NHL Entry Draft: Mock Draft #1 by rey72335, Water Knight, and RR

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Recommendation for next time you guys have a mock; PM AND use the EMAIL feature. I'm pretty sure when you sign up you have to provide your actual EM. There is a feature that allows you to EM users without seeing their address. I'm guessing this will make phones buz in pockets. Probably speed things up. Just a suggestion.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Recommendation for next time you guys have a mock; PM AND use the EMAIL feature. I'm pretty sure when you sign up you have to provide your actual EM. There is a feature that allows you to EM users without seeing their address. I'm guessing this will make phones buz in pockets. Probably speed things up. Just a suggestion.

Considering the hassle, I'd really only do this if it becomes a common problem with someone or they haven't logged on for quite some time. It's not a bad idea at all, just not practical, especially considering many wouldn't need this at all.

Water Knight

Apr 11, 2012
The Wild are pleased to select with the 191st pick, from the Chicago Steel
:wild

C Thomas Ebbing

Draft Picks
(11) D Ryan Pulock
(41) RW Oliver Bjorkstrand
(79) D Samuel Morin
(88) C Luke Johnson
(101) D Wiley Sherman
(131st) RW Zack Mitchell
(161st)D Michael Brodzinski
(191) C Thomas Ebbing

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
Alright fellas, let's get this ******* draft done!!! The board should be fully updated, including stayinalive's corrections ;)
If you see anything else wrong, send a PM and i'll fix it asap.
I'll be sending PM's when it's your pick, so you better be ready!!

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
Looks like we'll be having a lottery to see who gets the Jackets. ;)

it's just all those 1st rounders they have and the high 2nd rounder that goes with it! :nod:

Montreal would be ok instead of Columbus.

Already pmed RR about having Columbus and Montreal... :laugh:

Winnipeg would be nice aswell.

we might have to have a lotto for Columbus and Montreal...they seem to have the most picks in the first 2 rounds. :naughty:

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
Fellas, what if we random'd off all the teams? We'd take 15 GM's (two teams per), and put your name TWICE in random.org to make an order of all 30.. After that we take all 30 teams and random them, so the team that has the same number you have is the team you get..

It'll change things up so people will have to make the right choices on what they think a team that they may not follow would need.. It would keep things fair instead of first-come-first-serve, which I don't think works that well when we're dealing with various time zones...

Thoughts?

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
Fellas, what if we random'd off all the teams? We'd take 15 GM's (two teams per), and put your name TWICE in random.org to make an order of all 30.. After that we take all 30 teams and random them, so the team that has the same number you have is the team you get..

It'll change things up so people will have to make the right choices on what they think a team that they may not follow would need.. It would keep things fair instead of first-come-first-serve, which I don't think works that well when we're dealing with various time zones...

Thoughts?

^seems fair...if there are any extra teams, i can take one due to the fact i have net access all day from work and home so therefore i would be able to make my picks on time...unless you are only allowing 2 hours between picks? :amazed:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I can probably get in on this if you do it again, especially if there's no trading.

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
^seems fair...if there are any extra teams, i can take one due to the fact i have net access all day from work and home so therefore i would be able to make my picks on time...unless you are only allowing 2 hours between picks? :amazed:

I think when all is said and done, it'll either stay at 5 hours or drop down to 4... The pre-mentioned 3 hour limit doesn't seem like enough considering people have work/school/sleep/time zones... And waiting 5 hours to end up auto-ing someone just seems like a waste..

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Just tell pm when Detroit are up. I have the steal of the draft if he's available

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Detroit are very proud to select Peter Cehlárik - Luleå, SEL

cehlarik_peter_kuriren.nu_3.jpg

0957b80ca3_2.jpg

I just hope he's wasn't taken. If he's not then he's for sure the steal of the draft.

Here's Detroit Draft

Bo Horvat- 17 overall
Marco Dano-47 overall
Martin Reway- 77 overall
Gustav Olofsson- 107 overall
Jackson Whistle- 137 overall
Amil Krupic- 167 overall
Peter Cehlárik- 197 overall

What you think of my draft for Detroit. I feel I did I great job as the gm of Detroit for this draft. If I'm not at least top 5 for the best draft. It would amaze me.

Last edited:

David Strorm

@ControlPuck
Aug 13, 2012
Manitoba

Thoughts?

Thats perfect, although I would prefer not having LA and NJ, as I've had them both drafts.

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
San Jose has been auto'd.. they receive Hunter Garlent..

Also, on behalf of Water Knight and the St. Louis Blues, I am proud to select Zach Hall.

And last, on behalf of RR and the Carolina Hurricanes, I am proud to select Evan Cowley..

**** yeah, three picks made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad