OT: MN High School Hockey Thread

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Just goes to show you, all it takes is 2 or 3 D1-bound players on a high school team (with just enough competent surrounding pieces) to make them relevant. D1-bound goalie and defenseman who never comes off the ice, with a few other solid grinders and you are almost there.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
And another inner-city school is ranked #1 in AA state overall: Cretin.

I wonder where their roster is pulling from this year and if any of them live within the City proper.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Yeah I still advocate the privates have separate rankings/tournament - or some sort of new tournament where the winners of A, AA and private meet after they win their respective tournaments. Never gonna happen though.

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
And another inner-city school is ranked #1 in AA state overall: Cretin.

I wonder where their roster is pulling from this year and if any of them live within the City proper.
The Sondreals played for the St. Paul Caps. The Fishers, and Simon Houge are from Woodbury. McCarthy is from Cottage Grove. Lippai is from Woodbury but played and attended Gentry Academy. No po folks here.

Reactions: Northerner

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
Best two weeks of the year. High school playoffs and state tournament.

Gallant’s picks AA

1AA- Lakeville South
2AA- Eden Prairie
3AA - Cretin
4AA- Hill Murray, my pick to win it all.
5AA- Maple Grove
6AA- Benilde St. Margaret
7AA- Grand Rapids
8AA- Moorhead

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Best two weeks of the year. High school playoffs and state tournament.

Gallant’s picks AA

1AA- Lakeville South
2AA- Eden Prairie
3AA - Cretin
4AA- Hill Murray, my pick to win it all.
5AA- Maple Grove
6AA- Benilde St. Margaret
7AA- Grand Rapids
8AA- Moorhead

Are their live updates somewhere?

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
PrepSpotlight. The link below is to the Cretin v Rosemount game tonight, but there are several others.

(School Space Media)

It will have a bunch of section games. YouTube was used for several teams regular season games, but I believe there is something regarding section tournaments being run by the State where they reserve the broadcast/stream rights.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
That is Prior Lake's first ever appearance. All the people fleeing the inner cities to places like PL and Andover and Orono are starting to show results in their hockey programs now. Have to imagine imaging these programs will be the relevant programs going forward (Chisago, North Branch, Lakeville etc) as still more people flee the Cities proper and first ring suburbs.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
With all the crap that's happened at Prior Lake high School this year? I can't root for that school at all.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
What crap? The "alleged" crap?
Alleged? How is a video "alleged"?
The known video sure puts the "alleged" note into more context and makes it hard to deny.

That school has a problem that needs fixing, and thus I cannot root for that school.
I have relatives that are alumni of that school and they're disgusted about it themselves!

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Alleged? How is a video "alleged"?
The known video sure puts the "alleged" note into more context and makes it hard to deny.

That school has a problem that needs fixing, and thus I cannot root for that school.
I have relatives that are alumni of that school and they're disgusted about it themselves!

Really? At my inner city school kids were brutally, horribly beaten after a high profile court verdict years ago for the color of their skin. And the news didn't make a peep about it and people didn't demand that this community change or state they wouldn't root for it.

So I am sorry if some young, dumb kids did stuff that was offensive but there were kids getting brutalized in my community and no one was outraged. I guess that is the way priorities are today in the land.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Really? At my inner city school kids were brutally, horribly beaten after a high profile court verdict years ago for the color of their skin. And the news didn't make a peep about it and people didn't demand that this community change or state they wouldn't root for it.

So I am sorry if some young, dumb kids did stuff that was offensive but there were kids getting brutalized in my community and no one was outraged. I guess that is the way priorities are today in the land.
You're not the only one to grow up in the cities here you know.

Also, times have changed greatly, just because injustices didn't get attention in the past doesn't mean they should continue now.

I'm sorry if my opinion on the matter bugs you, but I stated my position on why I personally can't root for that school right now. I'm sure they won't be affected by that fact at all anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad