OT: MN High School Hockey Thread

Slick Willy*

I can see how players could be upse tthough. At my high school's quarters game Minnehaha players started taking cheap shots on our players late in the game (we were winning by 6-2 at that point if I recall and went on to win 7-2).

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah I saw that. Isn't there goalie one of the 3? How dumb can you be? EP has lost to Minnetonka twice this year already too. I don't see the section final being any different now. Bonehead move by those players.

The goalie didn't get suspended but he is a dink.

Here is his quote after the game: "After I went in the corner, then it really got pretty vicious. I like to fight and stuff like that. I think it’s a big part of the game"

No it's not, you're in high school.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota

Here is his quote after the game: "After I went in the corner, then it really got pretty vicious. I like to fight and stuff like that. I think it’s a big part of the game"

That is probably the dumbest thing he could have said.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Sort of cool tid-bit. Nick Leddy's uncle was an assistant coach during my high-school years for my high school team. Hell of a player in his own right. Could have probably gone pro if not for numerous leg injuries.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com

I think sticking up for your mates is instinctual for most people, some more so than others. Then again, I (and others) put down those that were cheap shotting without a brawl, and that was on a football field.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Bemidji advanced through 8AA with a win over Moorhead. First time Bemidji advances to state in 29 years. Can't remember the last time a team other than Roseau or Moorhead went to St. Paul representing that section.

Slick Willy*

Bemidji advanced through 8AA with a win over Moorhead. First time Bemidji advances to state in 29 years. Can't remember the last time a team other than Roseau or Moorhead went to St. Paul representing that section.

Warroad. Before the AA-A split.

Glad Bemidji made it through - those boys will never forget the experience for the rest of their lives.

J22*

1996 Alexandria

LaPanta was at Aldrich tonight. I asked him to stand next to me and do play by play but he declined.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
1996 Alexandria

LaPanta was at Aldrich tonight. I asked him to stand next to me and do play by play but he declined.

He was probably scared you'd do color so much better than Greenlay that he'd never be able to do his job on FSNorth with a straight face again.

District 5

Mar 1, 2014
Can we get Edina out of 2AA? They put an absolute crushing on Burnsville in the section final 10-1.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not exactly a nail biter, was it? It wasn't too long ago that Edina had to battle their way out against Jefferson, and to a lesser extent, Holy Angels. Times have changed. I don't see much changing going forward. If you go by the success of their minor hockey associations, Burnsville is going to fall off soon.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Prior Lake will be good for the next couple of years, but that's about it in 2AA.

Edina should be in 6AA, though an argument could be made that it would be unfair having all that talent knock one another off in one section.

Maybe EP and Edina should trade places. EP will be good for another two years or so, then I predict a precipitous drop off.

Jesus comma Brodin

Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Pretty cool Bemidji is going. I have never been alive for that.

Sorry Dee Oh Cee, North losing to Farmington isn't looking promising. North has saved their best hockey and I don't see it happening. BUT anything is possible.

All games:

STA v Eastview (STA Wins)
Lakeville North v Farmington (LN Wins)
Duluth E v Elk River (Elk River)
Centennial v Blaine (Blaine)
Hill Murray v Stillwater tomorrow (Hill)

Edina, Eden Prairie and Bemidji already there. It would be nice to something different sometime besides Bemidji.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Yeah, I'm certainly not expecting it to happen :laugh:

Kinda sucks they make all the section playoffs all the way down in Rochester thought. If it was in the area would think about heading out, but that's over an hour away.

Jesus comma Brodin

Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Yeah, I'm certainly not expecting it to happen :laugh:

Kinda sucks they make all the section playoffs all the way down in Rochester thought. If it was in the area would think about heading out, but that's over an hour away.

Yeah I would have been headed there too. Think I will make an appearance at Ridder.

J22*

He was probably scared you'd do color so much better than Greenlay that he'd never be able to do his job on FSNorth with a straight face again.

I could've done a pretty mean impersonation of Pierre Maguire, spewing out strange and random facts about the Stillwater kids.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Can anyone explain how Centennial is always in the section final even though they never really dominate the section? Do they just play well in big games?

I don't really follow high school hockey during the season(only watch the tournament).

Killerjug

Feb 21, 2013
Can anyone explain how Centennial is always in the section final even though they never really dominate the section? Do they just play well in big games?

I don't really follow high school hockey during the season(only watch the tournament).

Section 5AA is always a combo of Centennial, Blaine, and Maple Grove in the section finals. Maple Grove has only gotten it done once though :(. Dang Coliseum curse

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Go Farmington! Shock the world!

How the hell did Farmington get so good lately?

I remember just a few years ago Owatonna was keeping up with them and they traded games back and forth. Now it's ****shows whenever they play.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Prior Lake will be good for the next couple of years, but that's about it in 2AA.

Edina should be in 6AA, though an argument could be made that it would be unfair having all that talent knock one another off in one section.

Maybe EP and Edina should trade places. EP will be good for another two years or so, then I predict a precipitous drop off.

I would be completely okay with that. I would also prefer MG play with Wayzata, Minnetonka over Centennial and Blaine :biglaugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad