MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Khabib said before he would never fight in Vegas again, so that takes out the March PPV as it's usually there.

February PPV has Jones/Shevchenko title fights.

January is supposed to be Conor, but we'll see.

Could also be a bit of a favor to Barclays as this fight was supposed to be there in 2018 and fell apart.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hopefully the Khabib vs. Ferguson fight actually gets done and then happens this time. They don't appear to have a deal done with Ferguson yet and are likely trying to put public pressure on him right now by announcing it.

Zabit says he has some good news coming for the April 18 card as well. If he has a fight lined up already then it must be Yair because everyone else near the top of the division is already booked. That's the fight to make and I really want to see it. The one unfortunate part is that it would only be three rounds if it's on this card.

Reactions: pistolpete11

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Carano looks like she's had some work done. Her face looks much different than it used to

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Will be interested in seeing the betting line for that one. I’d imagine Cerrone will end up a slight underdog

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
UFC 246 is in February and will be headlined by Jones vs Reyes

We'll see. Either that one becomes UFC247, or do they actually have Conor/Cerrone on an ESPN card? Would be a massive opportunity for ESPN.

UFC 245 1/2 works for me as well, would be a nice throwback.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Cowboy looks pretty close to being done, but I'm happy for the guy finally getting his "money" fight. Fingers crossed he somehow survives on the feet and submits Conor in the 2nd or 3rd. That said, it's a safe, smart fight for McGregor to take and fool people into thinking he's the guy again.

Reactions: CDJ

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think that's a bad, bad match up for Cerrone..
Maybe. Will be interesting to see how McGregor deals with Cerrone's size and kicking. If Cerrone doesn't come out too stiff I could see him working Conor. I think that McGregor is typically more dynamic than Iaquinta but it wouldn't surprise me if Cerrone uses his size and range effectively in a similar way. I like Cowboy a lot more so maybe I'm projecting that but I think he has a good chance of beating McGregor; he's not going to stand right in front of Conor and let him beat on his face the way Nate did so it'll be interesting to see if his movement and style work out.

member 51464

It would be interesting to see what happens with Conor if cowboy just takes him down and submits him, haha.

I enjoyed Conor on his rise to the top, but he's been so insufferable for a while now. If he actually wants to be happy and fight regularly, I'm all about it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad