Value of: MN Wild players for draft picks only

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
From Buffalo

Zucker. 1st rd protected and perhaps a mid to late round of you push the pick off a year.

Dub. 2nd (not 32 OA) and a 3rd.

Honestly those two would fix a lot of holes for Buffalo. A 2nd line LW to let Girgs slide down to the 3rd or 4th line where he belongs and a very good G (is he a product of good D in front of him?) With Dalin and Guhle coming up the D hopefully won't be a mess.

Put the two together and I'd do next year 1st (protected) this years 2nd (32 OA), a 4th/5th type, next years 2nd, and a mid level prospect. Also we have to trade with you its tradition.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Ahh yes, by your logic then Draisaitl must just be a 2nd line center.

What exactly is the appeal to Minnesota?
I may have over reached maybe. So Buffalo's first and second for Brodin was close. So I went with Buffalos first and Nylander. That's basicly what should be two top ten picks for Brodin + give us back a little something. Draft pick, prospect.

Last edited:

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
LA being my second fav team I don't know if I like that. The 2020 1st could end up being really high especially with an aging core and if Doughty walks. It's very high risk.

With LA's new management not wanting to deal away early round picks like the previous regime; it would be a tough deal on both sides. But I think for Nino's skill set and age, the deal is fair. LA would probably want to do a player for player deal but you wants picks, so that's the best LA has for picks.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I may have over reached maybe. So Buffalo's first and second for Brodin was close. So I went with Buffalos first and Nylander. That's basicly what should be two top ten picks for Brodin + give us back a little something. Draft pick, prospect.
You think Buffalo would still be in the top 10 with Brodin and Coyle added to the lineup? I’ve been told Nylander is a bust but I’d be willing to take a shot on him in a different deal. Fasching does nothing for me. I think the part that gets me is the lottery win protection meanwhile Minnesota is giving up the two best (known) players in the deal. They take all the risk for very little reward IMO.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I'd take that in a second. To be fair, Fasching is looking like a miss, and I'm not high on Nylander (others are)
Well yeah, it’d be nice to get two young excellent NHLers for currently fizzling prospects and an unknown commodity.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
With Dahlin now, what are your biggest needs?

Dahlin still needs a bit of time to develop and a top pairing LHD would be great but but hopefully Dahlin fills that. Having said that, and assuming middelstat is the real thing, one more top line winger (who doesnt?), a 3/4 D, a real shutdown 4th liner (Cliff Pu?), a heavy 3rd/4th winger and some structure. Lehner is serviceable but an upgrade or 1a/1b sutuation would be nice. Most of the deficinities can be UFA acquisitions and time.

Zucker as 2nd line wing and Dub would go a long way to plugging holes. Add in a DeHaan type and I think we are good.

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Dahlin still needs a bit of time to develop and a top pairing LHD would be great but but hopefully Dahlin fills that. Having said that, and assuming middelstat is the real thing, one more top line winger (who doesnt?), a 3/4 D, a real shutdown 4th liner (Cliff Pu?), a heavy 3rd/4th winger and some structure. Lehner is serviceable but an upgrade or 1a/1b sutuation would be nice. Most of the deficinities can be UFA acquisitions and time.

Zucker as 2nd line wing and Dub would go a long way to plugging holes. Add in a DeHaan type and I think we are good.
What would you offer for Zucker? Doubt Dubnyk gets moved. Other than that we have a heavy 4th liner in Foligno; you already know about him. Winnik is a good 4th liner to target in free agency. Reliable and defensively sound. Will put up some points as well.
What's up with Nino and what's the ask ?
Nino broke his leg but it was misdiagnosed as a high ankle sprain (I believe?). Selling low on him would pretty much suck as even in a down year he was still really good at puck possession.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
What would you offer for Zucker? Doubt Dubnyk gets moved. Other than that we have a heavy 4th liner in Foligno; .

If we had a mid level 1st I'd be all about but as is Im thinking two 2nds or a 2nd plus a member or the three headed dragon of Bailey, Baptiste or Fasching (or another 2/3 line 4-6 D)

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
If we had a mid level 1st I'd be all about but as is Im thinking two 2nds or a 2nd plus a member or the three headed dragon of Bailey, Baptiste or Fasching (or another 2/3 line 4-6 D)
26 year old coming off of 33 goals and 64 points. two 2nd round picks? I get that the "draft picks only" premise is dumb as hell, but why even bother with making offers like that?

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
What else can I give? I cant give 1OA. If we had 10 to 20 OA sure, but we dont have that. I'm working with what we have.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Just an exercise, but let's say that Minnesota goes scorched-earth like the Philadelphia 76ers of a few years ago and don't care if we only win 10 games for the next couple of years.

Picks only, no roster players*, no current prospects... What does your team offer for the following players:

*1-2 year cap dumps allowed

Staal (1 x $3.5 remaining)
Granlund (2 x $5.75)
Zucker (RFA)
Coyle (2 x $3.2)
Niederreiter (4 x $5.25)
Koivu (assuming he waives NMC to anywhere) (2 x $5.5)
Suter (assuming he waives NMC to anywhere) (7 x $7.5)
Spurgeon (2 x $5.188)
Dumba (RFA)
Brodin (3 x 4.167)
Dubnyk (3 x $4.333)

-------------------------------

Leading offers:

Dumba
Edmonton for #10 in 2018 + 2019 1st (+ Bear)

Zucker
Florida for #34 in 2018 + 2019 1st

Coyle
Colorado for #16 in 2018

Brodin
Colorado for Ottawa's 2019 1st

Dubnyk
Philadelphia for #19 in 2018

Staal
St. Louis for #45 in 2018 (still gross)

Spurgeon
Toronto for #25 in 2018 + 2019 1st (+ Kapanen)
To meet needs Of both teams involved, Brodin + Coyle to Montreal for 3OA. Possibly swap out Spurgeon for Brodin because spurgeon is currently the better player, but I’m spectacle about trading away a 25 year old when MN needs to get younger.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I'd love to get Spurgeon on the Oilers.

To Minny:
10th overall pick + 2019 1st (top 5 protected) + 3rd round in 2021 (if Spurgeon extends with the Oil) + Russell (for cap reasons)
To Oilers:
Spurgeon

Hometown boy, and still only 28 (30 when his deal is up). He'll should be very good for another 5 or 6 years, and will probably be open to extending to playing in his home city, close to family and friends.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

To Minny:
10th overall pick + 2019 1st (top 5 protected) + 3rd round in 2021 (if Spurgeon extends with the Oil) + Russell (for cap reasons)
To Oilers:
Spurgeon

Hometown boy, and still only 28 (30 when his deal is up). He'll should be very good for another 5 or 6 years, and will probably be open to extending to playing in his home city, close to family and friends.

Couldn't find another appealing Dumba offer, so keeping Edmonton's 2018 1st and 2019 1st with him.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

To Minny:
To Oilers:
Spurgeon

I’d accept this trade if my plan is to rebuild.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Just an exercise, but let's say that Minnesota goes scorched-earth like the Philadelphia 76ers of a few years ago and don't care if we only win 10 games for the next couple of years.

Picks only, no roster players*, no current prospects... What does your team offer for the following players:

*1-2 year cap dumps allowed

Staal (1 x $3.5 remaining)
Granlund (2 x $5.75)
Zucker (RFA)
Coyle (2 x $3.2)
Niederreiter (4 x $5.25)
Koivu (assuming he waives NMC to anywhere) (2 x $5.5)
Suter (assuming he waives NMC to anywhere) (7 x $7.5)
Spurgeon (2 x $5.188)
Dumba (RFA)
Brodin (3 x 4.167)
Dubnyk (3 x $4.333)

-------------------------------

Leading offers:

Dumba
Edmonton for #10 in 2018 + 2019 1st (+ Bear)

Zucker
Florida for #34 in 2018 + 2019 1st

Coyle
Colorado for #16 in 2018

Brodin
Colorado for Ottawa's 2019 1st

Dubnyk
Philadelphia for #19 in 2018

Staal
St. Louis for #45 in 2018 (still gross)

Spurgeon
Toronto for #25 in 2018 + 2019 1st (+ Kapanen)

Granlund (+ #86 in 2018)
Arizona for #5 in 2018

Niederreiter
Los Angeles for #51 in 2018 + 2019 or 2020 1st (+ Clifford)

NYR would be interested in competitive bid for Dumba, not sure what that is off top of my head, esp if only using picks.
I'll get back to ya.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad