Mock offseason - (NO POSTS IN THIS THREAD ANYMORE)

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Ok, so regarding the expansion draft, looking at my team I have no choice but to protect Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, Couture, Vlasic, Burns and Martin due to them all have NTC.

And Karlsson, Donskoi, Tierney are exempt from the expansion draft because they have 2 or less pro years (NHL, AHL), correct?

EDIT: I think I answered my own question by re-reading everything on the first one since Thornton and Marleau are the only 2 with NMC, NTC doesnt count

No, elite league seasons count as pro for players that old. Tierney however, are we going by two-year pro by this season and not next, since Zadorov is exempt? In that case Tierney would be exempt, yes?

risto is correct.

see rule clarifications L-O in the expansion draft section (i added letters to expansion draft clarification so it would be easier to reference them), especially rule O:

O - For purposes of this mock, games played in Europe count as professional games if they were played in the highest level league of the country (regular season and playoffs) and if they were played in the SHL, Liiga (FHL), KHL, NLA, DEL and/or Extraliga.

donskoi's draft year was 2010. he has played professionally every year since. he's not exempt from the expansion draft. for the record, this is not the same as in current CBA.

melker karlsson's draft year was 2008. he has played professionally since 09-10. not exempt either. both need to be protected or they will exposed (if agreement isn't made with expansion teams).

tierney is exempt.

marleau and jumbo are the only ones with NMC and thus autoprotected.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
since Florida is exposing Kindl, Detroit (Uncle Risto) can use his 360k retention towards his exposed salary

you're welcome :laugh:

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I will update the capitals stuff tonight. I apologize for the delay my new job apparently does not allow me to post on the work laptop and my phone is too small for the entire table.

If someone is needed on the ufa committee still I can do that as well. With their cap issues I don't see Washington getting too far into the fray so I can't see many conflicts of interest (except stamkos of course ;) )

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
i've contacted some posters on other forums on if they'd like to join but we'll see if nothing comes out of it. if you know such posters, please PM me.

doesn't look like this will be filled with just posters from this sub-forum.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I'm surprised. We have a lot of knowledgeable fans around here and this game doesn't really take much time, once a day of checking in and submitting picks should work.

E: Flyers page is up now. I know we haven't started yet since we haven't figured out expansions and whatnot, but whether I use it or not it'll be helpful.

Last edited:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
on a quick look... stars look ok.

sens are fine except they are little misleading as some UFAs are there on the roster. chris neil also has NMC 16-17 season... he has to be protected.

lonewolfe: ghost is exempt from the expansion draft. as is laughton. they were on amateur try-outs/didn't play enough games in 13-14.

and big thanks for the layout. it's fantastic.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
lonewolfe: ghost is exempt from the expansion draft. as is laughton. they were on amateur try-outs/didn't play enough games in 13-14.

Thanks, I should have looked further but thought I knew that off the top of my head. I guess I'll change the protected list up a bit further then, I wanted to expose most of their defense in the odd chance an expansion team would take one of the bigger contracts.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Thanks, I should have looked further but thought I knew that off the top of my head. I guess I'll change the protected list up a bit further then, I wanted to expose most of their defense in the odd chance an expansion team would take one of the bigger contracts.

change ghost for hägg (who needs to be protected, 3 pro seasons) and you can accomplish the same.

Think it should be all fixed now.

phillips, kostka and gomez are still on the roster right at the top. not that it matters that much since they aren't big UFAs and they end up on UFA list anyway but it's against the rules we've laid out.

also, it doesn't need to be done yet but when the expansion draft comes, you'll need to have everyone, including prospects, listed that you have exposed. including guys like claesson and wikstrand.

Last edited:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
So, is Laughton protected via our rules or am I missing something? He'd definitely be eligible to be drafted in the NHL's expansion draft, he played too many games last year as a Pro.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
So, is Laughton protected via our rules or am I missing something? He'd definitely be eligible to be drafted in the NHL's expansion draft, he played too many games last year as a Pro.

he's exempt. he has had only 2 pro seasons.

12-13 doesn't count as a pro season for him as he played only 5 NHL games and those AHL games were on a amateur try-out contract.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
he's exempt. he has had only 2 pro seasons.

12-13 doesn't count as a pro season for him as he played only 5 NHL games and those AHL games were on a amateur try-out contract.

Not to beat a dead horse here, it may just be the way I'm thinking.

So 14-15 he played 70 pro games. In 15-16 he's played 70. So is that not the 2 seasons he's required to have to be unprotected? Or are we ignoring the 15-16 season in this game?

Thanks for the clarification IC.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Not to beat a dead horse here, it may just be the way I'm thinking.

So 14-15 he played 70 pro games. In 15-16 he's played 70. So is that not the 2 seasons he's required to have to be unprotected? Or are we ignoring the 15-16 season in this game?

Thanks for the clarification IC.

that is just two pro seasons. he's exempt. not 3 (or more) seasons, as the 3rd season would start after the expansion draft. same reason why zadorov is exempt. has played 2 pro seasons, going into his 3rd pro season 16-17.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad