MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Anyone watch the first episode of Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series on Fight Pass? Apparently there were some great fights.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I don't like the TUF part because that means we have to wait until December or the fact that Poirier doesn't get his rematch but I love this fight.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

I don't like the TUF part because that means we have to wait until December or the fact that Poirier doesn't get his rematch but I love this fight.

I don't care about the rematch, Poirier won the fight.

This was the fight I wanted, and anytime they aren't tying up belts on TUF it's a good thing.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't trust a word the UFC says..

They'll lie for their own interests but Novitzky went on record to deny it so I tend to believe him here. Lesnar would also show up on the USADA website if he was indeed back in the program and getting tested.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
One rumour was that Lesnar was doing this for leverage in his contract negotiations with WWE? But if he's planning to stay in WWE entering a strict drug screening program probably isn't the best thing :laugh:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Confirmed fights for the Edmonton card.....

Demetrious Johnson vs. Ray Borg
Amanda Nunes vs. Valentina Shevchenko
Junior dos Santos vs. Francis Ngannou
Gilbert Melendez vs. Jeremy Stephens
Henry Cejudo vs. Wilson Reis

I told myself I wouldn't get tickets until closer to fight night after what happened with the Calgary card a few years back but now I think they're going to make me do it as soon as tickets go on sale.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Damn didn't know Dos Santos is fighting Ngannou. Although if Lesnar comes back, I would've loved to see him fight Ngannou.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria

I told myself I wouldn't get tickets until closer to fight night after what happened with the Calgary card a few years back but now I think they're going to make me do it as soon as tickets go on sale.

Seems like an event where secondary market tickets will be cheaper than face value.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010

Still on the fence on if I'm buying tix right when they drop. Might wait it out.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Seems like an event where secondary market tickets will be cheaper than face value.

You're probably right. They should get cheaper as the event gets closer but it's also their first time in Edmonton so I don't want to miss out.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Unless I can get tickets for dirt cheap, I'll pass on the Edmonton event. JDS vs Ngannou is a great fight, Stephens vs Melendez should be fun, Nunes vs Shevchenko is meh, and I have no interest in watching flyweights under any circumstances whatsoever and there are 4 on the main card.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Unless I can get tickets for dirt cheap, I'll pass on the Edmonton event. JDS vs Ngannou is a great fight, Stephens vs Melendez should be fun, Nunes vs Shevchenko is meh, and I have no interest in watching flyweights under any circumstances whatsoever and there are 4 on the main card.

I swear DJ has been on a few UFC cards now in Canada and 1) they all do so poorly 2) people end up leaving before the main event and 3) all the cards have generally sucked

Stop putting DJ on PPVs. Of a year of terrible PPV buy rates DJ may set an even lower buy rate.

Vancouver - 115,000 buys (many left after MacDonald)
Montreal - 125,000 (just an overall horrible card, co was Page/Fabio)

UFC in Toronto next year deserves something big. McGregor at Rogers...

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I swear DJ has been on a few UFC cards now in Canada and 1) they all do so poorly 2) people end up leaving before the main event and 3) all the cards have generally sucked

Stop putting DJ on PPVs. Of a year of terrible PPV buy rates DJ may set an even lower buy rate.

Vancouver - 115,000 buys (many left after MacDonald)
Montreal - 125,000 (just an overall horrible card, co was Page/Fabio)

UFC in Toronto next year deserves something big. McGregor at Rogers...

He'd have to be facing GSP for that to happen. Cowboys Stadium, Aviva Stadium in Dublin and even Wembley would come before Rogers for the McGregor show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad