whatever) and not delay anything, but like I said, request respectfully retracted as I'm definitely not going to be upset missing out on my sleeper UFA from the Asia League

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
That's fine, I was figuring it could go simultaneously (first 24 hours or whatever) and not delay anything, but like I said, request respectfully retracted as I'm definitely not going to be upset missing out on my sleeper UFA from the Asia League

Ilya Kovalchuk is ineligible, don't go there! :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad