GDT: "Mo' Money Mo' Problems" -- NY Rangers @ Vancouver Canucks || Sept 26/13 7PM TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I'm surprised this is even being debated. Corrado has been very, very solid in his own zone.
No way Torts sends him down in favour of Alberts or Weber.
IMO, Corrado has been as good as Tanev defensively and also brings some offensive skills too.

I'm surprised that there is a debate as well. This team takes too many penalties and Alberts is one of the worst offenders. He looks to have lost another step if that is even possible. Playing Corrado gives us a much better chance of winning and Torts is on record as saying that the young guys will be given a chance. Corrado has won the spot so it's time for managemnt to play the better player.

Pseudonymous*

I will be LIVID if Corrado isnt' on opening night

Better player, less penalties, way higher upside, this is as easy of a decision as it can get. I will lose all faith in this team if they choose either Weber or Alberts over him

I dont care what they do with the rest of the lineup, just get this one thing right

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
You gotta think Horvat/Gaunce/Richardson now are auditioning for that third line spot for real. Before I firmly believed JS had the inside track, but with his injury there is a definite opening. Wonder who plays with Higgins and Hansen tonight

Last edited:

Pseudonymous*

I haven't been too impressed by Richardson, hes supposed to be earning a spot and this is what hes giving ? I would expect to see him standout a bit more

I know a couple kings fans who liked him but im not seeing it yet

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
That's just what a man/dog/goat posing a girl would say, while pulling pictures off the internets. I've read about such things on those internets warning stickers.

BTW. is that a new haircut?

Yes thank you for noticing.

Your female companion must have taught you well.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
On Corrado:

Mutiny if he isn't in the lineup come opening night. There is no conceivable argument to be made that Alberts and/or Weber have been better. By all means, retain one of those two (Weber) as the 7th man, but based on their play and overall games, Corrado should have a full-time spot locked up until such time as his play costs him that spot.

On the 3rd Line C:

I think it was pretty clear that the Canucks wanted Richardson to take this ball and run with it. While he has been OK and looks like an above-average fourth liner, he has not set himself above the rest of the pack as the 3rd Line C. Contrast with Horvat who has been continuously improving since the start of camp, and even Mike Santorelli, who has been arguably the best of all the non-returning roster players at this camp, and I think Richardson will and should start the season on the fourth line.

In an ideal world, Horvat and Shinkaruk get to play a couple of games and head back to junior with that experience under the belt once our lineup is healthy/unsuspended.

Gaunce is a bit trickier. I think he deserves a look as the fourth line wing to begin with, with Sestito sitting. Sestito is not a guy who deserves to play every night (if at all), and Gaunce has had a strong enough camp and exhibited a well-rounded enough game to earn a shot from where I sit. He also faces long odds to make Team Canada for the WJCs, which is really the only reason to send him back to junior from an experience-POV. He's accomplished about all he can in the OHL, and with Sutter being lukewarm-to-cold on him regarding his chances for Team Canada, his development may well be better served by plying his trade in the NHL. At least for a while.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
RT @mattsekeres: We'll have @GMMikeGillis at 12:45 p.m. PT today. Also plan on taking Tortorella and Vigneault press briefings live.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri

Expected given they said he did have a break. Sucks for him to be sure as he gets to start the year hurt after playing almost the entire season last year hurt (separated his shoulder 6 or 7 times he said).

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I haven't been too impressed by Richardson, hes supposed to be earning a spot and this is what hes giving ? I would expect to see him standout a bit more

I know a couple kings fans who liked him but im not seeing it yet

He's the type of player who really isn't supposed to be noticeable and just quietly goes about his job and you hope for some offense from him every now and then. I'd say he's been exactly as advertised and is perfect for the 4th line.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
How many dads call their daughter "toots"? :laugh:

The ones the talk about on Law and Order: SVU?

Also, same deal stands for lineups (also for Rangers fans lurking): I will make you custom avatar if you can post or PM the game lines. I am lazy and busy and very important so I don't have time to weed through Twitter.

Except for you, LPH.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Torts says Booth is playing. Also says Garrison will sit out because he wants to get another look at Corrado. He said Weber will stay in and Bieksa will draw in for Alberts.

I don't get it. He could get a look at Corrado and have Garrison in the lineup just by scratching Weber. Oh well.

Pseudonymous*

He's the type of player who really isn't supposed to be noticeable and just quietly goes about his job and you hope for some offense from him every now and then. I'd say he's been exactly as advertised and is perfect for the 4th line.

I expected a little more energy out of him to be honest, didn't expect alot of hitting , but just some energy and a little more hustle.. either way i will be happy with him on the 4th line, just no chance i want to see him near the 3rd line. which was rumored for a bit

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
You gotta think Horvat/Gaunce/Richardson now are auditioning for that third line spot for real. Before I firmly believed JS had the inside track, but with his injury there is a real opening. Wonder who plays with Higgins and Hansen tonight

If Booth is out to start the season, there's a lot of room in the lineup.

Sedin/Sedin/Hansen
Shinkaruk/Kesler/Burrows
Higgins/Horvat/Santorelli
Gaunce/Richardson/Weise
Sestito

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Booth? He's still alive?

Good stuff. My guess at the lineup...

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Hansen
Burrows - Kesler - Booth
Higgins - Horvat - Santorelli
Shinkaruk - Gaunce - Richardson

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Corrado
Weber - Bieksa

Luongo

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Booth..will play if he has anything to do with it or something like that. Hasn't seen Booth play since Booth scored a bunch of goals against him (as TB coach)

question on Niklas Jensen? Who?

Spent some time felating AV, Lundqvist and Luongo

Hunter will play.

Bo will play.

Gaunce...not sure.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
Schroeder out 3 weeks according to Torts.

Plus it has been twice now he's called out Tom Kowal for not calling any penalties against them in preseason. Why is he calling out officials by name already?

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Booth? He's still alive?

Good stuff. My guess at the lineup...

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Hansen
Burrows - Kesler - Booth
Higgins - Horvat - Santorelli
Shinkaruk - Gaunce - Richardson

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Corrado
Weber - Bieksa

Luongo

Weber - Bieksa .... That's going to be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad