MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Good decision, Askren. He came to the UFC to prove he's the best in the world which I think it is safe to say he's not. Or at least would be a long, difficult road to proving he is. He's got his brain still intact and he's funny, so I could easily see him starting his own podcast (if he hasn't already) like Bisping, Schaub, Chael, etc.

I've said it before, I like Chael, but his podcast (or YouTube videos or whatever they are) is a little too much rambling and often times he's making a point that I think everyone else already agrees with/doesn't care about. He could really use a co-host. Chael and Askren together would be awesome. I know they did a video where they reviewed trashing talking which was pretty good. I'd love to see Askren just jump on with Chael.

Reactions: Avs_19 and CDJ

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Ilir Latifi is moving up to HW to fight Derrick Lewis in February. I can't imagine that goes well for Latifi.

Reactions: Avs_19 and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Ilir Latifi is moving up to HW to fight Derrick Lewis in February. I can't imagine that goes well for Latifi.

Don't see how that ends on a positive for Latifi. Way too much size to give up, even though Latifi is a brick shit house.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Askren made 2019 very interesting for a fan of mma. He was becoming one of my favourites. Sad to see him go.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Sad to see him go but happy we did get to see him in the ufc, even if it was a bit past his prime. He himself may not have been a megastar with his work inside of the cage but he helped give birth to a superstar in Masvidal

Hip replacements are no joke

Reactions: Avs_19 and m9

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

Makes sense. Chiesa coming off 2 wins at WW and RDA is 1-3 in his last 4 (granted the losses were to Usman, Covington, and Edwards). I think RDA is a better all around fighter, but if Chiesa turns up the pressure, I could see him winning. Almost all of RDA's losses are to high pressure wrestlers and Chiesa is still a decent sized WW (hard to be believe he made 155 for so long), has some wrestling, and a good submission game.

Reactions: CDJ and Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Glad we finally have a date. Nothing against Anderson but this was the fight to make.

Shevchenko vs. Chookagian is expected to be the co-main event.

Makes sense. Chiesa coming off 2 wins at WW and RDA is 1-3 in his last 4 (granted the losses were to Usman, Covington, and Edwards). I think RDA is a better all around fighter, but if Chiesa turns up the pressure, I could see him winning. Almost all of RDA's losses are to high pressure wrestlers and Chiesa is still a decent sized WW (hard to be believe he made 155 for so long), has some wrestling, and a good submission game.

I like it. That's a good Fight Night card they're putting together.

Blaydes vs. JDS
Edgar vs. Sandhagen
RDA vs. Chiesa

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The Fight Night & Houston PPV are both already shaping up pretty well.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Wasn't sure where to put it but Ortiz/Wilder is on tomorrow.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The UFC officially announced their changes to their anti-doping policy. Good news and should prevent many of the problems over the last couple of years.

Reactions: h2 and pistolpete11

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Authorities believe they found Walt Harris’ stepdaughters body, Aniah Blanchard. 2nd and 3rd arrests have been made the last couple of days

Just awful. This poor girl

Reactions: h2 and m9

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Authorities believe they found Walt Harris’ stepdaughters body, Aniah Blanchard. 2nd and 3rd arrests have been made the last couple of days

Just awful. This poor girl
f***ed up man. My heart goes out to Walt and his family, just awful.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

Pretty good odds to bet on Tony, if you ask me. I thought it would be a little closer to a pick 'em.

Reactions: m9

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Don't like that they're making the fans wait until April for this one

Ferguson last fought in June, and Khabib had an easy victory in early September

There's no reason this bout couldn't take place in January

Last edited:
Reactions: pistolpete11

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Don't like that they're making the fans wait until April for this one

Ferguson last fought in June, and Khabib had an easy victory in early September

There's no reason this bought couldn't take place in January
Champs fight less, I think partly due to the time it takes to train and recover from 5 round fights, but it does seem like an excessively long time between fights for 2 guys who, as far as we know, are healthy. I don't know. It seems like they've been targeting this timeframe from the beginning, so I'm not sure. I guess maybe fighting less makes it more of an 'event' when they finally do fight?

Whatever. I'll be happy as long as the fight actually takes place (*knock on wood*)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad