Mock Draft #5 by rey, Water Knight, and RR

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
:edmonton

The Edmonton Oilers are so proud to select from the London Knights of the OHL Bo Horvat

Oilers Draft 2013
1 (7)- Bo Horvat 6'0" 205
2 (37)-
2 (56)-
5 (128)-
6 (158)-
7 (188)-​

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
With the 9th overall pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, the :devils are proud to select

Shinkaruk-300x185.jpg

Hunter Shinkaruk of the Medicine Hat Tigers

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
new Dallas GM Jim Nill explains the pick this way...."with the Stars having acquired top end d-man in Joe Morrow from Pittsburgh, along with drafting Jamie Oleksiak in 2011, we felt we needed a scoring forward, and with New Jersey having stolen....er....i mean CHOSEN Hunter Shinkaruk one pick before us, we felt Max would perfectly fit our needs."

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
Shinkaruk is exactly who I wanted. Fits the Devils needs to a T.

I ALMOST took him for Calgary... I had just woken up from a nap, and saw that I was up.. I knew I was taking Monahan for Edmonton, so I did that. My brain at that point didn't register that there are International players available, so I was writing up that I was taking Shinkaruk for Calgary, then as I was writing his name it clicked that Lindholm was available. :laugh:

David Strorm

@ControlPuck
Aug 13, 2012
Manitoba
Just got home, really different draft so far. Some surprises, only though 10 picks.

RE Pittsburgh; I didnt know that we were supposed to PM Rey for teams, so I sent RR like 3 messages before I realized that I was messaging the wrong person. :laugh:

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
With the 11th overall pick, the :flyers are proud to select....From The Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds of the OHL...DARNELL NURSE
Nurse-Darnell-8.jpg

Scouting Report: Big, mobile defenseman who is a bit of a long-term project, but displays an emerging physically punishing game. An exceptional PK defender with quick starts/stops and a quick stick. Father played pro football. Donavan McNabb is married to his aunt. Very fluid skater with fine range, and displays playmaking abilities. Still needs to build his defensive game and edge. Reads situations well and can pass the puck tape to tape. Can throw punishing hits and use his reach. At this juncture, he plays it safe, and doesn't go out of his way to jump into the attack. There is excellent upside because he shows strong instincts in all three zones, has a good stick, and can dish while his wheels are churning. His improved up-ice work as puck carrier and passer has elevated him as a first rounder, and there is still time for him to build his offensive game.

:flyers 2013 Draft picks

11th(1st) Darnell Nurse D

OOEEL

Apr 9, 2012
Arizona
Gutted by the run on forwards.

With the 12th overall pick the Phoenix Coyotes select Alex Wennberg, forward from Djurgarden IF.

Wennberg.jpg

And can someone PM the next GM for me? I'm on my phone. Thanks!

Last edited:

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
Gutted by the run on forwards.

With the 12th overall pick the Phoenix Coyotes select Alex Wennberg.

And can someone PM the next GM for me? I'm on my phone. Thanks!

Gutted or not, he's still a helluva player!! Always good to get a player who can play all three forward positions very well, nice pick!!

Winnipeg has been PM'd.

OOEEL

Apr 9, 2012
Arizona
Yeah I'm still happy with getting him but I was thinking one of or both of the London kids would still be on the board, and possibly even Hunter.

With how the picks shook out I was between Alex and one other player(who I won't mention since he's obviously still on the board) but given said other player's recent playoff results I just couldn't pull the trigger on him.

Aela*

Wow, Jonathan Drouin has been selected 1st overall in 4/5 of our drafts... the other he was taken 4th.

Admittedly I probably should have taken Drouin at 3 :laugh:

Also apparently I didn't pm you guys with my teams, do you think I could still get one?

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
The only reason I took Drouin over Jones for Colorado is because they have no depth on Wing and a ton of depth at D. Drouin was just too good to pass up even tho Avalanche will take Seth at this year entry draft.

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
Admittedly I probably should have taken Drouin at 3 :laugh:

Also apparently I didn't pm you guys with my teams, do you think I could still get one?

We'll see what we can do, but no matter what, I can guarantee you'll get a team.

You mind-****ed me with the name change... I had to look at your post history to figure out who you are (Kaelanstorm for those wondering).. I swear your profile said "male" before.. or am I going crazy? Doesn't matter.. I'm rambling and quite tired.

Russia just got destroyed.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
:cbj With the 14th pick of the 2013 NHL Draft, the Columbus Blue Jackets are proud to select, from the Finnish Elite League, Defenseman, Rasmus Ristolainen (TPS)

Would like to have gone forward here but Risto is too good to pass up at this point in the draft.

Last edited:

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
:cbj With the 14th pick of the 2013 NHL Draft, the Columbus Blue Jackets are proud to select, from the Finnish Elite League, Defenseman, Rasmus Ristolainen (TPS)

Would like to have gone forward here but Risto is too good to pass up at this point in the draft.

^and i agree with this pick. as much as you'd like to see Columbus take all forwards with their three 1st rounders, you just can pass on Rasmus if he falls into your lap. he could even end up being your best defensive prospect, depending on how good Ryan Murray ends up being.

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004
:isles are proud to select ANTHONY MANTHA/LW/VAL D'OR (QMJHL)

1 (15) - ANTHONY MANTHA/LW/VAL D'OR (QMJHL)

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00