The Star: MLSE to raise prices next Year

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
....He also expects the new option to make up to 10,000 tickets available to single game buyers, which satisfies local fans’ desire to make Leafs tickets more accessible while also meeting MLSE’s need to squeeze more revenue from a hockey team that sells out nearly every game.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...t_prices_to_increase_but_so_will_options.html

Modest increase to Subscriber Prices, doesn't mention any increase to Single Game Prices.

There is an option now for Subscribers to opt out of 2 pre-season games which will open up more tickets to real fans.

A couple things here I like, hopefully more to come.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
*Sigh*

Sometimes I wish I wasn't a Leafs fan. It would probably be a lot better for me health and my wallet...

Ace88*

Preseason games? What a total slap in the face, these idiots seriously think this means **** all? I think i actually kind of take offense to this.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Forgive me if I'm reading this wrong but are they seriously championing the freeing up of 10,000 pre-season tickets?!

The article says 10000 single game seats.I assume that means throughout the season 10000 seats or around 250 a game,big deal.And 95% of the seats are season tickets,only leaving around 1000 seats for the general public.Ridiculus,I wouldn't doubt that of the 95% seasons seats,50% are owned by ticket resellers.No wonder the ACC is so quiet,full of suits and pissed off people that payed triple what tickets actually cost.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
The article says 10000 single game seats.I assume that means throughout the season 10000 seats or around 250 a game,big deal.And 95% of the seats are season tickets,only leaving around 1000 seats for the general public.Ridiculus,I wouldn't doubt that of the 95% seasons seats,50% are owned by ticket resellers.No wonder the ACC is so quiet,full of suits and pissed off people that payed triple what tickets actually cost.

This will make pre-season games more available.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's

“If half the season ticket holders (opt out of two preseason games), that’s close to 10,000 seats that our team here has to go sell. For preseason games that’s not easy but it’s the right thing to do by our season seat holders.â€

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
Jesus, how far up your behind does someone have to be before you realize they're screwing you? MLSE is lucky to have the fans they have.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
“If half the season ticket holders (opt out of two preseason games), that’s close to 10,000 seats that our team here has to go sell. For preseason games that’s not easy but it’s the right thing to do by our season seat holders.â€

Yep, in the past I've had trouble giving them away never mind selling them.

Baarle*

May 29, 2010
28.294194, -39.07612
Then you don't need to purchase them. I'm just happy we'll only have to buy 2 now instead of four.

MLSE is making it seem like this is some big news for fans, more ticket availability-just what everyone wanted! Except it's not, it's a cheaper marketing ploy that for some reason you seem to be supporting

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
MLSE is making it seem like this is some big news for fans, more ticket availability-just what everyone wanted! Except it's not, it's a cheaper marketing ploy that for some reason you seem to be supporting

While this is great news for Subscribers, why wouldn't any Leaf fan support this?

TML FTW*

LOL I totally misunderstood and thought they were talking about regular season games. Who the hell cares about pre-season games. BFD.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
There's nothing to support, it's not even newsworthy. The point is pre season tickets are useless and no one wants them

I disagree. I'm sure there are many out there who would love to go to a Leaf game, pre-season or not.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Prices should go up 15%. That should free up a good lot of single-game tickets and the games would still sell out, single game purchasers just wouldn't have to go to scalpers or stubripoff.com to get 'em.

MLSE doesn't have to worry about pissing off season ticket holders either, theres a lineup ready to replace however many they piss off. I'd just LOVE to see prices increase enough to dramatically affect profit margins of those whoring out the system.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
While reducing season ticket holders’ preseason obligations, the club also will introduce tiered pricing within sections.
So instead of pricing the Air Canada Centre’s entire purple section at $38 per seat per game, MLSE will now divide that section into three sub-sections. In 2014-2015, seats at the front of the section will sell for $44, while seats at the back of the section cost $40.

This is great and something we had requested.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Then you don't need to purchase them. I'm just happy we'll only have to buy 2 now instead of four.
Same. The price of our seats went up a it and it looks like they're changing seat classifications.

I'm not sure if the increase includes 2 or 4 preseason games though.

dsf

Dec 7, 2009
Brampton
The fans they are trying to accommodate - those who really can't afford to go to the games, not those just too cheap to pay - will 100% love to go to pre-season. Heck, I'm thrilled to go to pre-season and I usually get a decent share of season tickets throughout the year too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad