GDT: "Mo' Money Mo' Problems" -- NY Rangers @ Vancouver Canucks || Sept 26/13 7PM TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Good luck tonight you savages! Should be a doozy! From 1 Rangers fan good luck with Tortellini, he will make men out of the boys.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
It's okay.

It's only the internets.

You are safe. I think. :dunce:

Especially since it's the internet so there's only a 10% chance she's a real girl (80% it's a guy in a basement, 9% it's a dog and a 1% it's Taelin's specially trained note taking goat which may or may not be a girl goat).

Last edited:

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Especially since it's the internet so there's only a 10% chance she's a real girl (80% it's a guy in a basement, 9% it's a dog and a 1% it's Taelin's specially trained note taking goat which may or may not be a girl goat).

hZnDZLt.jpg

I'm a real girl giving you judgemental look.

I should sleep.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I'm a real girl giving you judgemental look.

I should sleep.

That's just what a man/dog/goat posing a girl would say, while pulling pictures off the internets. I've read about such things on those internets warning stickers.

BTW. is that a new haircut?

Last edited:

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver

I have a goat?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I imagine this game will be a bit more intense than the average preseason game given the coaches in play.

Hopefully Higgins, Bieksa and Garrison are back. Sitting Hamill/Sestito and both Alberts and Weber would be a pretty big boost.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
I imagine this game will be a bit more intense than the average preseason game given the coaches in play.

Hopefully Higgins, Bieksa and Garrison are back. Sitting Hamill/Sestito and both Alberts and Weber would be a pretty big boost.

Torts said he's playing all the starters today

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri

Based on what Torts has said about how he likes his last couple of pre-season games and this is the last game, I expect what we see tonight will be very indicative of the opening night roster. If anyone obviously making the team is out of the lineup it is to make room for one final battle for a spot. By the same token, if a kid isn't dressed he is in not under consideration to make the opening lineup unless further injuries/suspensions happen.

My guess is that if Alberts or Weber end up sitting then they are not in the running for a top 6 spot on the blueline. If they both sit I think Corrado has it won.

edit: ^^^^if what the above poster says is correct then we'll know the opening night roster tonight. I hope Corrado has won that top 6 spot.

Last edited:

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
I'm surprised this is even being debated. Corrado has been very, very solid in his own zone.
No way Torts sends him down in favour of Alberts or Weber.
IMO, Corrado has been as good as Tanev defensively and also brings some offensive skills too.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
@botchford: Torts: lineup for last preseason game will be as close to opening night as possible

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I'm surprised this is even being debated. Corrado has been very, very solid in his own zone.
No way Torts sends him down in favour of Alberts or Weber.
IMO, Corrado has been as good as Tanev defensively and also brings some offensive skills too.

It's not a debate in my mind. I agree he's been better than the other two.

What I wonder is if they will do what they did with Tanev early on. Have him as the true #7 but shuttle him between AHL and NHL so that he is getting the most icetime in all situations as possible. Personally I put him in as the #6 and waive one of Weber or Alberts.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Even if they aren't back. Sitting Alberts and playing only 5-d all game would also be a big boost. ;)

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
If that is the case I will be shocked to see Horvat in the lineup tonight. Maybe Shinkaruk?

I expect Gaunce and Shinkaruk may be get spots, though for Shinkaruk it will in all certainty be temporary until Booth and/or Kassian returns.

I think Gaunce will be given 9 games to show he can play 11+ minute a night in the NHL in a variety of situations. If he can he stays and if not he goes back to junior.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I expect Gaunce and Shinkaruk may be get spots, though for Shinkaruk it will in all certainty be temporary until Booth and/or Kassian returns.

I think Gaunce will be given 9 games to show he can play 11+ minute a night in the NHL in a variety of situations. If he can he stays and if not he goes back to junior.

I agree with this. Kassian's suspension probably gives Shinkaruk 5 games in the NHL regardless of Booth. Having both out creates room at the bottom for Gaunce or Horvat to get some time in the NHL, and Gaunce probably has the inside track to that.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Hey toots TPM (I don't want a broken arm), when you insert the lineups into your picture thing in the GDT, be sure to change Sportsnet to TSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad