Value of: MN Wild players for draft picks only

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I mean, he could go back there, but I'm not sure the 20+ goals and 60+ points per season would hold. But maybe they would.

I mentioned something like this in another thread, but if Bergevin trades his best trade chip again for yet another maybe center, but probably winger guy, the outrage would probably be dangerous to him. The city would be righteously pissed.

Not saying he wouldn't do it, but I suspect even he has a sense of self preservation.

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
7th Overall for Matt Dumba

A deal around that I could see. Pair Juolevi with Tanev and Dumba with Edler to start. Then pair Juolevi Dumba down the road. Jim may want more assets involved but I would and I think many Canucks fans would highly consider that. Vancouver has a few forwards and a D man or two to move out already. Perhaps make it a bigger deal to address more needs.

What kind of dollar figure and term would Dumba seek if you wanted a long-term deal?

Reactions: gianni

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014

A deal around that I could see. Pair Juolevi with Tanev and Dumba with Edler to start. Then pair Juolevi Dumba down the road. Jim may want more assets involved but I would and I think many Canucks fans would highly consider that. Vancouver has a few forwards and a D man or two to move out already. Perhaps make it a bigger deal to address more needs.

What kind of dollar figure and term would Dumba seek if you wanted a long-term deal?
Dumba is our only legit chance at an elite player. I don't think 7 has his potential this year. brodin or spurgeon could be done though

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Dumba is our only legit chance at an elite player. I don't think 7 has his potential this year. brodin or spurgeon could be done though
We would pass on that. Your better off taking option 2 the 2 x firsts. He is probably a piece I would build around if I was you. We have Markus Granlund if u want some brother power. :)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ya your right. The 11th pick is the better offer. Cant really beat that in terms of picks. 11th is fair for brodin. Good deal for both teams. The wild may want to get more though
11th does nothing for me. Brodin is what you get when your 10oa works out really well. Past #10oa picks going back to 2000;
Rantanen
Ritchie
Nichushkin
Brodin
Koekkoek
McIlwraith
Pajarvi-Svensson
Hodgson
Ellerby
Frolik
Bourdon
Valabik
Kostitsyn
Nystrom
Blackburn
Yakubov

Not an inspiring bunch, besides Rantanen, and maybe Frolik. I'd take Brodin over any of them, except Rantanen, and it's still to be determined who will have the better career of those two. Kinda apples and oranges.

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Dumba's original draft position was #7. I'd like to think that since he's become one of the better offensive producing defensemen in the league at the age of 23, his value has gone up since then.

Dealing only in picks, in this draft, I'd say that he's worth a pick in the 3-5 range; or at your current position of of #7, 2018 1st + 2019 first (maybe conditional) + maybe a 2nd rounder in either year.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I'd give 10th ov + 3rd from Edmonton for Brodin.

Nurse - Larsson
Klefbom - Brodin
Sekera - Russell

He might not be the PPQB we need but I still think Ethan Bear could be that player and would be sheltered from top 4 mins to begin with Larsson + Brodin on the rightside

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
What side does Zucker primarily play? Assuming LW? If so I'd definitely put him with Trocheck and put Huberdeau back with the robot and Dadonov on top line. Is that fair value? Picks and contract wise?

Yes, pretty much exclusively LW.

Contract-wise, you're definitely in the ballpark, maybe even a bit too high.

Picks-wise, that's what I'm trying to find out.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012

As an observer, if your trading talent for projected talent, you better make it worth your wild. If I had to trade Dumba, nothing but a top 3 pick, period. He's young and good. Your chances of getting a defencmen as good or better then Dumba, outside of Dahlin, is about 30% I'd say. Why trade a known quantity for a mystery box?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2Pair

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
11th does nothing for me. Brodin is what you get when your 10oa works out really well. Past #10oa picks going back to 2000;
Rantanen
Ritchie
Nichushkin
Brodin
Koekkoek
McIlwraith
Pajarvi-Svensson
Hodgson
Ellerby
Frolik
Bourdon
Valabik
Kostitsyn
Nystrom
Blackburn
Yakubov

Not an inspiring bunch, besides Rantanen, and maybe Frolik. I'd take Brodin over any of them, except Rantanen, and it's still to be determined who will have the better career of those two. Kinda apples and oranges.

I agree with this too. Even of Brodin tops out as a steady top 4 defenceman, you're probably looking at less then a 40% chance, you'd get someone as good or better with a 8-10 pick. If I had to trade Brodin, pick 4-6 minimum. Even if you pick one of the best defenceman after Dahlin, your still taking a chance that they still may not end up being better then Brodin. But at least there, the risk might be worth the reward.

Last edited:

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
As an observer, if your trading talent for projected talent, you better make it worth your wild. If I had to trade Dumba, nothing but a top 3 pick, period. He's young and good. Your chances of getting a defencmen as good or better then Dumba, outside of Dahlin, is about 30% I'd say. Why trade a known quantity for a mystery box?
That's what I was trying to get across. Well said.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I agree with this too. Even of Brodin tops out as a steady top 4 defenceman, you're probably looking at less then a 40% chance, you'd get someone as good or better with a 8-10 pick. If I had to trade Brodin, pick 4-6 minimum. Even if you pick one of the best defenceman after Dahlin, your still taking a chance that they still may not end up being better then Brodin. But at least there, the risk might be worth the reward.
There is almost sure to be a forward outside of the top 3 picks that will be worth more than Brodin in a few years time, but I have no clue which player that is. Tkachuk? Wahlstrom? Finnish C's? Kravtsov? Same with the Dmen after Dahlin... Wild don't really need another offensive Dman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad