Mock offseason - USE part 3, NO POSTS HERE!

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
DRAFT UPDATE

The Entry Draft will start Friday 22nd, noon MDT. After it has started, remaining RFA re-signings will be handled via PM (send them to me). We will start with 5 hour clock. If you need more and want to make your pick, contact me, TV or Hench. If you're fine with us making picking for you, send your draft list. We'll follow the draft rules in this post unless otherwise noted.

I'll have the thread title updated on where the draft is going (early (1-11), mid (12-23) and late (the rest) of particular round and maybe even in more detail); if there's no such update, you know that I'm not here and I've gone to sleep or can't be near computer; PM your draft lists to TV or Hench instead. I'll also sen you a notification soon after I've received draft list; if it didn't come, PM TV or Hench too. Especially if the pick is coming soon.

First: Don't be taken back by the number of rules. Many were just done to close creative loopholes (if you find one, congrats, we'll close it), especially the more complete explanations on expansion draft rules. As the examples at the end of expansion draft section show (the most complex thing we'll do during this mock), this isn't rocket science. If you need any help with the rules, you'll get that from me.

We are opening this thread little earlier so people can enter this now and maybe get something else to focus on besides firing and trading everybody. Last year we had troubles getting 30 GMs which sucked and this year we need 32 (yes we will have 2 expansion teams).

Please read the whole post. It's long but important as there have been some significant changes from last year. Including but not limited to expansion draft, designated offer sheet period, all upcoming UFAs entering the UFA bidding, and UFA 'waves'.

This mock offseason won't start until the regular season is over, at earliest.

''Real teams'' refer to current 30 teams in this post.

For purposes of this mock, all salary, cap hit and clauses information, unless otherwise noted, will follow the ones shown at https://www.capfriendly.com/.

Mock offseason event order
Expansion draft
Designated offer sheet period
RFA re-signing period
Entry draft
RFA re-signing and buy-out period
Free agency
Waivers
Publishing of final rosters

It's preferable to you can visit here at least once a day. Not absolutely necessary on some days but on some others it's preferable if you can be here many times during the course of the day. My conservative estimation has this mock offseason lasting about 5 weeks from the moment we have 32 GMs, which can also take a while. Might take longer but probably not less. We'll try to keep high pace if possible but some unexpected situations can slow down this mock.

However, as we'd like to fill all 32 spots and this mock can last at least 5 weeks, it's not absolutely necessary that GM is present here for the whole period. GM can ask someone else to handle, for example, the draft or RFA-signings for him/her as he/she can't be here during that time but will otherwise be active.

In the post where you'll announce your entry to this mock (or another post), you'll update the following information throughout the mock:

- Total cap/cap space
- All players under contract
- List of notable players whose rights the team owns (recent high picks and players whose stock has risen since being drafted)
- Cap hits for all players
- NHL roster (cap and roster purposes)
- All draft picks owned
- Total number of contracts (team can't have more than 50 players under contract)
- List of every transaction made. Includes signings, trades, picks, players picked/lost in expansion draft etc

An example of a good layout to copy can be seen in this post by cody or in this by lonewolfe who originally made it. That post will be updated throughout the mock (or post in an other thread as we go through multiple ones during this mock), preferably before the next move is made so all necessary information to approve the transaction can be found in that post. At first it takes little time and work to collect all the information (most/all of the necessary information can be found on capfriendly) but it's easy to keep it updated and it will avoid confusion. Post #2 will have the team/GM lists and links to roster posts.

Salary cap is set at 73 million. Under no circumstances, can team do a transaction that will go over it. They'll be automatically rejected. Due to upcoming UFAs making it straight to UFA and no one having their rights, teams can be under the cap floor of 57 million; but every team has to be over it by the time waivers are done. Teams aren't allowed to go over 50 contracts either. A minimum of 20 (at least 12F, 6D, 2G) and maximum of 23 player NHL rosters are required.

Any player or their rights can be traded and picks can be traded between GMs, including compensation picks (more on them later) except for players who signed an offer sheet (whether matched or not) nor can any trades happen between real teams before the expansion draft is over. Signed UFAs can't be traded either. Teams only own draft picks for 2016. For purposes of this mock, teams don't have any picks 2017 or later and they can't be traded, save for compensation picks.

Contract committee

We will have special contract committee that will decide/approve all offer sheets and RFA/UFA signings. It consist of at least 5-6 GMs (the more the better) who together vote for what the best offer is. If GM has clear bias on a player, he/she will be excluded on deciding the fate for that player. An obvious example would be he/she's trying to sign that player or his/her player is under offer sheet threat. Or in situations where GM X is in contract committee and is in final two for signing Steven Stamkos. GM Y is the other. GM Y also has offer for Alexander Radulov. GM Y doesn't have cap space for both players. By supporting GM Y's offer for Radulov, GM X would increase his/her own chances to sign Stamkos. Thus GM X is excluded on contract committee for both players.

This isn't that much different from last year, with the exception that all contracts will be handled this way. Last year we didn't have named contract committee but not many posters were active in RFA re-signings, which needed 5 approvals from GMs of other teams. Contract committee members are expected to be active in most, and preferably all contracts signed during this mock, save for the ones they are excluded.

Contract committee will discuss on contracts made after the final offers have been made as long as necessary to get an agreement, unanimous decision, majority or vote to determine contract, depending on situation. Contract committee members can decide on where player would go or whether he would agree to a contract based on factors like location, team history, connections, contract offered, team direction and competitiveness and so on. Basically what they think the player would do and/or what he/she would do if he/she were in that players position.

Contract committee members can give their opinions on players before/during the offer sheet/FA period.

For example, I might think that Stamkos wants to play center and on a good team (now). Money is important but not the most important thing. Thus teams that want him as winger are at disadvantage even if they offer him the most money and I won't likely have Stamkos going there. Especially if team is competitive. Same could apply to say, Toronto, if they won't make other significant moves during this mock and won't have good team.

Or MacKinnon offer sheet. I might think that he wants to stay with the Avs and offer would have to be exceptional for me to think that he would sign it and even then I might not necessarily think he wants to sign the offer sheet.

Another example. I might (just an example, not saying I will) think Trouba doesn't particularly like to play in Canada and wants to be closer to home and thus might me more agreeable for offer sheets from teams near Michigan than Canadian teams even if Canadian teams offer the most money.

Or one might think that Okposo will go to the highest bidder without caring about anything else. I'll let people know my thoughts on major UFA/offer sheet targets when the time comes and it's recommended that other contract committee members will do the same, if possible. For me personally, I can be persuaded to change my opinion on many things; up to GM to change my mind. For many offers it will come down to money, though.

Contract committee has 6 members so far. IC, Hench, Aslan, forsbergavs32, lonelybadger and TV. We would like to have 1 more. It shouldn't be hard job. If you can help here, please let us now as you enter the mock.

Expansion draft

- Expansion teams will take 25 players in total of which 18 have to be on the opening night roster. These 18 players can't be traded, waived or bought out. At least one player has to be taken from every team in the expansion draft.

- Expansion teams aren't allowed to trade with each other during this mock.

- Expansion teams will take 25 players, no more, no less. At least one player has to be taken from every real team but no more than two. 18 of them have to be in the final roster and have combined cap hit of at least 53 million. Just going for cheap players doesn't cut it. Careful planning needs to be taken to build best possible team for expansion teams purposes and reach at least 53 million cap for those 18 players. That is little under 3 million per player, so keep track of the cap when you take players so that you don't need to take bad contracts at the end of the mock. There would still be room for couple of big UFAs and few roster filling players, both in cap space and roster spots. But the expansion draft will largely determine the look of expansion teams.

- That 53 million minimum cap hit is for 2016-2017 season. Not this season. So expansion teams can take, say, 48 million in cap hits for 15-16 season for 18 players. But they have some players who are RFAs. Then they just have to make sure that they'll pay those players enough that cap hits for all 18 players will be over 53 million for 16-17 season.

- At least 1G, 5 D and 10 F taken in the expansion draft must be on the final roster.

Entry Draft

Because we have 2 extra teams and fair amount of compensation picks, the entry draft will last only 6 rounds.

This mock draft will follow the order of reverse standings after regular season is over. Except as mentioned, expansion teams will pick #4 and #5 in the first round and #1 and #2 in the following rounds. The real draft lottery (held April 16th) will be April 30th; too late for our mock. I'll run the draft lottery before the mock officially starts and it will determine the order of lottery picks in this mock.

Conditional picks traded in real life will not be put in use if conditions haven't been filled at the end of regular season. For example, Calgary Flames will get 2nd round pick from the Stars no matter what happens in the playoffs.

There will be a time frame available to make your pick, if you cannot make the pick in that time frame, a player will be selected for you ( highest ranked North American skater available by central scouting). We all know that people sleep, so there will be a tad bit of leeway overnight. Now obviously everybody can't take the max limit of hours or we would never finish, so please pick as soon as you are ready. For any traded picks during the draft, the clock will not reset. Time frame is five hours for 1st round picks. Three hours for 2nd and two hours for 3rd round picks. Only one hour for all picks after that. This is open to changes, depending how fast or slow the draft goes and is pretty much guaranteed to change at some point so watch out for that. If your pick goes auto-mock, player will be selected for you, every pick after that will also go auto-mock unless you announce that you will make your next pick. This is done to speed up the draft process, especially in later rounds. The draft clock ticks between 7AM and 10PM MDT. You are allowed to make your pick outside that time frame and it's advisable if you can do it.

If you can't make your pick in time, it's ok, it happens (I'm Finnish so I assume I'll miss a pick or too if I haven't traded them all). If you know you can't make your pick in time, PM me, TV or Hench with a list of players you'd like to take there (assuming they are still available, otherwise we'll go with next CS NA player). Or you could leave that pick just to be chosen by someone else who agrees to do it for you. The more comprehensive list (in order of preference) you give, the better chance you get one of your players as many of them might be gone by the time your pick is gone. Obviously if there's only one pick between you, only 2 player list is necessary etc.

After you've made your pick, always, ALWAYS, PM the next poster that his/her turn is up. If previous poster didn't PM you and your pick was auto-picked, we can allow you to re-pick if the player you wanted hasn't been taken. Assuming you announce this pretty close to your draft pick position, not something like 20 picks later.

I'll update the post #4 with the picks and try to give info on OP on where the draft is going (mid-1st, early 4th etc.) but I'm not always here so check the final pages of the thread. Make sure your spelling is correct with the your draft pick names. To make sure, search for the thread on the player name you're going to pick to make sure the player hasn't already been taken. If you pick a player that has been already been taken and don't correct it immediately (and players name was spelled correctly when it was taken), there may be a punishment (that draft pick drops down by 5 spots).

Full draft list will be up in post #4 after the regular season is over.

Making offers for players, how UFA and offer sheets work

Offer sheet period is 48 hours as is each FA wave (open to changes). Main period is for 42 hours. During this period, offers can be withdrawn and pulled, back and forth. For the final 6 hours, offers can't be withdrawn, only increased and no new offers for players can be made that haven't gotten offer yet from that particular team. This is to avoid mess in the closing moments. Preferably only few offers per player are left at this point. If bidding on itself hasn't eliminated most bids, contract committee can exclude the worst bids. This can mean that there will be a break between the main period and the final period of the wave. We will also try to make sure that the final period will fit the schedule of remaining bidders.

During the FA/offer sheet period, especially during the final 6 hours, please let us know if you're 'done' in terms of increasing or making offers (latter doesn't apply to final 6 hours since it can't be done anyway) or if you're still going to be running for it. This is to help contract committee's work and also to let other bidders know if they have to prepare to increase their offers or pull out (except for final 6 hours when pulling out can't be done). This doesn't apply to the 3rd FA wave (more on that later).

Outside of posting contract cap hit, length and clauses, GMs can try some other ways to convince why the player should sign with them. Obvious one would be if that has actually happened in real life during this mock. Or GM can try to convince that veteran in his final days who hasn't won anything, is more likely to sign with his contending team than a rebuilding team who is also competing for that veterans service. Or Radulov is more likely to sign with the Avs for various reason that most of us are familiar with. Or team entering out of the rebuild might try to convince big UFA to sign with them because they had just traded their 1st round pick and best prospect for Luca Sbisa. That may not work but worth a shot for sure. Or something like that.

RFA re-signings

Teams post their offers to RFAs in the RFA signing period. In some cases it might be long-term contract, in some cases it might be just qualifying the player. In a case team qualifies a player, but contract committee thinks the player wouldn't accept the offer, the team would maintain the players rights but player remains unsigned. As the offer sheet period is already over, player can't be offer sheeted.

RFAs don't obviously have to be qualified. Unqualified RFAs would become UFAs. Capfriendly also has qualifying offer calculator.

RFA re-signing period lasts 24 hours. RFAs can also be re-signed during the draft (send PM to me, don't post them in the thread) or before UFA starts. If not signed before UFA starts, they will not be signed during this mock.

Free agency

As mentioned, every UFA will enter UFA bidding. This year, we'll do free agency in waves. First we'll have 5-10 biggest free agents (might be Stamkos, Radulov, Okposo, Yandle, Eriksson etc). Teams can make and withdraw offers for 42 hours, for the final 6 hours offers can only be increased. If there are more than few offers per player left they will be eliminated and so on. Same principle as with offer sheets. After that, committee will decide the best offers and we move on to the next 5-10 biggest UFAs. And repeat.

But for the next 5-10 free agents, we will do bit of an experiment. Everyone is again free to make offers but they will PM'd to me or other contract committee member(s). No one will know how much other teams are offering. Contract committee will discuss and vote on offers after 24-48 hours is done. We will try to make sure that at least one contract committee member won't make offers to any UFAs in this group, to eliminate obvious advantage. All offers would be PM'd to this GM. This might mean that good FA signs 2 yr deal at 3mil. Or that he's horrifically overpaid at 5 years, 7 mil per and no one else offered more than 2 years, 2 mil per. Contract committee doesn't have to accept offers for all UFAs during this period (league minimum for top 6 forward, for example), which would mean those free agent(s) would enter the final wave.

We will do the final remaining free agents (including undrafted free agents) the same style as the first two waves. All the remaining free agents will be signed in this wave. If not, they'll not be signed during this mock.

The list for remaining free agents will be big one but if one intends to sign a free agent that is not in it, the first offer has to be made for that player in the first 24 hours and that player can be added to the list or it can't be made at all for that player.

If UFA re-signs during the mock in real life, that player will still make it to the UFA in this mock. But as that player has actually signed a contract with that club in real life, contract committee has to take that into account if GM of the same team makes the same offer for him in UFA bidding. Personally, I'll support that re-signing in almost every possible scenario. On many cases I'll support re-signings if offer is similar with offers from other teams in UFA even if the player hasn't actually signed in real life.

Unsigned draft prospects.

Well, we know the case with Bleackley. Coyotes can decide whether to sign him or not, if they don't they'll get a compensation pick (#53). Unsigned draftees don't need approvals, they can be just signed save for few possible exceptions (like Vesey). 2014 drafted CHL players need to be signed or their rights will be lost. Same with college players who were drafted 2012. They can be signed at the same time as we'll do our RFA re-signings. If not signed, those players will re-enter the draft and are eligible to be drafted. Only 1st round picks can get compensation pick and all others except Bleackely are already signed/not eligible for compensation this year.

Buy-out period

Buy-out period will start after the entry draft, will last 24 hours, after which the free agency starts. This is the only time a player can be bought out. Buy-outs will follow the rules of current CBA unless otherwise noted. Buy-out calculator can be found here.

Bought out players will be free agents and eligible to be signed by every team except for the one that bought him out.

Depending on time constraints, buy-out period could be done simultaneously with remaining RFA re-signings.

Waivers

Teams can still make trades for 24 hours after UFA is over if needed.

Waivers will be done after UFA to finish off rosters. More information on waivers can be found on the following link. Capfriendly should also have waiver information on every player. If those aren't clear enough, ask, and you shall receive information on player's waiver statuses.

Waivers will follow reverse regular season standings, with the exception that expansion teams get to pick first.

As the waivers start, no trades or signings are allowed anymore. Teams post their NHL rosters and waiver eligible players not in them will be waived. Teams can't claim players if they have 23 players on the roster or if they don't have the cap space. All players will be waived at the same time. Time to put a claim on player(s) is 12 hours.

After waivers, mock is over and all rosters are done.

Some additional rules

Any transaction can be rejected if there isn't a reason to believe that it could actually happen (with these mock rules). Stamkos at max term and dollars could happen. Jagr at max term and dollars could not. One of the two Finns going first overall could happen. Unranked prospect no one has ever hear of could not. Evgeni Malkin could be traded for kings ransom. Evgeni Malkin couldn't not be traded for a 6th round pick. Oilers could blow it up. Hawks could not. And so on.

Players who are guaranteed or basically guaranteed to not play anymore are excluded for all purposes in this mock unless otherwise noted. These players include: Franzen, Pronger, Robidas, Clowe, Horton, Dupuis, Ohlund, Savard. We'll assume Lecavalier will retire, so he can't be signed nor can the Kings use him in expansion draft for minimum cap hit requirement. This applies for the Flyers as well.

If you have player on your roster who won't play anymore per a legit source, please let us know and we can expand the list.

Unless noted otherwise, we'll follow the rules of the current NHL CBA.

Hench, TV and me liked these rules but if you have additions, corrections, recommendations, feel free to give them.

We reserve the rights to change any rule during this mock. Especially the timelines are open to changes and some probably will change. I made some changes just last night (march 27th) but apparently those changes weren't saved for some reason so prepare for some minor changes/additions if you read this for the first time soon after this was posted.

If you need help or have questions, ask and you shall receive. Especially when it comes to the expansion draft. If you have general questions, ask them in the thread. If it's only about your team, use PMs.

Last edited:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Team lists/links to roster posts

NYR and LA are on auto-mock.

Las Vegas O'Briens: IC, roster
Anchorage Auroras: Pierce Hawthorne, roster

Anaheim Ducks: Zemgus26, roster
Arizona Coyotes: Skip2myBordyloo, roster
Boston Bruins: Zaddy Zads, roster
Buffalo Sabres: ArWKo, roster
Calgary Flames: landy92mack29, roster
Carolina Hurricanes: Congo Jack, roster
Chicago Blackhawks: Tweaky, roster
Columbus Blue Jackets: SEPH, roster
Colorado Avalanche: Joetrick Roykic, roster - work in progress.
Dallas Stars: Valar Morghulis, roster
Detroit Red Wings: UncleRisto, roster
Edmonton Oilers: CoachBadkitten, roster
Florida Panthers: AslanRH, roster
Los Angeles Kings: Auto-mock, roster
Minnesota Wild: henchman24, roster
Montreal Canadiens: BoxOfChocolates, roster
Nashville Predators: Dion68, roster
New Jersey Devils: FinPanda, roster
New York Islanders: xking23, roster
New York Rangers: Auto-mock, roster - most of the stuff missing.
Ottawa Senators: cody275, roster
Philadelphia Flyers: Lonewolfe2015, roster - total number of contracts missing
Pittsburgh Penguins: PAZ, roster
San Jose Sharks: forsbergavs32 , roster
St. Louis Blues: Newusername, roster
Tampa Bay Lightning: hockeyfish, roster
Toronto Maple Leafs: tigervixxxen, roster
Vancouver Canucks: VanillaCoke, roster - total number of contracts missing
Washington Capitals: lonelybadger, roster
Winnipeg Jets: Paneerboy roster

Teams without GMs will be auto-mocked. Auto-mocked teams will be run as follows:

- Use draft list like NA CS or other similar list for all of their draft picks
- RFAs will be signed to long-term contracts if reasonable, to use most of their cap space
- Will not sign UFAs
- Will not make trade calls to other teams (but will respond to them)
- If other teams want some players/prospects/draft picks on those teams, PM me. If it's good deal and makes sense (for both teams), we can do it.
- I won't make trades with auto-mocked teams and if they need someone to do their expansion protection lists, I'll ask some other GMs here to do it.
- If for some reason we'll have many teams that have to be auto-mocked, I'll ask some other poster(s) here to auto-mock team or teams.
- Are available for posters to take over and run them as their GM

Last edited:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
RFA list and previous UFA waves - see previous thread

Evaluated means the time of latest evaluation by contract committee.

Note that the max one can offer for Vesey and Caggiula (and other players who need ELCs) is 925K (and max bonuses, won't count against the cap in this mock).

Wave 4 - NOTE: UFA not on this list has to be the offered the first offer before Sunday; if no offers have been made before for UFA not on this list, no offers will be made for those players. Counteroffers can be made later, all the way till deadline.

There will NOT be final period with wave 4 UFAs. Monday noon MDT is the deadline for all offers.

One can make offers for 950K and under even if team doesn't have cap space for that; those players just wouldn't be on the final roster and would be waived.

[table="head;width=1000]Player|Offers|Signed
Lee Stempniak|SJ (3x3.75)|
Karri Rämö|MIN (1x0.75)|
Tuomo Ruutu||
Sam Gagner|DET (1x0.8)|
Dan Boyle||
David Jones||
Troy Brouwer|CAR (5x4M)|
Niklas Grossmann|||
Alex Tanguay|||
Rene Bourque||
Paul Gaustad||
Chris Kelly||
Boyd Gordon|PHI (1x1)|
Brad Richards||
David Legwand||
Michael Grabner|LV (1x0.95)|
Yevgeni Medvedev|WSH (3x1.5)|
Jamie McGinn|TBL (3x3), SJ (2x3), MIN (4x4)||
Tom Gilbert|LV (1x0.95)|
Steve Ott|OTT (3x2.5)|
Ben Scrivens||
Anton Khudobin|WSH (3x1)|
Nick Spaling|PHI (2x1M)|
Shawn Horcoff||
Kyle Quincey||
John-Michael Liles|LV (1x0.95)|
Nathan Gerbe||
Matt Bartkowski|PHI (1x1)|
Chris Stewart||
Trevor Lewis| DET (2x2)|
Dominic Moore||
Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau|||
Christian Ehrhoff||
Marek Zidlicky||
Nikita Nikitin|WSH (3x1.5)|
Eric Gryba||
Jason Chimera|(ANA) 1x2M|
Vernon Fiddler|MIN (1x0.9)|
Riley Nash||
Patrick Eaves|NSH (2x1.5)|
Viktor Stalberg||
Ben Lovejoy|ANA (2x1.25)|
Al Montoya|DET (2x1.5M)|
Dale Weise|LV (1x0.95)|
Matt Martin|BUF (3x1.65), PHI (3x1.725)|
Kyle Brodziak||
Mike Santorelli|NSH (3x1.5)|
Kyle Chipchura||
Chris Terry||
Stephen Gionta|||
Jordin Tootoo|||
Matt Cullen|PIT (1x1), ANA (1x1.25)|
Ryan White||
Kevan Miller|FLA (1x0.8)|
Steve Bernier|LV (1x0.95)|
Tomas Fleischmann|LV (1x0.95)|
Alan Quine|LV (2x1.25)|
Zack Kassian|LV (1x0.95)|
Scottie Upshall||
Jordie Benn||
Brad Boyes|LV (1x0.95)|
Colton Sceviour|FLA (2x1.25)|
David Schlemko|WSH (3x1.5M)|
Ryan Carter||
Tyler Kennedy|LV (1x0.95)|
Jamie McBain|LV (1x0.95)|
Jonathan Marchessault|ANA (1x0.9)||
Bickell||
Lupul|PIT (1x1)|
Bolland||
Jason Pominville|OTT (3x4M)|
Dennis Seidenberg|DET (2x3.5), BOS (2x3.5)|
Matt Moulson||
Michael Del Zotto|PIT (6x4M)|
Brooks Laich|WSH (3x1.5)|
Scott Hartnell|DET (2x3.5), PIT (2x3M)|
Robert Carpenter|NSH (3x0.65)|
Tyson Baillie|TOR (3x0.925)|
Alexis Pepin |CAR (3x0.675)|
Warren Foegele|CAR (3x0.695)|
Yushiroh Hirano|CAR (3x0.575)|
Michal Kempny|CHI (1x0.925)|
Tyson and Tylor Spink|FLA (2x0.6)
Brandon Denham|FLA (1x0.65), PHI (1x0.85)
Peter Mueller|PHI (1 x 850k 1-way)|
Bud Holloway|PHI (1 x 850k 1-way)|
T.J. Brennan|PHI (1 x 850k 1-way)|
Zach Trotman|DET (1x0.8)|
Ahti Oksanen|FLA (2yr ELC @ 850k)|
Nick Saracino| FLA (1 yr ELC @ 635k)|
[/table]

Wave 3

[table="head;width=1000]Player|Offers|Signed
Andrew Ladd||CHI (8x6.55, NMC)
Frans Nielsen||OTT (5x5.8, NMC yr 1-2, 10 team NTC years 3-5)
Eric Staal||NSH (4x5.25)
David Perron||ANA (3x2.75)
Jiri Hudler||AA (5x4M, 8 team NTC years 4-5)
Cam Ward||TOR (3x3)
Chad Johnson||VAN (3x3.5M)
Luke Schenn||DET (3x2.5)
Roman Polak||CBJ (5x4.5)
Shawn Matthias||ANA (2x1.5)
Darren Helm||CBJ, (4x3.4)

[/table]

Last edited:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Entry Draft

Draft order:

1: TOR - Auston Matthews
2: CGY - Patrik Laine
3: NSH - Jesse Puljujärvi
4: LV - Pierre-Luc Dubois
5: NSH - Matthew Tkachuk
6: EDM - Alex Nylander
7: CBJ - Olli Juolevi
8: WPG- Jakub Chychrun
9: ARI - Charlie McAvoy
10: AA - Mikhail Sergachev
11: MTL - Michael McLeod
12: COL - Julien Gauthier
13: NJD - Logan Brown
14: VAN - Jake Bean
15: CAR - Tyson Jost
16: BOS - Dante Fabbro
17: MTL - German Rubtsov
18: DET - Clayton Keller
19: AA - Kieffer Bellows
20: TOR - Vitalii Abramov
21: WPG - Max Jones
22: BOS - Pascal Laberge
23: AA - Alex DeBrincat
24: ARI - Tage Thompson
25: STL - Rasmus Asplund
26: TBL - Brett Howden
27: WPG - Riley Tufte
28: WPG - Luke Kunin
29: TBL - Libor Hajek
30: STL - Logan Stanley
31: WPG - Cameron Morrison
32: VAN - Tyler Benson
(2nd round)
33: COL - Lucas Johansen
34: TBL - William Bitten
35: TOR - Sean Day
36: EDM - Dennis Cholowski
37: CGY - Kale Clague
38: CBJ - Simon Stransky
39: CGY - Frederic Allard
40: WPG - Samuel Girard
41: ARI - Chad Krys
42: AA - Carl Grundstrom
43: DET - Markus Niemeläinen
44: COL - Nathan Bastian
45: NJD - Carter Hart
46: NSH - Filip Gustafsson
47: CAR - Taylor Raddysh
48: ARI - Sam Steel
49: WPG - Dillon Dube
50: DET - Cam Dineen
51: MTL - Jacob Cederholm
52: PHI - Adam Mascherin
53: LV (via ARI, Bleackley compensation) - Jonathan Dahlen
54: LV - Adam Fox
55: NSH - Jordan Kyrou
56: NSH - Lucas Carlsson
57: CAR - Evan Fitzpatrick
58: LA - Boris Katchouk
59: WPG - Vladimir Kuznetsov
60: FLA - Jacob Moverare
61: NSH - Dmitri Sokolov
62: TBL - Luke Green
63: STL - Jack Kopacka
64: WPG - Givani Smith
65: AA - Filip Hronek
66: TOR (Comp - OTT) - Ryan Lindgren
67: WPG (via CAR, Comp. BOS) - Noah Gregor
68: CGY (via BUF Comp - MIN) - Maxime Lajoie
69: PHI (via TOR, Comp - SJ) - Timothy Gettinger.
70: STL (via CAR ,Comp. NYR) - Trent Frederic
(3rd round)
71: PIT - Henrik Borgström
72: ARI - Joey Anderson
73: FLA - Zachary Sawchenko
74: EDM - Andrew Peeke
75: TOR - Josh Mahura
76: PHI - Mikhail Berdin
77: CGY - Maxime Fortier
78: CAR - Riley Stillman
79: ARI - Stephan Falkovksy
80: WPG - Mitchell Mattson
81: MTL - Matt Filipe
82: COL - Benjamin Gleason
83: TOR - Vojtech Budik
84: NJD - Victor Mete
85: CAR - Cliff Pu
86: DET - Otto Somppi
87: WPG - Cole Candella
88: NJD - Josh Anderson
89: OTT - Keaton Middleton
90: PHI - Yegor Korshkov
91: WPG - Ty Ronning
92: ANA - Janne Kuokkanen
93: WPG - Tyler Parsons
94: NYR - Wade Allison
95: NSH - Tyler Soy
96: EDM - Jordy Stallard
97: ANA - Dylan Gambrell
98: CHI - Igor Syvrev (Shyvyrov)
99: EDM - Brayden Burke
100: BUF - Eetu Tuulola
101: BUF - Jordan Sambrook
102: STL - Carsen Twarynski
103: PHI (Comp - ARI) - Otto Mäkinen
104: WSH (via CAR Comp - NJD) - Anatoly Golyshev
105: PHI (Comp - BOS) - Artur Kayumov
106: CAR (Comp - CHI) - William Knierim
107: BUF (Comp - WSH) - Hudson Elynuik
(4th round)
108: AA - Veini Vehvilainen
109: LV - Aapeli Räsänen
110: FLA - Rem Pitlick
111: ANA - David Bernhardt
112: VAN - Adam Brooks
113: CHI - Oleg Sosunov
114: CGY - Conner Bleackley
115: WPG - David Quenneville
116: NYR - Nicholas Caamano
117: BUF - Linus Lindstrom
118: MTL - Griffin Luce
119: TOR - Antoine Samuel
120: NJD - Beck Malenstyn
121: LV - Alan Lyszczarczyk
122: CAR - James Greenway
123: NJD - Gabriel Sylvestre
124: WSH - Mikhail Maltsev
125: DET - Nick Pastujov
126: BUF - Colton Point
127: DET - Patrick Bajkov
128: TBL - Connor Ingram
129: AA - Max Zimmer
130: NSH - Kasper Bjorkqvist
131: SJ - Tanner Kaspick
132: LA - Jeffrey De Wit
133: FLA - Matthew Cairns
134: WSH - Andrey Svetlakov
135: NSH - Jonathan Davidsson
136: PIT - Jordan Maher
137: STL - Jakob Stukel
138: DAL - Brett Murray
139: WSH - Vladislav Sukhachyov
(5th round)
140: AA - Connor Bunnaman
141: SJ - Ross Colton
142: ANA - Otto Koivula
143: EDM - Matthew Phillips
144: MTL - Anthony Salinitri
145: STL - Brandon Duhaime
146: CGY - Garrett Pilon
147: WPG - Travis Barron
148: ARI - Jonathan Ang
149: FLA - Mathias From
150: BUF - Jesper Bratt
151: WSH - Yegor Rykov
152: NJD - Filip Lestan
153: BOS - Jack LaFontaine
154: CAR - Oskar Steen
155: BOS - Brandon Gignac
156: BOS - Tanner Laczynski
157: DET - Stephen Dhillon
158: NSH - Connor Hall
159: PHI - Ondrej Kachyna
160: PHI - Ondrej Vala
161: PHI - Michael Graham
162: AA - Brogan O'Brien
163: NYR - Kyle Maksimovich
164: OTT - Artem Artemov (Artyomov)
165: CHI - Daniil Miromanov
166: WSH - Vasiliy Glotov
167: CHI - Domenic Commisso
168: PIT - Brandon Hagel
169: EDM - Yegor Babenko
170: DAL - Jacob Neveu
171: WSH - Maxim Lazarev
(final, 6th round)
172: TOR - Nathan Noel
173: LV - Kristian Reichel
174: ANA - Kristians Rubins
175: EDM - William Lockwood
176: DAL - Graham McPhee
177: CBJ - Marco Miranda
178: CGY - Sebastian Repo
179: OTT - Samuel Rossini
180: ARI - Jake Ryczek
181: FLA - Kenny Johnson
182: MTL - Brinson Pasichnuk
183: COL - Gustaf Westlund
184: NJD - Linus Weissbach
185: MIN - Manuel Wiederer
186: CAR - Mitch Eliot
187: BOS - Ondrej Najman
188: BUF - Joseph Masonius
189: DET - Michael Campoli
190: NSH - Keenan Suthers
191: FLA - Filip Berglund
192: TBL - Johannes Johannesen
193: LV - Tim Wahlgren
194: NSH - Mathieu Sévigny
195: NYR - Kevin O'Neil
196: FLA - Markus Nurmi
197: WSH - Marshall Rifai
198: WSH - Jamie Armstrong
199: OTT - Hayden Verbeek
200: PIT - Chase Priskie
201: ANA - Tim Hulstrand
202: DAL - Ethan Spaxman
203: WSH - Christopher Paquette

Last edited:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Transaction list/miscellaneous

Trade tracker

[table="head;width=1000]Team|Traded for||Team|Traded for
Anchorage Auroras|Picks #129 and 161||San Jose Sharks|Conditional on Anchorage selecting Paul Martin in the expansion draft
Las Vegas O'Briens|Pick #121||Ottawa Senators|Conditional on LV selecting Wiercioch
Las Vegas O'Briens|Pick #75||Vancouver Canucks|Conditional on LV selecting Luca Sbisa
Anchorage Auroras|Mark Streit, Scott Laughton and #52||Philadelphia Flyers|Jack Johnson, #161
Ottawa Senators|M-E Vlasic, Tomas Hertl, Mirco Mueller and Kevin Labanc||San Jose Sharks|Mika Zibanejad and Cody Ceci
San Jose Sharks|Mathew Barzal, Josh Bailey and #23||New York Islanders|Logan Couture
Boston Bruins|Sami Vatanen, Julius Nättinen||Anaheim Ducks|Brad Marchand
Ottawa Senators|Tuukka Rask, #56||Boston Bruins|Craig Anderson, Thomas Chabot, Chris Neil, #153
Ottawa Senators|Nino Niederreiter (366,667 retained), Mikael Granlund, Eric Haula, #124||Minnesota Wild|Kyle Turris, Colin White, Fredrik Claesson, #185
Nashville Predators|Dion Phaneuf, Alex Chiasson, #14||Ottawa Senators|Roman Josi, Colin Wilson, #89
Nashville Predators|Henrik Zetterberg and Axel Holmström||Detroit Red Wings|Vladislav Kamenev, Calle Järnkrok and pick #51
Philadelphia Flyers|Gustav Nyquist and Niklas Kronwall||Detroit Red Wings|Wayne Simmonds, Andrew MacDonald (1 million retained) and pick #127
Carolina Hurricanes|Miikka Salomäki and Austin Watson||Nashville Predators|#67
Pittsburgh Penguins|Joe Pavelski and Justin Braun||San Jose Sharks|Määttä + Sprong + Kunitz + #62nd + J. Schultz
Toronto Maple Leafs|Thornton (1M retained) + Meier||San Jose Sharks|Pittsburgh 1st (#29) + Kapanen
Florida Panthers|Brooks Orpik and Riley Barber||Washington Capitals|Dave Bolland ($1.500 retained), Logan Shaw and picks #162, #197, #198
Las Vegas|Jeremy Roy and pick #193||San Jose Sharks|Reid Boucher and pick #141
St. Louis Blues|#25, #70||Carolina Hurricanes|Paul Stastny (500K retained)
Carolina Hurricanes|Jimmy Howard||Detroit Red Wings|#86
New York Islanders|Colin Smith, Jack Dougherty and Matthias Ekholm||Nashville Predators|Nick Leddy, #130
San Jose Sharks|Calvin Pickard||Anchorage Auroras|Nikolay Goldobin, #23
Tampa Bay Lightning|Erik Gudbranson, #48||Florida Panthers|Jonathan Drouin, #26
Ottawa Senators|Travis Hamonic, Brock Nelson and Ryan Pulock||New York Islanders|Mike Hoffman, Marc Methot, Marc Borowiecki and #93)
Anchorage Auroras|#65 and Joffrey Lupul||Toronto Maple Leafs|#172
Anchorage Auroras|#61 and #95||Philadelphia Flyers|#52
Toronto Maple Leafs|Brooks Orpik||Florida Panthers|Milan Michalek, #73, #110
Anchorage Auroras|Eric Fehr, #60||Pittsburgh Penguins|#71
Tampa Bay Lightning|#29 and #62||San Jose Sharks|Matt Carle, Matthew Peca, #21, #91 and #160
Carolina Hurricanes |Clarke MacArthur||Ottawa Senators|Ryan Murphy, Sergey Tolchinsky, #104 and #164
Las Vegas O'Briens|Christian Fischer, #53 and Louis Domingue||Arizona Coyotes|Malcolm Subban, #72
Chicago Blackhawks|Ryan Murray, Kerby Rychel and Michael Paliotta||Columbus Blue Jackets|Niklas Hjalmarsson, Nick Schmaltz and Matt Iacopelli
Minnesota Wild|Max Pacioretty + Mike Condon + Pick #49||Montreal Canadiens|Charlie Coyle + Darcy Kuemper + Pick #17
Buffalo Sabres|Jonas Siegenthaler||Washington Capitals|#97
Anchorage Auroras|#19||Nashville Predators|#61, Nick Bonino
Winnipeg Jets|#27, #87, Nick Ritchie, Brandon Montour, Clayton Stoner||Anaheim Ducks|Dustin Byfuglien, Adam Lowry
Dallas Stars|Ilya Samsonov and #32||Washington Capitals|Valeri Nichushkin and #92
Toronto Maple Leafs|Sanheim + #20 overall||Philadelphia Flyers|Marner + #69 overall
Nashville Predators|Tobias Enstrom||Winnipeg Jets|Arvidsson, A. Carrier and #67
Nashville Predators|Kevin Bieksa, Joseph Cramarossa||Anaheim Ducks|Mike Riberio (0.75M retained), Anthony Bitetto
Calgary Flames|Sam Reinhart+Guhle+68+Gionta+Gorges+Siegenthaler||Buffalo Sabres| Giordano+Jooris+Shore+126+188
Vancouver Canucks|#32 + Brett Ritchie + Jamie Oleksiak + Roope Hintz||Dallas Stars|Alex Edler and #176
Anchorage Auroras|Dave Bolland(4.0M) + Michael Latta + Pick #162||Washington Capitals|Eric Fehr
Anaheim Ducks|Justin Williams (500,000 retained)||Washington Capitals|Brandon Pirri and Jacob Larsson
Tampa Bay Lightning|T.J Oshie at 2.5M||Mitchell Stephens, #54 and Ben Thomas|Las Vegas O'Briens
Nashville Predators|3rd overall + Brandon Sutter||Vancouver Canucks|Weber + Johansen +#14 + # 80
Nashville Predators|#5 Overall, #95 Overall||Anchorage Auroras|#10 Overall, #42 Overall and Axel Holmstrom
Winnipeg Jets|Julius Honka + Ilya Samsonov + Ales Hemsky and #31||Dallas Stars|Blake Wheeler
Anaheim Ducks|Jacob Larsson, Phillip Grubauer, Pick 92, Pick 97||Washington Capitals|Fredrick Andersen, Pick 134
Minnesota Wild|Tyler Myers + Alex Burmistrov||Winnipeg Jets|Thomas Vanek + Alex Tuch + Jordan Greenway +Kirill Kaprizov + #49
Winnipeg Jets|Joel Armia, Brendan Kichton and #179||San Jose Sharks|#21, Matt Carle, Rourke Chartier and Julius Bergman
Chicago Blackhawks|Barrett Jackman||Nashville Predators|#135
Columbus Blue Jackets|Nicolas Aube-Kubel and Robert Hägg||Philadelphia Flyers|Sonny Milano, #76
Winnipeg Jets|Hunter Shinkaruk and Oliver Kylington||Calgary Flames|Ilya Samsonov
Nashville Predators|Tommy Wingels, #55||San Jose Sharks|Tobias Enström (@ 5mil)
Ottawa Senators| Kevin Fiala||Nashville Predators|#46+ #56
Florida Panthers|Michael Stone||Arizona Coyotes|McCoshen, Brittain and #48
Montreal Canadiens|Jonathan Ericsson and #51 ||Detroit Red Wings|Alexei Emelin and #43
Montreal Canadiens|Nicklas Bäckström||Washington Capitals|Alex Galchenyuk, Michael McCarron and Nikita Scherbak
New York Islanders|Bryan Little||Winnipeg Jets|Anders Lee + Anthony Beauvillier + 93rd
Nashville Predators|Johnny Boychuk and pick #194 ||New York Islanders|Tommy Wingels and Yakov Trenin
New York Islanders|Bryan Little +Sebastian Collberg||New York Islanders|Bobby Ryan + Ryan Murphy + Mikael Wikstrand
Anchorage Auroras|Rocco Grimaldi||Florida Panthers|#60
Colorado Avalanche|Braden Holtby and John Carlson||Washington Capitals|Erik Johnson, Semyon Varlamov, Andrei Mironov, #151
Winnipeg Jets|Ryan Miller, Tate Olsen, #59, 64 and 80||Vancouver Canucks|Brandon Tanev, Chris Thorburn
Toronto Maple Leafs|#75||Las Vegas O'Briens|Connor Brown
Patrick Marleau, Michael Brodzinski, Dylan Sadowy and #91|Winnipeg Jets||San Jose Sharks|Anders Lee, Jan Kostalek and Julian Melchiori
Washington Capitals|Tanner Pearson, Braden McNabb||Los Angeles Kings|Matt Niskanen, Jay Beagle
Washington Capitals|Travis Hamonic #104 and #124||Ottawa Senators|Karl Alzner, Andre Burakovsky and Madison Bowey
Philadelphia Flyers|#160||San Jose Sharks|#191, #196
Anaheim Ducks|#142, #174, #201||Toronto Maple Leafs|Mike Ribeiro
Buffalo Sabres|Dylan Olsen||Florida Panthers|#149 + #181
Winnipeg Jets|Evan Cowley||Florida Panthers|Ondrej Pavelec and Travis Barron
Ottawa Senators| Jakub Forsbacka-Karlsson||Boston Bruins|Colin Wilson
New York Islanders|Zack Smith||Ottawa Senators|Linus Soderstrom
Chicago Blackhawks|Ryan Rupert||Ottawa Senators|#199
Ottawa Senators|#179||San Jose Sharks| Michael Keranen
Philadelphia Flyers|Jared Fiegl||Arizona Coyotes|R.J. Umberger and Phillippe Myers
San Jose Sharks|Joe Wegwerth||Florida Panthers|#191 + #196
New York Islanders|Frederik Andersen + Marcus Johansson + Nathan Walker||Washington Capitals|Nikolai Kulemin + Mikhail Grabovski + Yakov Trenin + Ilya Sorokin
Boston Bruins|Thomas Greiss||New York Islanders|Peter Cehlarik
New York Rangers|Marcus Kruger, Dennis Gilbert||Chicago Blackhawks|Jesper Fast
Detroit Red Wings|Dion Phaneuf (1mil retained)||Nashville Predators|Andrew MacDonald
Washington Capitals|Dmitri Kulikov, Quinton Howdev||Florida Panthers|Erik Johnson, Michael McCarron
Carolina Hurricanes|Erik Johnson, Milan Michalek||Florida Panthers|Haydn Fleury, Roland McKeown
Pittsburgh Penguins|Robin Lehner, Mark Pysyk, Johan Larsson||Buffalo Sabres|MA Fleury, Derrick Pouliot
Detroit Red Wings|James Neal||Nashville Predators|Justin Abdelkader (250K retained) + Ryan Sproul
Florida Panthers|Eric Nyström||Nashville Predators|Jakub Kindl
Philadelphia Flyers|Brandon Sutter, Petter Granberg||Nashville Predators|Radko Gudas, Nick Schultz
Philadelphia Flyers|MacKenzie Weegar||Florida Panthers|Petr Straka
Anaheim Ducks|Tanner Lane||Winnipeg Jets|Nate Thompson, Kevin Roy
Washington Capitals|All the Russians + Seabrook||Chicago Blackhawks|Hamonic, Vrana, Winnik, Chorny, Lexington, Djoos, and Marshal Rafai
||||
||||
||||
||||
||||
||||
||||
||||
||||
||||
||||
||||
||||
[/table]

Buy-outs
CHI: Bickell, 1M cap penalty
AA: Lupul, 1.5M. Bolland, 1.333M
FLA: Bolland, 500K (bought out by AA)
MIN: Jason Pominville, 878K
BOS: Dennis Seidenberg, 1.167M
BUF: Matt Moulson, 2.889M
PHI: Michael Del Zotto, 542K
TOR: Brooks Laich, 1.833M. Jared Cowen, -650K (650K cap credit)
CBJ: Scott Hartnell, 1.2M

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I'll bring my roster over to start things off here.

:wings

Forwards:
NEAL, James $5,000,000 (UFA 2018)
SIMMONDS, Wayne $3,975,000 (UFA 2019)
HARTNELL, Scott $3,500,000 (UFA 2018)
TATAR, Tomas $2,750,000 (RFA 2017)
ELIAS, Patrik $2,000,000 (UFA 2017)
JÄRNKROK, Calle $2,000,000 (UFA 2019)
SHEAHAN, Riley $2,000,000 (RFA 2018)
LEWIS, Trevor $2,000,000 (UFA 2018)
LARKIN, Dylan $925,000 (RFA 2018)
JURCO, Tomas $900,000 (RFA 2017)
MANTHA, Anthony $863,333 (RFA 2018)
ATHANASIOU, Andreas $628,333 (RFA 2017)
GLENDENING, Luke $628,333 (UFA 2017)

Defensemen:
PHANEUF, Dion $6,000,000 (UFA 2021)
GREEN, Mike $6,000,000 (UFA 2018)
DEKEYSER, Danny $4,500,000 (UFA 2021)
EMELIN, Alexei $4,100,000 (UFA 2018)
SEIDENBERG, Dennis $3,500,000 (UFA 2018)
SCHENN, Luke $2,500,000 (UFA 2019)
MARCHENKO, Alexei $1,000,000 (RFA 2018)
OUELLET, Xavier $715,000 (RFA 2017)

Goaltenders:
MRAZEK, Peter $2,800,000 (RFA 2017)
MONTOYA, Al $1,500,000 (UFA 2018)

Retained Salary:
KINDL, Jakub $360,000
ABDELKADER, Justin $250,000

Buyout:
WEISS, Stephen $1,066,667

Datsyuk:
DATSYUK, Pavel $7,500,000

2016-17 Cap: $68,961,666/$73,000,000

Minor League Forwards:
SVECHNIKOV, Evgeny $925,000
KAMENEV, Vladislav $864,167
GAGNER, Sam $800,000
NOSEK, Tomas $735,000
TURGEON, Dominic $692,500
CALLAHAN, Mitch $660,000
TANGRADI, Eric $650,000
BERTUZZI, Tyler $645,000
NASTASIUK, Zach $639,167
FRK, Martin $639,167

Minor League Defensemen:
LASHOFF, Brian $800,000
TROTMAN, Zach $800,000
RENOUF, Dan $767,500
SAARIJÄRVI, Vili $692,500
RUSSO, Robbie $680,000
HICKETTS, Joe $588,333
JENSEN, Nick $587,500

Minor League Goaltenders:
COREAU, Jared $750,000
PATERSON, Jake $628,333

Contracts: 42/50.

Unsigned Prospects:
BAJKOV, Patrick
EHN, Christopher
KADEYKIN, Alexander
KELLER, Clayton
MARSH, Adam
MCKEE, Mike
MELEN, Hampus
PASTUJOV, Nick
PEARSON, Chase
POPE, David
SOMPPI, Otto
VÄHÄTALO, Julius

CAMPOLI, Michael
DE HAAS, James
DINEEN, Cam
HOLWAY, Patrick
NIEMELÄINEN, Markus

DHILLON, Stephen
PERRY, Chase
VAN POTTELBERGHE, Joren

Shot into Space:
FRANZEN, Johan

Draft Picks:
#18 (Clayton Keller), #43 (Markus Niemeläinen), #50 (Cam Dineen), #86 (Otto Somppi), #125 (Nick Pastujov), #127 (Patrick Bajkov), #157 (Stephen Dhillon), #189 (Michael Campoli)

Last edited:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Canes take Evan Fitzpatrick.

LA takes Boris Katchouk.

for future reference, post #4 has a list of teams that will be auto-picked. panthers weren't supposed to be auto-picked.

Last edited:

FinBruin

Apr 12, 2016
Bringing this from old thread.

:nashville

NHL Roster:

Forwards salary: 32,558m

Abdelkader(4.0) - E.Staal (5.25) - Okposo "A" (7.0)
Zetterberg "C" (6.083) - Fisher (4.4)- Puljujarvi (925k)
Tkachuk (925k)- Bonino (1.8) - Chiasson (1.2)
X - X -Bourque (975k)

D-men salary: 26,04m

Leddy "A" (5.5) - Boychuk "A" (6.0)
Kindl (2.040) - Gudas (2.25)
MacDonald (4.0)- Bieksa (4.0)
Schultz (2.25)

Goalie salary: 7,75m

Rinne (7.0)
Mazanec (750k)

Non-roster players:
Sproul Ryan
Alm, Johan LD *Smart two-way defenseman, with great size*
Aberg, Pontus LW *Boom or bust, needs time to develope*
Richard, Anthony C *Steal from 4th round. Small but gifted center*
Murphy, Trevor LD *Offensive D, marked 32 points as a rookie in AHL*
Gortz, Max RW *Big and strong winger*
Aronson, Taylor RD *Aronson is a defenseman with solid all-around ability. Has good size and a decent shot, as well as a solid first pass. Excels on the powerplay.*
Gaudreau, Frederick C *Undrafed center, solid two-way forward*
Reinhart, Max C *Speedy center, with good skillset*
Cramarossa C
Sokolov Dmitri C/W
Filip Gustavsson G
Jordan Kyrou C/RW
Lucas Carlsson D
Tyler Soy C

34/50 contracts

Retained salaries/Buyouts: Clune 283.33k, Stalberg 666.67k, 750k Ribeiro, 750k Enstrom, Phaneuf 1m

19 players in roster

Cap: 69,798m/73m

Draft 2016 :
VAN 1 #3 Jesse Puljujarvi RW 6"3 201lbs Karpat Finland
AA 1 #5 Matthew Tkachuk LW 6"1 196lbs London Knights OHL
OTT #46 Filip Gustavsson G 6"2 185lbs Lulea HF SHL
SJ 2 #55 Jordan Kyrou C 6"0 184lbs Sarnia Sting OHL
OTT #56 Lucas Carlsson D 6"0 190lbs Brynas IF SHL
CHI 2 #61 Dmitri Sokolov C 6"1 205lbs Sudbury Wolves OHL
AA 3 #95 Tyler Soy C 6"0 178lbs Victoria Royals WHL
NYI 4 #130 Kasper Bjorkvist LW 6"1 198lbs Blues U20 Finland
CHI 4 #135 Jonathan Davidsson RW 5"11 185lbs Djurgardens IF SHL
NSH 5 #158 Connor Hall D 6"2 192lbs Kitchener Rangers OHL
NSH 6 #190 Keenan Suthers LW 6"7 220lbs USNTDP
NYI 6 #194 Mathieu Sevigny C 6"0 172lbs Drummondville Voltigeurs QMJHL

Trades/signings:
Josi, Wilson, 3rd <<>> Phaneuf, Chiasson, 1st OTT
Jarnkrok+Kamenev+2nd<<>> Zetterberg+Holmstrom
Salomaki+Watson<<>>BOS 2nd #67
Smith+Ekholm+Dougherty<<>> Leddy+4th NYI
1st #19<<>> Bonino+2nd #61
Filip Forsberg<<>>BUF 1st #10, 2nd #42 3rd #80 (RFA OS)
Arvidsson+Carrier+2nd #67<<>> Toby Enstrom
Ribeiro (750k retained)+Betitto<<>>Bieksa Cramarossa
Jackman<<>> CHI 4th
Weber +Johansen+ #14+ #80<<>>#3 + Sutter
#10+ #42 + Holmstrom<<>> AA #5 + AA #95
Enstrom (750k retained) <<>> Wingels #55
Fiala <<>> #46+ #56
Wingels+Trenin <<>> Boychuk + #194
Phaneuf (1million retained)<<>> Andrew MacDonald
Neal<<>> Abdelkader (250k retained)+Sproul
Nystrom<<>> Kindl
Sutter+Granberg<<>>Gudas+Schultz

Okposo signed 7y/49m 7m AAV
E.Staal signed 4y/21m 5.25m AAV

Alm signed 2y/1,85m
Elliott signed 1y/975k
Arnoson signed 1y/875k
Reinhart signed 1y/750k
Puljujarvi signed ELC 925k 3y
Tkachuk signed ELC 925k 3y
Sokolov signed ELC 800k 3y
Gustavsson signed ELC 900k 3y
Kyrou signed ELC 925k 3y
Carlsson signed ELC 800k 3y
Soy signed ELC 750k 3y

Lost to expansion: Ellis, Saros

Last edited:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Canes take Evan Fitzpatrick.

LA takes Jack Kopacka.

for future reference, post #4 has a list of teams that will be auto-picked. panthers weren't supposed to be auto-picked.

you probably mean the Devils rather than the Panthers. That was all my fault. I thought by rule since they had been auto-picked already and there were no posts from the GM that it stayed on auto pick.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Las Vegas.

[table="head;width=1000]|LW|C|RW
Line 1:|Jussi Jokinen (4)|Teuvo Teräväinen (0,894,167)|Mike Cammalleri (5)
Line 2:|Mathieu Perreault (3)|Vlad Namestnikov (3.652)|Michael Frolik (4,3)
Line 3:|Matt Beleskey (3,8)|Cody Eakin (3,85)|Matt Read (3,625)
Line 4:|Matt Nieto (3)|J-G Pageau (0,9)|Shane Prince (1,75)
Extras:||Peter Holland (2,75)|Alan Quine (1,25)
[/table]

[table="head;width=1000]|LD|RD
Pairing 1:|Marco Scandella (4)|Jared Spurgeon (5,187,5)
Pairing 2:|Simon Despres (3,7)|Brendan Smith (2,75)
Pairing 3:|Patrick Wiercioch (3)|Jamie McBain (0,95)
Scratches:|Luca Sbisa (3,6)|[/table]

[table="head;width=1000]|G
Starter:|Andrei Vasilevskiy (0,925)
Backup:|Louis Domingue (0,9)
[/table]

[table="head;width=1000]Prospects|Position|Cap
Juuse Saros|G|0,692
Ville Pokka|D|0,925
Jeremy Roy|D|0,889
Christian Fischer|C/RW|0,883
Mitchell Stephens|C|0,839
Ben Thomas|D|0,69
Connor Brown|RW|0,687
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
[/table]

[table="head;width=1000]Unsigned Prospects|Position|Status
Gustav Possler|L/RW|SHL
||
||
||
||

[/table]

[table="head;width=1000]Player/Asset Traded|Team|Traded For
Conditional on taking Patrick Wiercioch in the expansion draft|OTT|#121
Conditional on taking Luca Sbisa in the expansion draft|VAN|#75
Reid Boucher, #141|SJ|Jeremy Roy, #193
Malcolm Subban, #72|ARI|Christian Fischer, #53 and Louis Domingue
#34, offer sheet|TBL|Vlad Namestnikov
T.J Oshie (at 2.5 mil)|TBL|Mitchell Stephens, Ben Thomas and #54
#75|TOR|Connor Brown
[/table]

[table="head;width=1000]Round|Pick|Selection|Original Team
1st|4|Pierre-Luc Dubois|
2nd|53|Jonathan Dahlen|ARI
2nd|54|Adam Fox|BOS
4th|109|Aapeli Räsänen|
4th|121|Alan Lyszczarczyk|OTT
6th|173|Kristian Reichel|
6th|193|Tim Wahlgren|SJ
[/table]

[table="head;width=1000]|
Other|Salary retention, T.J Oshie; 1.675M
Current Cap Hit|68.637
League Salary Cap/Minimum|$73,000,000/57,000,000
Number of Contracts|38
Players on Trade Block|Basically everyone is available but due to expansion rules, not willing to trade more than one 1F and 1D for now.
Team Needs|Young players (waiver exempt), prospects, picks. Willing to take cap dumps for right compensation.
Team Goals|
[/table]

Last edited:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
yes devils. damn, too little sleep, too much work.

it was a bit my fault too, i should've come out and said that devils will make their pick, as we handled that via PM. it's good that we have other people stepping up to keep this going.

To be fair, his first post came 2 hours after when he would have been auto-picked anyway.

and I'll have to be disgruntled with you for that Canes pick even if it came from a PMd draft list. I thought for sure he'd make it 3 more picks. :laugh:

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
To be fair, his first post came 2 hours after when he would have been auto-picked anyway.

and I'll have to be disgruntled with you for that Canes pick even if it came from a PMd draft list. I thought for sure he'd make it 3 more picks. :laugh:
What can I say after I got autoed?

I want to change the Devils pick to Carter Hart.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
What can I say after I got autoed?

I want to change the Devils pick to Carter Hart.

No, you are right, I take fault for all of that and I apologize. We've had a few GMs not participating via PM or updating RFAs etc, and I should have checked with IC first.

I'm sure IC will change that pick for you since he hasn't been taken yet. I can't do it or I would.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
No, you are right, I take fault for all of that and I apologize. We've had a few GMs not participating via PM or updating RFAs etc, and I should have checked with IC first.

I'm sure IC will change that pick for you since he hasn't been taken yet. I can't do it or I would.

fwiw, devils have sent me their RFA offers but i plan on having those all remaining RFAs approved at the same time; i still need offers from the blues and rangers.

i do plan on having all RFAs done before the draft is over. so that we could start UFA period next week. buyouts could be done during that first UFA period.

we probably can't have final UFA periods for weekend so we have to get bit creative or delay those UFA waves a bit. so i want this draft done preferably ASAP.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Just want to make sure it get updated in the draft list...me (Anaheim) and Washington made a trade in which I sent them 134, and got back 92 + 97

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
:leafs

CONTRACTS = 44

Forwards = 11 ($40.61M)
Stamkos (11.00)
Thornton (5.75)
Kadri (4.50)
Van Riemsdyk (4.25)
Bozak (4.20)
Komarov (2.95)
Ribiero (2.75)
Greening (2.65)
Matthews (.925)
Nylander (.894)
Soshnikov (.736)

Defensemen = 7 ($18.57M)
Orpik (5.50)
Rielly (5.00)
Gardiner (4.05)
Hunwick (1.20)
Marincin (1.00)
Zaitsev (.925)
Sanheim (.894)

Goaltenders = 2 ($7.15M)
Bernier (4.15)
Ward (3.00)

Retained Salary ($1.20M)
Kessel (1.20)

Buyout ($2.51M)
Laich (1.83)
Gleason (1.33)
Cowen (-0.65)

Total Cap: $70.04M

Retired/Exempt from Mock
Horton (5.30)
Robidas (3.00)

Minors = 23
Dermott (.925)
Hyman (.925)
Kaskisuo (.925)
Meier (.894)
Gauthier (.863)
Levio (.792)
Valiev (.778)
Johnson (.751)
Nielsen (.700)
Lindberg (.693)
Loov (.692)
Timashov (.691)
Brown (.686)
Bibeau (.655)
Leipsic (.653)
Campbell (.575)
Froese (.575)
Levio (.788) QO
Smith (.633) QO
Corrado (.696) QO
Stuart (.633) QO
Harrington (.633) QO
S Carrick (.660) QO
Sparks (.660)

Draft Picks

1 Toronto (1) C Auston Matthews
1 Philadelphia (20) LW Vitalii Abramov
2 Toronto (35) D Sean Day
2 COMP (66) D Josh Mahura
3 New Jersey (83) D Vojtech Budik
4 Colorado (119) G Antoine Samuel
6 Anchorage (172) C Nathan Noel

Transactions:

To Toronto: Joe Thornton (1M retained) + Timo Meier
To San Jose: #29 + Kasperi Kapanen

To Toronto: #172
to Anchorage: #65 and Joffrey Lupul

To: Toronto: Brooks Orpik
To Florida: Milan Michalek, #73, #110

To Toronto: Travis Sanheim + #20
To Philadelphia: Mitch Marner + #69

To Toronto: Pick #75
To Las Vegas: Connor Brown

To Toronto: Mike Ribiero (at 2.75M)
To Anaheim: Picks 142, 174, 201

Last edited:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
:panthers

NHL Roster - Cap Hit: 68.164 - Total Contracts 49
Jonathan Huberdeau (3.250) - Alexander Barkov 'A' (5.900) - Alexander Radulov (8.000)
Jonathan Drouin (.894) - Vincent Trocheck (3.250) - Reilly Smith (3.425)
Lawson Crouse (.925) - Nick Bjugstad (4.100) - Jaromir Jagr (4.000)
Eric Nystrom (2.500) - Derek MacKenzie 'A' (1.300) - Colton Sceviour (1.250)
Greg McKegg (.750) - Shawn Thorton (.600)

Brian Campbell (4.000) - Aaron Ekblad 'C' (.925)
Keith Yandle (5.750) - Michael Stone (4.750)
Michael Matheson (.925) - Alex Petrovic (1.050)
Kevan Miller (.800)

Roberto Luongo (4.533)
Ondrej Pavelec (3.900)

Buyout/Retained Salary/Buried:
D. Bolland (.500) (Anchorage buyout)
B. Boyes (.833) (Buyout)

Non-NHL Contracts
John McFarland LW (.893) - Requires Waivers
Connor Brickley LW/C (.700)
Dryden Hunt LW (.809)
Nick Saracino LW (.635)
Ahti Oksanen LW (.850)
Steven Hodges C (.685)
Kyle Rau C (.859)
Jayce Hawryluk C (.925)
Chase Balisy C (.635)
Tylor Spink C (.600)
Tyson Spink RW/LW (.600)
Michael McCarron C/RW (.863)
Juho Lammikko LW/RW (.718)
Riley Barber RW (.693)
Petr Straka RW (.850)
Haydn Fleury LD (.894)
Michael Downing LD (.820)
Jonathan Racine LD (.660)
Steven Kampfer RD (.613) - Requires Waivers
Roland McKeown RD (.776)
Linus Hultstrom RD (.793)
Joshua Brown RD (.658)
Brent Regner RD (.600)
Colin Stevens G (.710)
Mike McKenna G (.575) - Requires Waivers
Samuel Montembeault G (.726)

Rights Held
LW: M.Fiddler(NCAA)
C: K. Bachman(NCAA), M. Buckles(NCAA), P. Shea(NCAA), D. Malgin(Europe,2019)
RW: C. Wilkie(NCAA)
LD:
RD: T. Schemitsch(OHL,2017)
G: R. Bednard(NCAA), H. Fagerblom(Europe,2018)

2016 Draft Picks
1st - #26 - Traded to Tampa
2nd - #48 - Acquired from Tampa, Traded to Arizona
2nd - #60 - Acquired from Anchorage (originally Pittsburgh) - Jacob Moverare - D - HV71 SHL
3rd - #73 - Acquired from Toronto - Zachary Sawchenko - G - Moose Jaw Warriors WHL
4th - #110 - Acquired from Toronto - Rem Pitlick - C - Muskegon Lumberjacks - USHL
4th - #133 - Mat Cairns - D - Georgetown Raiders - OJHL
5th - #147 - Acquired from Winnipeg Travis Barron - LW - Ottawa 67's OHL
5th - #149 - Acquired from Buffalo - Mathias From - RW - Rogle BK SHL
5th - #162 - Traded to WAS
6th - #181 - Acquired from Buffalo - Kenny Johnson - D - Shattuck St. Mary's Prep - USHS
6th - #191 - Acquired from San Jose - Filip Berglund - D - Skellefteå AIK - SHL
6th - #196 - Acquired from San Jose - Markus Nurmi - LW/RW - TPS - Liiga
6th - #197 - Traded to WAS
6th - #198 - Traded to WAS

Transactions
- Jussi Jokinen lost to expansion draft
- TRADE: Dave Bolland ($1.500 retained) + Logan Shaw + #162, #197, #198 for Brooks Orpik + Riley Barber
- TRADE: Erik Gudbranson + #26 for Jonathan Drouin + #48
- TRADE: Brooks Orpik for Milan Michalek + #73 + #110
- RE-SIGNED: RFAs (9)
- Lapsed Player Rights - Y. Kosov, A. Delnov, E. Wittchow, B. Gallacher
- TRADE: Ian McCoshen + Sam Brittain + #48 for Michael Stone
- TRADE: Rocco Grimaldi for #60
- TRADE: Dylan Olsen for #149 + #181
- TRADE: Evan Cowley for Ondrej Pavelec + #147
- TRADE: Joe Wegwerth for #191 + #196
- RE-SIGNED: Jaromir Jagr (1 yr 4.000 + 1.500 potential bonus)
- SIGNED: Linus Hultstrom ELC (.793)
- SIGNED: Keith Yandle (6 years @ 5.750m AAV)
- TRADE: Dmitry Kulikov + Quinton Howden for Erik Johnson + Michael McCarron
- TRADE: Erik Johnson + Milan Michalek for Haydn Fleury + Roland McKeown
- RE-SIGNED: Brian Campbell (2 yrs 4.000 + 2.000 potential bonus)
- SIGNED: Alexander Radulov (7 yrs @ 8.000m AAV)
- TRADE: Jakub Kindl for Eric Nystrom
- TRADE: MacKenzie Weegar for Petr Straka
- SIGNED: Colton Sceviour (2 yrs @ 1.250m AAV)
- SIGNED: Kevan Miller (1 yr @ .800 AAV)
- SIGNED: Saracino, Oksanen, Spink-x2,

Last edited:

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
We have a trade!

:jets trade:

Brandon Tanev
Chris Thorburn

:nucks trade:

Ryan Miller
Tate Olsen
59th overall pick
64th overall pick
80th overall pick

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Weird.

GET YOUR ANDREW MACDONALD! PLAYED PRETTY WELL THAT LAST FLYERS GAME! DROP ME A LINE, WE'LL NEGOTIATE.

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
With the 59th pick, the :jets select...

vladimir-kuznetsov-of-the-acadiebathurst-titan-controls-the-puck-picture-id498754202

Vladimir Kuznetsov!

1 (8) : D Jakob Chychrun, Sarnia Sting, OHL
1 (21) : LW Max Jones, London Knights, OHL
1 (27) : LW Riley Tufte, Fargo Force, USHL
1 (28) : C Luke Kunin, U. of Wisconsin, Big-10
1 (31) : LW Cameron Morrison, Youngstown Phantoms, USHL
2 (40) : D Samuel Girard, Shawinigan Chataractes, QMJHL
2 (49) : C Dillon Dube, Kelowna Rockets, WHL
2 (59) : RW Vladimir Kuznetsov, Acadie-Bathurst Titans, QMJHL

Last edited:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
:panthers
With the 60th pick in the 2016 NHL entry draft, the Florida Panthers are proud to select:
from HV71 of the Swedish Hockey League

JacobMoverare_HV71-770x470.jpg

Jacob Moverare

PM Next

FinBruin

Apr 12, 2016
:nashville

are selecting on pick no.61 overall:

Dmitri Sokolov C Sudbury Wolves OHL
6"1 205lbs​

GM quote:​
"Dmitri Sokolov is BIG and fast forward, who can score goals. He's typical russian player loaded with skill to play in big games."​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad