GDT: "Mo' Money Mo' Problems" -- NY Rangers @ Vancouver Canucks || Sept 26/13 7PM TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Gilman said on air that tonight's roster will be very close to what the home opener will look like. So I guess that means Booth will be in a hospital room.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Gilman said on air that tonight's roster will be very close to what the home opener will look like. So I guess that means Booth will be in a hospital room.

You got me. I LOL'd.

Hopefully Shinkaruk, Horvat and Corrado take that as a confidence booster. Gaunce too, if he plays. :(

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
Hm, looks like Gaunce may sit.

Too bad. He's far more deserving than either of Sestito or Hamill, IMO.

I'm guessing that unless Horvat tears it up tonight, he'll be sent back. Gaunce may be given a few games in the reg season up with the big club.

Same with Shinkaruk. He's auditioning for a few reg season games as well since Kassian will be out.

I also think that Santorelli and Richardson are auditioning for 3rd/4th line centre roles.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
This might be the last game where they decide before the decide to send Horvat down, if that's the case, Gaunce could very well of secured his spot for 9 games

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Schroeder out 3 weeks according to Torts.

Plus it has been twice now he's called out Tom Kowal for not calling any penalties against them in preseason. Why is he calling out officials by name already?

Pre-season for officials as well. Just some constructive feedback from Torts to the league ;)

Seriously, I have no issue with it. It is beyond any reasonable comprehension that any ref can go three games without finding an infraction against the opposition.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I'm guessing that unless Horvat tears it up tonight, he'll be sent back. Gaunce may be given a few games in the reg season up with the big club.

Same with Shinkaruk. He's auditioning for a few reg season games as well since Kassian will be out.

I also think that Santorelli and Richardson are auditioning for 3rd/4th line centre roles.

I think Santo gets 3C has he has more offensive vision than Richardson.

Unless Higgins-Richardson-Hansen continue good chemistry then IDGAF.

Will we get a pp?!?!

What's a PP?

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Jason Botchford ‏@botchford 24 Sep

Torts: lineup for last preseason game will be as close to opening night as possible

And of course, both Shinkaruk and Horvat are playing. Booth is playing as well.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
I think Santo gets 3C has he has more offensive vision than Richardson.

Unless Higgins-Richardson-Hansen continue good chemistry then IDGAF.

Tortorella seems to really like Santorelli too. I see him starting the season in the 3C spot unless he has a terrible game tonight.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
What I'd like to see...

Sedins-Burrows
Shinkaruk-Kesler-Booth
Hansen-Horvat-Higgins
Sestito-Richardson-Santorelli

(in no particular order)
Garrison-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Corrado

If Horvat isn't in the top 9 than I don't see a reason to keep him in the bigs.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Garrison sits and is clearly on the team so it's Corrado Vs Weber for the #6 spot. You have to think Corrado is in the lead for that battle and a strong game tonight should cement it for him.

I believe this game is on the NHL Network as well so I believe that makes it every canuck pre-season game being broadcast in the States this year (maybe 5?)

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Sometimes after the opponent is winning by a lot they give us a pitty powerplay

IW8simF.gif

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I think the strategy on Horvat and Shinkaruk is pretty clear. Get them each a couple of NHL games' experience before sending them back to junior, dominating their respective leagues, and representing Canada at the WJCs. It'd give them a heck of a confidence boost among other things.

hackey

Oh Did I Offend You
Aug 18, 2003
That's Too Bad
Visit site
Thinking that Kesler will be in his most dominant Beast mode tonight, this especially playing against his old coach

Kesler over Av's tenure was the most pointed out as having a bit of a conflict with each other

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
I think the strategy on Horvat and Shinkaruk is pretty clear. Get them each a couple of NHL games' experience before sending them back to junior, dominating their respective leagues, and representing Canada at the WJCs. It'd give them a heck of a confidence boost among other things.

Yeah, I'd imagine that, after a few games in the NHL, juniors must seem like a joke speed-wise.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I expected a little more energy out of him to be honest, didn't expect alot of hitting , but just some energy and a little more hustle.. either way i will be happy with him on the 4th line, just no chance i want to see him near the 3rd line. which was rumored for a bit

Agreed on that count.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I'm excited to see Booth play tonight. He brings a dimension to this team that other players don't and this team badly needs a top 6 guy who can pot 20 plus goals.
I feel like we just made an off season acquisition of a top 6 guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->