OT: MN High School Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Minnesota Wild' started by gopherman23, Feb 6, 2015.

1. GuerinUp Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Verizon Wireless
    some of those divisions like 7aa and 8aa are just brutal for travel... grand rapids and anoka?! rogers and roseau?! ....

2. GordieGallant Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Semi retired
    Such a joke. Stillwater and WBL and the rest in 4AA have to go through Gentry and Hill Murray and their ringers. Mounds View and Roseville escape to 5AA. Rosemount, Park, and the rest have to go through St. Thomas and now Cretin who magically jumped sections again. Ridiculous! How about we have a section 9AA were the f***ing all-star teams can play each other?

Northerner likes this.
  3. BigT2002 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Oh no doubt there are setbacks to it. However, things like determining the "at large" could be determined via points, or goals, or something more tangible that can be easily assessed and determined. If they went the route, "well Minnetonka lost to EP in OT in Sections, so they get in over Blaine and Duluth East" I think you'd have a lot of people crying foul because it would most likely always be a Metro School with that logic.

Exactly. No matter what, one school always makes it. It also takes out schools like STA, Benild, TG, etc. and pits them for their one bid into the tourney. It also aids those schools that never seem to get over the hump, such as WBL always having to go against Hill Murray every section final.

Well, if they're going AA next year, they'll be in a for a rude awakening.

That 6AA is just insane....

I still love how EP and Edina are basically on top of each other geographically, but instead of putting them in the same bloody section, they throw them into Northwest Metro....

Last edited by moderator TaLoN: Apr 12, 2021
  4. Northerner Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    That Hill WBL section has always been one of the easiest, IMO. Gentry just needs to really get through Hill, I guess. WBL isn't always a strong team.

I do think EP and Edina should be in the same Section. Politics at play there?

Honestly all of those sections look brutal.