The Star: MLSE to raise prices next Year

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
NHL pre-season play is probably equivalent to AHL level play, only more expensive. Can't say I support making such a purchase unless you're primary motive is to get in and take a look at what the big house looks like - certainly not the level of play on the ice.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
You don't see the contradiction?

You couldn't give your preseason tickets away for free but there's plenty of Leafs fans out there who would love to see a game, preseason or not?

I guess if you assume I know all Leaf fans. I only know a handful of them.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
To be honest, watching the game at home at home is more enjoyable at least for me... I get a much better view of the game, get to watch replays, have commentary and have the comfort of my home. Leaf games are BORING, uncomfortable seats, overpriced food and beverages, its a snooze fest with no atmosphere anymore, It costs money for transportation and seats are way overpriced... its a 45 minute drive with traffic for me plus parking... Ya right am I willing to spend my money for that... Playoffs are a different story... Or even a Buffalo game where there's an atmosphere? A game in Toronto though? Not a chance would I give my money to them. I've been to about 7 games in Toronto I've never paid though.

TheThrill81*

To be honest, watching the game at home at home is more enjoyable at least for me... I get a much better view of the game, get to watch replays, have commentary and have the comfort of my home. Leaf games are BORING, uncomfortable seats, overpriced food and beverages, its a snooze fest with no atmosphere anymore, It costs money for transportation and seats are way overpriced... its a 45 minute drive with traffic for me plus parking... Ya right am I willing to spend my money for that... Playoffs are a different story... Or even a Buffalo game where there's an atmosphere? A game in Toronto though? Not a chance would I give my money to them. I've been to about 7 games in Toronto I've never paid though.

Interesting how the people who complain most about the atmosphere/prices are usually the ones who attend games on some other person's dime.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's

You ARE on a Leafs message board, which means you have access to the internet.

Seeing as there's plenty of Leafs fans out there who would love to see a preseason game (your words), surely you could have gotten someone to take them, right?

Preseason games are meaningless. Stop acting like this is some sort of great "get" for the fanbase. It's patronizing and reeks of humblebragging from a Season Ticket Holder.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site

Of those handful, would they take regular season tickets from you? You don't need to know all Leaf fans to understand that if people in your circle don't want the pre-season and then people on a message board post that they don't want them, it's not a big leap to figure that maybe many more people might not care about them. I know you know what point people are trying to get across here and to suggest otherwise is disingenuous to say the least.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
You ARE on a Leafs message board, which means you have access to the internet.

Seeing as there's plenty of Leafs fans out there who would love to see a preseason game (your words), surely you could have gotten someone to take them, right?

Preseason games are meaningless. Stop acting like this is some sort of great "get" for the fanbase. It's patronizing and reeks of humblebragging from a Season Ticket Holder.

Ahhh ,cut him a little bit of slack DS,

As a paid employee of MLSE, ACC is just doing his job, schilling.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Of those handful, would they take regular season tickets from you? You don't need to know all Leaf fans to understand that if people in your circle don't want the pre-season and then people on a message board post that they don't want them, it's not a big leap to figure that maybe many more people might not care about them. I know you know what point people are trying to get across here and to suggest otherwise is disingenuous to say the least.

People in my "circle" would only cover a very small portion of the Leaf fan demographic and I'm sure many here would take cheap pre-season tickets if they had the opportunity(which they now will).

Seems only a few think there is some evil motive from MLSE by doing this when it would have been very easy for them to just continue billing the Subscriber and selling out the games.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Well, MLSE does have to pay Clarkson! :help:

Just once, I'd like to see MLSE maintain, or even lower, the ticket prices. :nod:

It's ridiculous how they can continue to gouge us and not deliver a Cup winning team! :shakehead

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Well, MLSE does have to pay Clarkson! :help:

Just once, I'd like to see MLSE maintain, or even lower, the ticket prices. :nod:

It's ridiculous how they can continue to gouge us and not deliver a Cup winning team! :shakehead

I only know about Purple Subscriber prices but they were lowered($42 - $37) in 2004 coming out of the lockout, went up $1 last year($38) and it looks like $2 this year($40) which still keeps the price below what they were before 2004($42).

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Have to say that I'm a fan of this move -- it at least shows that they're listening.

Of course they're going to raise prices every year, at least in this case, they're giving season seat holders the option to not have to deal with the hassle of unloading preseason tickets (as often), as well as the ability to offer up low-value tickets to people who would otherwise not be able to see a game.

As for people complaining about lack of availability for regular season games, there are plenty available through the secondary market at fair market value. What gives you the right to demand that you recieve tickets below market value?

MrLegend28*

you guys complain but theres 20k people in Toronto who can financially afford these tickets (or companies) and they buy them. its a business. If you were running a business you'd do the same.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Have to say that I'm a fan of this move -- it at least shows that they're listening.

Of course they're going to raise prices every year, at least in this case, they're giving season seat holders the option to not have to deal with the hassle of unloading preseason tickets (as often), as well as the ability to offer up low-value tickets to people who would otherwise not be able to see a game.

As for people complaining about lack of availability for regular season games, there are plenty available through the secondary market at fair market value. What gives you the right to demand that you recieve tickets below market value?

I challenge you to find me some and I'll glad pay you a modest brokerage fee. I want to see the Leafs on March 22nd or 29th. Will pay up to $280 for two tickets, assuming their face value. Market value should equal face value here considering re-selling them for profit is illegal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad