Value of: MN Wild players for draft picks only

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Interesting offer to weigh against Ottawa's 2019 1st from Colorado. I'm not sure which one I'd bet on being higher.

So, if they win the Lottery, then MN gets the 2020 1st...presumably that wouldn't be protected.

I would bet that BUF, with a D of Dahlin, Scandella, Risto, Brodin, and Guhle, and forwards like Eichel, ROR, CM, Reinhart, KO, maybe Nylander,etc. would be FAR more competitive than in the past, so this offer is not as generous as it seems.

I would guess that the 1st BUF pick would be at least in the 10oa range, if not up around 15oa. Not so appealing for Brodin, all of a sudden, never mind that at present he is the only healthy LHD of consequence in MN. Same goes for the 2nd, though it would be refreshing to have BUF's 2nd for a change.

I'll take OTT's 1st anyday, but I still think it's a bad move. The forwards are what is letting the Wild down, not the D.

I have to agree that Ottawa's 1st is the way to go here, especially if they do end up trading Karlsson.

I thought I would ask. :D

With the premise being draft picks only, it's about what I could figure out as an offer.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I thought I would ask. :D

With the premise being draft picks only, it's about what I could figure out as an offer.
I'm getting really interested in BUF as a team. Eichel is already a lot of fun to watch, and Mittlestadt is magic. If you guys ever got Brodin (one of my fav players...always liked Scandella) then you would be my 2nd team. A D with Guhle, Brodin, and Dahlin on the back end would be a fantastic group of skaters.

Reactions: Bazeek

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm getting really interested in BUF as a team. Eichel is already a lot of fun to watch, and Mittlestadt is magic. If you guys ever got Brodin (one of my fav players...always liked Scandella) then you would be my 2nd team. A D with Guhle, Brodin, and Dahlin on the back end would be a fantastic group of skaters.

I'm hopeful they can find a way to plug more holes this summer in a more permanent fashion and we can start to see the skating talent they have in action coherently. Brodin would be a tremendous addition -- the idea being to pair him as the steady, stable, stay at home guy with Dahlin -- but I'm loath to put 32 OA for this draft into the deal because A) they are still so short on prospects and B) they might need that pick if they go fishing in the goaltending trade market again. And if this was not a draft pick only proposal, Buffalo doesn't have the second tier of prospects to make something happen, at least from where I'm standing.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
No.

First off, I never made an offer for Dumba. An Edmonton fan did. The OP is tracking them for reference in the OP. I simply mentioned it.

Second, you should go read it the OP again, because it explains what this thread is for and you clearly still don't get it. This is not supposed to take Minny's needs into account. In this scenario they don't need or care about a top 6 center. So neither do I, and neither do any other posters making offers. In fact, in this scenario Minny is also selling it's top 6 centers, like Staal.

The OP clearly stated the team doesn't care if they "only win 10 games for the next couple of years." So your response to the offers should reflect that.
It is relevant in that Minnesota won’t trade unless the value is equal coming back. I understand the OP very clearly. A bidding war doesn’t result in a trade unless both teams think it’s fair.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Klefbom and Brodin used to play together. Klefbom, Nurse, Larsson, and Brodin would be a good top 4. Brodin can play distributor on the PP and not embarrass himself, but that's not his strength. I think Brodin would flourish getting out from under Suter.

That's a well paid 3rd pairing.

I'd look to add an asset to Sekera to another club for a journeyman bottom pairing guy. I think Sekera at 5.5 with an add is still enticing to a club needing a #4 guy

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
El Nino to LA for 2018 2nd + 2019 Conditional 1st + Clifford (cap dump)

Condition being: if LA makes the playoffs 1st goes to Minnesota. If LA does NOT make the playoffs the 1st goes to 2020.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
El Nino to LA for 2018 2nd + 2019 Conditional 1st + Clifford (cap dump)

Condition being: if LA makes the playoffs 1st goes to Minnesota. If LA does NOT make the playoffs the 1st goes to 2020.

LA being my second fav team I don't know if I like that. The 2020 1st could end up being really high especially with an aging core and if Doughty walks. It's very high risk.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Take the 2019 1st out and I'd be cool with the Oilers making that deal. (10th overall + Bear)
If Minny wants our 2019 1st I'd want to see Russel waive his NTC to go to Minny and Minny giving us a 2018 3rd rounder.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
It is relevant in that Minnesota won’t trade unless the value is equal coming back. I understand the OP very clearly. A bidding war doesn’t result in a trade unless both teams think it’s fair.

No.

It doesn't have to be equal value coming back. The OP is listing Eric Staal for a late 2nd round pick right now. If you say Minnesota needs a top 6 C, why would they do this? Why would they also trade their workhorse starting goalie for a mid 1st rounder this year? The wouldn't do lots of these trades by themselves, based on current needs and value.

If you don't like the thread, feel free to stop posting in it.

Also, do you think Vancouver got what they thought was "fair" for Vanek at the TDL? No. But it was the only offer they got, no one else was bidding, and they took it. So even in real life some teams take a low-ball offer, let alone an internet discussion about value that stipulates the team doesn't care about winning in a fictional scenario.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He has a modified NTC of some kind.
I think it's a 10 team NT list. #45 is a pretty awful offer for a #1C who makes less than half of what he should, let alone to a division rival.

Take the 2019 1st out and I'd be cool with the Oilers making that deal. (10th overall + Bear)
If Minny wants our 2019 1st I'd want to see Russel waive his NTC to go to Minny and Minny giving us a 2018 3rd rounder.
Russel has negative value with that contract, age, and being a LHD. Anyway, including a player is out of the scope of this thread.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
No.

It doesn't have to be equal value coming back. The OP is listing Eric Staal for a late 2nd round pick right now. If you say Minnesota needs a top 6 C, why would they do this? Why would they also trade their workhorse starting goalie for a mid 1st rounder this year? The wouldn't do lots of these trades by themselves, based on current needs and value.

If you don't like the thread, feel free to stop posting in it.

Also, do you think Vancouver got what they thought was "fair" for Vanek at the TDL? No. But it was the only offer they got, no one else was bidding, and they took it. So even in real life some teams take a low-ball offer, let alone an internet discussion about value that stipulates the team doesn't care about winning in a fictional scenario.
I can guarantee you Minnesota wouldn’t accept that Eric Staal trade. It may be the best offer in the thread but it wouldn’t be accepted from a Minnesota POV in the real world or make believe.

Yes, the goal of the thread is there. But it’s stupid to even discuss when the deal wouldn’t be given a second thought. I assume the point was to see who would offer what and then decide if the deal would be worth it going into scorched earth rebuild. 2nd for Staal is an outlier on the results. No doubt in my mind.

There are actual worthy trade ideas in this thread. Staal’s isn’t one.

To the original point I was making (you complaining Edmonton has two offers with their picks), Spurgeon for the picks would be accepted over Dumba for the reasons I listed: 1) Dumba is the guy who can return a young top 6 center 2) if Dumba isn’t traded he would still have good years left when the rebuild comes full circle.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I mean if that's what it takes to get the dman we desperately need at the young age of 23 and the ability to lock him up for 8 years. Ill do it anyday.

I agree . Bear is not a need if we have Dumba . Bear we hope can become that PP QB if we have Dumba we don't need to hope

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I'd MUCH rather do the second offer even throw in bear, than I would the first. Dumba's a great player no doubt but there's no for sure that we won't be a bottom 10 team again next year.

There never a guarantee in sports . McDavid career could be over in a blink of an eye . That doesn't mean you don't ice the best team you can . Dumba helps in many ways to make the Oilers a better team

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Russel has negative value with that contract, age, and being a LHD. Anyway, including a player is out of the scope of this thread.

OP says salary dumps are allowed and Edmonton isn't going to eat all of that cap space. In case you've been living under a rock, McDavid's huge raise kicks in next season and Nurse is RFA and he's gonna eat up 3M more cap space probably.

If that doesn't make sense to you, don't bother telling me that the value isn't going to work.
My team doesn't exist for the convenience of yours just like yours doesn't exist for the convenience of mine. It's a 2 way street.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
OP says salary dumps are allowed and Edmonton isn't going to eat all of that cap space. In case you've been living under a rock, McDavid's huge raise kicks in next season and Nurse is RFA and he's gonna eat up 3M more cap space probably.

If that doesn't make sense to you, don't bother telling me that the value isn't going to work.
My team doesn't exist for the convenience of yours just like yours doesn't exist for the convenience of mine. It's a 2 way street.
The deal was already offered without Russell. I’m inclined to think if he is included then more needs to come back as part of the deal.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
The deal was already offered without Russell. I’m inclined to think if he is included then more needs to come back as part of the deal.

OP says 1-2 year cap dumps allowed. I think Russel is a 3 year and if that would break the deal then there's no way Edmonton could rationalize making such a deal. It's as simple as that.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
OP says 1-2 year cap dumps allowed. I think Russel is a 3 year and if that would break the deal then there's no way Edmonton could rationalize making such a deal. It's as simple as that.
Yep, if I were Minnesota’s GM I’d move on. Not gonna take a pine-riding player that has a $4m cap hit that plays a position we have plenty of.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Yep, if I were Minnesota’s GM I’d move on. Not gonna take a pine-riding player that has a $4m cap hit that plays a position we have plenty of.

Yep, just like Edmonton isn't going to screw themselves capwise for a 2nd pairing d-man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad