OT: MN High School Hockey Thread

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
All I am saying is the inner cities are arguably way less tolerant than communities like PL or NP and far more violent acts occur here and make no mistake about it people are targeted because of their race here.

An entire community shouldn't be targeted because of the acts of a few.

I'll still root for Minneapolis even though I know these violent acts occur here.

Take care.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Most Cretin kids are first generation suburban families. The parents went there and grew up in Saint Paul before moving to the Suburbs. Minneapolis doesn’t produce a lot of hockey players. Saint Paul still does but all the decent athletes to go Catholic school - it’s always been that way. Why would they go to Central or Highland where they won’t play on a legitimate team?

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Most Cretin kids are first generation suburban families. The parents went there and grew up in Saint Paul before moving to the Suburbs. Minneapolis doesn’t produce a lot of hockey players. Saint Paul still does but all the decent athletes to go Catholic school - it’s always been that way. Why would they go to Central or Highland where they won’t play on a legitimate team?

There are two players in D1 right now who played for St. Paul Johnson (Fish at the Gophers and Christian Sanda playing for Union).

Hill Murray has poached countless Johnson neighborhood products through the decades though. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to send their kids to Johnson or any of the other inner city public's though.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, even 40+ years ago the Highland kids who could play went to Cretin.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Monticello with the first goal of the tournament, Jake Larson following up on his linemate's break away, was saved... the rebound couldn't be handled by the defender, Larson came right down the slot and buried it.

Shots were all Warroad prior.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The Warriors tie it up, Carson Pilgrim from the right circle goes bar down.

As i'm typing, Marvin Jones scores from just outside thre crease. 2-1 Warroad.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Looked like Biller made the save of the tournament (I know, first game and all, but looked like a great paddle save), but replay shows the puck crossed before the paddle got it.

After replay, 3-1 Warroad.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Who are the favorites this year, anyway? Is it pretty wide open?
Hill Murray and Hermantown are the top seeds in each class.

Anytime Hermantown is there in A, it's hard to bet against them. They're a AA class team consistently in reality. They have 0 losses this season to class A teams

AA is a bit more open, several of the AA teams were ranked in the top 10.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Warriors on the pk, 92% on the season, only 6 goals allowed, 14 short handed goals scored... then proceeded to get a 2 on 0 short handed chance that went high

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Holy effff..... ill admit, i dont watch high school hockey anymore but what happened to my H.S.?! ZERO wins this year?! Burnsville is a dumpster fire apparently.

Burnsville used to be good at hockey..

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Holy effff..... ill admit, i dont watch high school hockey anymore but what happened to my H.S.?! ZERO wins this year?! Burnsville is a dumpster fire apparently.

Unless a school is one of those consistent hockey powers, they tend to go in waves.

Burnsville was in the tournament a few years back, but are on a down swing right now in a tough conference.

Reactions: GuerinUp

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Wow! What a save!

Caelin Brueske was sliding to his left, managed to get his edge down as the puck came close on his right, just caught it with his toe pad to prevent the Mahtomedi goal.

His first save of the game and what a doozie

Last edited:

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017

Same thing that has happened to Bloomington (Kennedy and Jeff.), Richfield, all the Minneapolis schools, all the St. Paul schools. People are fleeing these places to places farther away. Can't get into it further than that as it would be against TOS but you get the picture. I don't believe Burnsville will ever be relevant again, just like Jefferson and Kennedy will never be relevant again. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Brueske on his game!

Pretty good game here between Mankato-East and Mahtomedi. 0-0 after 1.

Brueske putting on a clinic though when he's been tested

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Brueske looked like he made the stop again, but it just trickled out from between his closed pads to score for Mahtomedi.

1-0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad