MLS Thread: Enter Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Every time I watch a game at your stadium it's full of completely empty stands.
Do they award trophies for having a full stadium now and I missed it? Oh and the playoff games at RBA dating back to 2013 have largely been full or close to it.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Do they award trophies for having a full stadium now and I missed it? Oh and the playoff games at RBA dating back to 2013 have largely been full or close to it.

Not to mention the SS clinching games as well. Shouldn't waste too much time with this guy. You'd be hard pressed to find anything remotely positive about MLS in his posts here.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
We are real supporters, not glory hunting trash who support big Yuro-peen team. You wouldn't understand.
I rarely agree with you when it comes to mls but bravo.

Also does anyone know a good MLS podcast? I tried the official MLS one but it felt like listening to Don Garner propaganda.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I rarely agree with you when it comes to mls but bravo.

Also does anyone know a good MLS podcast? I tried the official MLS one but it felt like listening to Don Garner propaganda.

I personally like the Max and Herc podcast, but they don't focus only on MLS and talk about Liga MX, Mexico/USMNT

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

St. Louis going to make a soccer stadium announcement shortly, looking to be one of the next two expansion spots.

The combo of city stadium with no city tax money, local ownership group, and a female led group, which would be the first in the league, will pretty much lock it up IMO. St. Louis and MLS were pretty much waiting for the Taylor's to invest their fortune.

The added benefit of Sporting finally having the perfect natural rival, which will make for some very entertaining matches.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
The combo of city stadium with no city tax money, local ownership group, and a female led group, which would be the first in the league, will pretty much lock it up IMO. St. Louis and MLS were pretty much waiting for the Taylor's to invest their fortune.

The added benefit of Sporting finally having the perfect natural rival, which will make for some very entertaining matches.
Soccer gets another shot in St. Louis as family that owns Enterprise launches bid for MLS team | Business | stltoday.com

Here is the full story, but yes less reliance on public funding is key. I think they will need state money for infrastructure (rerouting 40/64 entrance/exit), but they had plans for that already in the works and they are asking less money than the previous group.

I believe there are two spots for expansion? Who else is in the running?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The league would become garbage if they add that many teams, unless revenue seriously skyrockets and all clubs can afford higher-end talent. I'm not just talking about the old-bums, but the cost of infrastructure to scout South America or Europe to find quality young/prime players. If they add a bunch of teams, and there are a bunch of boring, horrible clubs, then it won't do any good.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
At 23 teams right now it's already become that to a degree.
Agreed. You have some of your heavy hitters that can find talent, and then some very solid/stable clubs like Sporting KC that can find players that fit their system, but then a lot of meh is spread around and makes it hard to watch.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
And a huge problem is the lack of quality in the American youngsters. NCAA for the most part isn't good enough to provide MLS caliber players, and the academies are taking a long time to deliver...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad